Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
It's that time of year again!

Here's a cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Looks like a good cat

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I need a new DD.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

the spyder posted:

I need a new DD.

Same.

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST
cars were a mistake

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Daily Dog?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

SlimManFat posted:

cars were a mistake

drat right. Ride Motos.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

destroy all vehicles

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

I'm daily driving a 94 Rx-7 that hasn't moved since '01 on Portland's most traveled roads. It's basically my version of hell for ~2 hours a day.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
poo poo OP, goode catte

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

poo poo OP, goode catte

:same:

Didn't get a single trick or treater this year so I brought the candy in and gave it to my night shift.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

the spyder posted:

I'm daily driving a 94 Rx-7 that hasn't moved since '01 on Portland's most traveled roads. It's basically my version of hell for ~2 hours a day.

Ouch.

I'm dding the speed6 which is making more noises than it should whilst consuming premium fuel and spitting out 20mpg on a good day. But my work drive is only 25 minutes each way. Once we close on the house I'm going to dive into OT and get me a fuckin Prius or something.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

No idea if we had any trick or treaters because we took the kids to a Halloween party instead. Lots of fun costumes, most of the adults too.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
So, the Forester with Blizzaks is phenomenal in bad weather. Should I keep the DWSes on the Impreza for when we gave weird warm spikes, or put studs in the Altimaxes for when it's icy and miserable?

(Or should I sell the drat thing and save on insurance? gently caress, I would miss it.)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Happy birthday to anyone born around the 14th of this month, your parents enjoyed Valentine's day a whole bunch.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Happy birthday to anyone born around the 14th of this month, your parents enjoyed Valentine's day a whole bunch.

Always good to remind people about their parents bumping uglies.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Your numbers are slightly off (LMP for ovulation window of mid-February would be late January, with subsequent due date around the sixth to ninth), but I applaud your attempt to gross out fellow posters.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Picked up my Mazda3 the other day. Really tidy car. Nice to be back behind the wheel of a Mazda again. Feels like home

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Your numbers are slightly off (LMP for ovulation window of mid-February would be late January, with subsequent due date around the sixth to ninth), but I applaud your attempt to gross out fellow posters.

Dang.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

We had about 80 kids this year and thank Christ I ran out of candy right at the end

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Rhyno posted:

Ouch.

I'm dding the speed6 which is making more noises than it should whilst consuming premium fuel and spitting out 20mpg on a good day. But my work drive is only 25 minutes each way. Once we close on the house I'm going to dive into OT and get me a fuckin Prius or something.

Pick up a used gen 1 volt. They are dirt loving cheap with low miles. If you can get over the million buttons and tankiness (you really feel how heavy it is) it's a great car that's massively over engineered. Once the gen 2s dip down (hopefully they depreciate well, too :v:) then I may jump on one.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Merry christmas, everybody!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Powershift posted:

"It's the day after Halloween, Lin."

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Powershift posted:

We have one nurse already gearing up for Christmas, it's maddening.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

the spyder posted:

Well then fix the 240 or buy a bmw

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

71 kids by the end of the night. One of the better turnouts in the 7 Halloween's at that house.
Some super-cute costumes to.

Now, the slow trudge to Christmas before I have anything more than a weekend off.

Wheee?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
It was cold and rainy last night so there were very few kids out. I'd say less than 20 stopped by the house. :smith:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

This Halloween I invested in a good pair of Dickies coveralls (dark blue) and a decent Michael Myers mask. Simple yet very effective, I walked (slowly and creepily) the neighborhood with my son and his friends and the attention I got was crazy. I would also stand at the end of the driveways and stare into each house, staying true to the character. Also noticed dogs did not like it at all lol.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

We had loads of trick or treaters last night and all were nice and polite which was lovely.
Car passed it's MOT without any comments too :toot:

I won't get the Christmas decs out for some time but I have been collecting AI:SS bits throughout the year

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Ended the night with 207 kids I believe. I texted my brother that lives in a small city in the middle of a neighborhood which is Halloween central and he had something like 500 or some drat thing. I think he tries to buy all his candy for the kids today so he has it for next year.

tetrapyloctomy posted:

It's my birthday next week. I never thought of when my parents got busy, ever. :(

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slidebite fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Nov 1, 2018

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

freelop posted:

We had loads of trick or treaters last night and all were nice and polite which was lovely.
Car passed it's MOT without any comments too :toot:

I won't get the Christmas decs out for some time but I have been collecting AI:SS bits throughout the year

My tree is up already!!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, Target has some insane deals on TVs this black friday. Almost makes me want to head out that day.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

freelop posted:

I am actually stoked because I got something for AI:SS this week too.

Halloween was a good one. We had tons of kids, my parents came to my house and my dad went around with me for a while with the kids while Mrs. Heroic and my mom hung out at house to pass out candy. My kids and a friend went around for two hours. They got a ton of candy, but not as much as you would think going around for that long. They were so slow, celebrating every single treasure after every single door.

Being a dad is good :3:

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I am actually stoked because I got something for AI:SS this week too.

Halloween was a good one. We had tons of kids, my parents came to my house and my dad went around with me for a while with the kids while Mrs. Heroic and my mom hung out at house to pass out candy. My kids and a friend went around for two hours. They got a ton of candy, but not as much as you would think going around for that long. They were so slow, celebrating every single treasure after every single door.

Being a dad is good :3:

That's awesome man! It was my favorite day as a kid - and kids love it when you go out with them.

A+ Parenting (ps saw the costumes on facebook, friggin awesome)

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

"It's the day after Halloween, Lin."

Discussing taking down the yard decorations on the way into work this morning... my wife wanted to take them down ASAP, I want to wait until Saturday because :effort: and daylight (or lack thereof). She followed it with a request to put Christmas lights up.

Rhyno posted:

Man, Target has some insane deals on TVs this black friday. Almost makes me want to head out that day.

Aren't most of those deals available online too?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Aren't most of those deals available online too?

The very best ones say in store only. But I will most likely wait for SB season to buy a tv, the deals are just as good.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Rhyno posted:

The very best ones say in store only. But I will most likely wait for SB season to buy a tv, the deals are just as good.

Jsut be warned that - from what I have learned here - the TVs in Target/Walmart may be special, lower-quality ones especially for them.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Suburban Dad posted:

Pick up a used gen 1 volt. They are dirt loving cheap with low miles. If you can get over the million buttons and tankiness (you really feel how heavy it is) it's a great car that's massively over engineered. Once the gen 2s dip down (hopefully they depreciate well, too :v:) then I may jump on one.
I've considered buying one a few times in the past year. They don't drive terrible and other than feeling like just another boring appliance they aren't bad. When the VW finally dies if I don't replace it with another cheap mk4 tdi it'll be a mk1 volt.

No kids for Halloween again but I sure as hell wouldn't let my kids walk on this road. I figure when we have a kid we'll go over to wherever the step-mother is living.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

spog posted:

Jsut be warned that - from what I have learned here - the TVs in Target/Walmart may be special, lower-quality ones especially for them.

A friend used to work at Best Buy and that's exactly what's on black friday discount, the poo poo low quality stuff. That said, if you need a cheap tv, can't beat the price...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

spog posted:

It's how they get around price-matching too.

• Locked thread