Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
The Capri is a BF, with a B6T or a B62E
They're definitely disposable cars. They just seem to crumble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just watched: Vanishing Point
Watching now: Convoy

what do i watch nest.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Grand Prix? Rush?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

God I haven't watched convoy since I was about 12. I can't imagine it'll be as good as I remember.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

Grand Prix? Rush?

Both seem to lack social presence.

cakesmith handyman posted:

God I haven't watched convoy since I was about 12. I can't imagine it'll be as good as I remember.

It is so much loving better. You probably remember it is a "cool truck" movie, when really it's about social injustice

It's a rather painful social statement in light of current racial injustice.

I love the movie with all my heart but can't supress the emotions in relation to the message of the film, and the lack of progress with white supremacists still in charge.

I would seriously implore anybody who can't recite the move by heart to eatch it with a "clean slate" state of mind

It will be so much more than you could remember.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Have you seen the original Gone In 60 Seconds? Two lane Blacktop? Or less car related, the original Taking Of Pelham 123?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I cannot state enough, if you haven't watched Convoy(1978) in the last 10 years, you have to find a way to see it.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Suburban Dad posted:

What vehicle is this in for starters?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

And nomination for the worst picture in the history of internetdom goes to...

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Your issue seems to be orientation in nature. Try putting the wheels on the ground first.

:haw:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's a lexus LS400, why can't i shut these usleess parts of my brain off and figure out my problems :negative:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Powershift posted:

It's a lexus LS400, why can't i shut these usleess parts of my brain off and figure out my problems :negative:

:ssh: it's not. (but close-ish)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

It's probably a Crown or Cresta. They almost look the same as a LS400, but there's a couple of things that do separate them from the Lexus

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Decide not to sell it? I assume this is the thing you imported for chump change.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

meatpimp posted:

And nomination for the worst picture in the history of internetdom goes to...

Bad pic I was just stoked the usb jumpstarter worked exactly as advertised. $30 and it’s 22 degrees here I’ve been out of town batt was dead

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Powershift posted:

Just watched: Vanishing Point
Watching now: Convoy

what do i watch nest.

Duel

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, a really good buddy of mine has just let me down pretty badly. Like my feelings are actually hurt over this. I don't want to get into specifics but I am pretty bummed about what he's doing.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Man, a really good buddy of mine has just let me down pretty badly. Like my feelings are actually hurt over this. I don't want to get into specifics but I am pretty bummed about what he's doing.

Well u gonna have to tell us after all the drama around you so what happened?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Yeah "Ryno's buddys let him down/dissapointed him/backstabbed him/etc" doesnt really narrow it down going on past history.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

*Resets the number on the "Number of days since the last Rhyno Drama" tally*

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Rhyno posted:

Just don't give a gently caress.
https://markmanson.net/not-giving-a-gently caress

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
Ugh, woke up for no reason and couldn't get back to sleep. Having some decaf tea with some scotch while waiting for my brain to stop being an rear end in a top hat. (Spoiler alert: it won't.)

I do have to wonder why I have two bottles of GlenDronach Allardice 18. Not that I'm complaining, it's just that it seems pretty good for someone who doesn't really drink scotch. I think one is from the BIL for Tet Jr's birth, but the other?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
One day a Mazda 3 keyfob (narrowed down to a 2006-2009) with a flip out key, showed up in the middle of the floor in my apartment.

I've lived here since March and literally nobody has ever been in here but me. I know this, as I also have cameras and motion detectors that would notify me (and the AC controller would turn the fan on and send me a text if it detected motion).

Fully convinced it was just wedged in the recliner by a PO and fell out one day while kickin' it, otherwise I have a Spectral Math Teacher situation.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Well, go outside, start clicking unlock until you see lights flash. :v:

Rhyno posted:

Original close date was the 21st, we wanted to push back to Dec 2nd so everything on the list could be done.

Not remotely related aside from house sale, but.... delivery story.

Parked in front of a house for a delivery, right at the mailbox. Noticed... uh.... wait, there's no pathway to the door near the mailbox, never seen that before. poo poo, the garage is on the main road (corner house), and the only path to the door goes from that. No sidewalk on the main road or the street the house is on. I don't feel like paying frogger.

Customer opened the front door and clearly understood what was going through my head... "dude, walk across the loving yard, I don't give a poo poo... we just sold the house, it's the new owner's problem next week!".

Had to laugh quite a bit at that, still tried to take long steps. I'm courteous enough to NEVER walk across someone's lawn unless that's the only way to get to their door. I consider it disrespectful (my stepdad is super loving anal about his lawn, to the point of using a ruler to measure how high the grass is and how high his lawnmower is [even though he hasn't even checked the oil on it in 5 years, much less ever changed it or sharpened the blade]).

cakesmith handyman posted:

Powershift posted:

I cannot state enough, if you haven't watched Convoy(1978) in the last 10 years, you have to find a way to see it.

Cake, it's far better than you remember, at least if you have a passing understanding of US politics and racism (and it seems those in the UK and Aus have a far better understanding of what's going on here than 99.9% of Americans...)

You Am I posted:

I thought that counter was just stuck at 0 these days?

The "Number of hours since STR's GF got pissed off at him" counter is counting backwards now, for anyone wondering. It's gonna tick a few hairs further back in a few minutes when I bomb the bathroom, since the pho she insisted we get yesterday hasn't agreed with me (I love pho, but I've destroyed 5 bathrooms so far in a little over 24 hours... 2 gas stations, 2 restaurants, and mine). Oh yeah, she ordered pho with tripe, and refuses to eat it (can't say I blame her there, but why order tripe if you won't eat it?).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Nov 11, 2018

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Queen Combat posted:

One day a Mazda 3 keyfob (narrowed down to a 2006-2009) with a flip out key, showed up in the middle of the floor in my apartment.

I've lived here since March and literally nobody has ever been in here but me. I know this, as I also have cameras and motion detectors that would notify me (and the AC controller would turn the fan on and send me a text if it detected motion).

Fully convinced it was just wedged in the recliner by a PO and fell out one day while kickin' it, otherwise I have a Spectral Math Teacher situation.

Did the recliner come with the apt? Man or ma’am that is insane I’d be freaked out!

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013
Last month, my wife and I sold both our cars. We bought an 09 Mazda Atenza/6 Wagon for her to use with the kids. Mean while I've had a couple of grand burning a hole in my pocket to get something cheap and cheap to run for my 50km/week commute.
Yesterday I came home with this:

1993 Toyota Levin GT Apex. Manual with a Silvertop 4AGE. Absolute hoot to drive. Paints hosed a la 90s toyota but body is straight. Now to look into trying some motorkhana.

Echotic fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Nov 11, 2018

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

That... looks an awful like the boring as gently caress early 90s Toyota Corolla/Chevy(Geo) Prizm we got (only as a sedan), except with a weird hood and 2 doors.

I'm so confused, so is my boner!

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013
Thats exactly what it is, its the AE101 chassis. Hood is from the supercharged model but I may try duct that air towards the intake.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
It's a pity, the supercharged engine in the 3 door hatch we got would've made quite a nice little hot hatch.

You Am I posted:

I'm just amazed that having space for double figures on the board wasn't actually a waste of effort.

Queen Combat posted:

Wait, we have a literal Mazda curse now? Cool!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

He didn't do anything dramatic, there's no drugs, violence or jail time. He just made a promise that was somewhat important and broke it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Echotic posted:

Last month, my wife and I sold both our cars. We bought an 09 Mazda Atenza/6 Wagon for her to use with the kids. Mean while I've had a couple of grand burning a hole in my pocket to get something cheap and cheap to run for my 50km/week commute.
Yesterday I came home with this:

1993 Toyota Levin GT Apex. Manual with a Silvertop 4AGE. Absolute hoot to drive. Paints hosed a la 90s toyota but body is straight. Now to look into trying some motorkhana.

Man, Toyota first put that scoop on the gt four and then stuck it on everything

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

BraveUlysses posted:

Man, Toyota first put that scoop on the gt four and then stuck it on everything

I think they're still sticking it on the 4Runner

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

spog posted:

Yeah, we want you alive and happy.

And whose opinions are more important in this world: politicians or a bunch of members of a forum famous for making GBS threads-pants, in a sub-forum where the common theme is that the internal combustion engine was a gift from Jesus?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHJbSvidohg

The internal combustion engine was actually a gift from Satan

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Um, they gave us the key lock access code. So we have full access to the house.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Someone apparently stole Roadkill's Mazdarati. Not sure how far they're going to get with an insanely... "unique" vehicle like that.

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 11, 2018

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Rhyno posted:

He didn't do anything dramatic, there's no drugs, violence or jail time. He just made a promise that was somewhat important and broke it.
Dating your sister?

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

ilkhan posted:

Dating your sister?

*roblox death sound*

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

ilkhan posted:

Dating your sister?

Promised he wouldn't and did, or promised he would and didn't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ilkhan posted:

Dating your sister?

No. I can't really explain it I guess. Just know that If I'm disappointed in someone it must be pretty terrible.

• Locked thread