Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

ShaneB posted:

Where the hell is the top 8 ? I can't find it.

https://twitter.com/magicprotour/status/1061424282511794176

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Found it

https://twitter.com/magicprotour/status/1061424282511794176?s=20

gently caress you ∆∆∆

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Deck lists are not out yet but I think it is

5 white weenie
1 Boros Mid
1 Izzet Drakes
1 Jeskai Control

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Golgari is too strong gaise.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Here are the top 8 deck deck lists if you want to see what the difference between Boros Aggro and RW Aggro and White Weenie (splashing red) is...

https://magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/ptgrn/top-8-decklists-2018-11-10?=1

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Holy poo poo what happened to LSV?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Context?

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

He looked a lot slimmer the last time I saw a picture of him, that's all.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

His top8 stage appearance was very not flattering. The the tucked in shirt into sweatpants didn't help.

He is regressing to old lsv in a hurry.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

It’s pretty astonishing that there are only 4 teferis, which are the only 4 planeswalkers in any maindeck. I’d have to imagine that there is a more solid control deck once azorius gets some cards.

As someone who built gw tokens on arena, I am really surprised these white decks could get through ritual of soot and finality. I don’t always fold to them, but the best starts absolutely fold to them.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Tainen posted:

Here are the top 8 deck deck lists if you want to see what the difference between Boros Aggro and RW Aggro and White Weenie (splashing red) is...

https://magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/ptgrn/top-8-decklists-2018-11-10?=1

White Weenie has 4 cards you need a Mountain to play, RW Aggro has 4.5

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Sickening posted:

His top8 stage appearance was very not flattering. The the tucked in shirt into sweatpants didn't help.

He looked pretty Haggard when playing as well.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

meanolmrcloud posted:

It’s pretty astonishing that there are only 4 teferis, which are the only 4 planeswalkers in any maindeck. I’d have to imagine that there is a more solid control deck once azorius gets some cards.

As someone who built gw tokens on arena, I am really surprised these white decks could get through ritual of soot and finality. I don’t always fold to them, but the best starts absolutely fold to them.

no ajanis?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

Leave him alone. He's the loving man.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
White Weenie was well positioned, but it's pretty easily targeted by different removal choices from the midrange and control decks. Good format.

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Apparently he's been sick this weekend.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

they're all in the sideboard

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

meanolmrcloud posted:

Seems like it would be pretty trivial to hate out the weenie/token decks given that there's 4 sweepers readily available in standard at the minute.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Weight happens but who cares LSV rules.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Maybe Gaby has a feeder fetish, don't kinkshame people

edit: XLSV

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
For decks im pulling for jeskai

For players im pulling for Watanabe (Phoenix is still a cool deck tho)

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I think the only thing the Boros/WW decks all share together are 4 Adanto Vanguard and 4 History of Benalia, everything else can mix and match. 4 of the WW decks have 4 Tocatli Honor Guard in the SB while the other 2 have a transformational Experiential Frenzy thing.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
LSV made the top 8 yet again?

And his hot girlfriend is all excited on Twitter about how she's getting a last-minute flight to see him because she is so excited by his Magic: the Gathering skills?

...are we living in LSV's isekai?

Sickening posted:

I don't think he cares. He has like a 100% approval rating and is the only person ever to have translated his skill at Magic: the Gathering into an attractive woman dating him. I don't even think that's a fair criticism, considering he's just a regular guy. He's gained a normal amount of weight you would expect a person who was overweight, and went down to straight up thin to gain back. I lost like 50 pounds last year, and I've gained some, but not anywhere close to all of it back.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Nov 11, 2018

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, that's not creepy. Geez, you guys.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

GoutPatrol posted:

Maybe Gaby has a feeder fetish, don't kinkshame people

edit: XLSV

Actually, I've watched Gaby's stream and she talks about eating and food an awful lot. She's always ordering take-out and talking about some burrito they ate or something, like every single stream.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 11, 2018

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
AG in like half of your posts about Gaby you talk about how attractive she is.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Rinkles posted:

AG in like half of your posts about Gaby you talk about how attractive she is.
...do you think she's mad about it?

(That doesn't seem like it's very many since the topic comes up exceedingly rarely. It could be true, though.)

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Tainen posted:

Deck lists are not out yet but I think it is

5 white weenie
1 Boros Mid
1 Izzet Drakes
1 Jeskai Control

https://mobile.twitter.com/lsv/status/1061440220942475264

I’m not saying white weenie is bad, but I think winning die rolls and crushing limited had more to do with this top 8 than deckbuilding.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
LSV is literally a middle aged dad. Why do you give a poo poo what he weighs lol.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

mcmagic posted:

LSV is literally a middle aged dad. Why do you give a poo poo what he weighs lol.

You called him "Fat LSV" completely unprovoked in your second to last post in this thread, my dude

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
You're all bad posters. There, now can we PLEASE go back to talking about Plains?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Angry Grimace posted:

You called him "Fat LSV" completely unprovoked in your second to last post in this thread, my dude

I was clearly joking. You're being creepy about it.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

Gaining and losing and then gaining back a bunch of weight in quick succession is pretty unhealthy and despite the fact that MTG as a habit, vocation, etc doesn't exactly encourage the most active lifestyle I would hope that the guy is taking care of himself and not just rolling along (no pun intended) with whatever happens with regards to his health. It might come off as lowkey concern trolling but it was legit surprising to see how LSV in that state in that Top 8 photo. Shady divorce poo poo aside he does seem like a nice enough guy and is one of the few pros that I enjoy hearing talk about the game.

Health chat aside, that WW deck is gonna be the straw that finally breaks the camel's back of me crafting a set of Legion's Landing on Arena. Somehow I already have a full paper set, despite never doing a single Ixalan draft :iiam:.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Jeskai Control in the top 8 is the Crackling Drake list that was doing well before that Azor's Gateway list came out. I liked it better anyway - playing Deafening Clarion to wipe the board and give my 8/4 Drake lifelink is a fun time.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cynic Jester posted:

Golgari is too strong gaise.

Are you being obtuse deliberately? 25% or more of 5 of the top8 deck’s sideboards is dedicated specifically to shutting off that deck

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
What the hell are the 3 Entrancing Melody and Firemind’s Research for in the Izzet sideboard :psyduck:

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

TheKingofSprings posted:

What the hell are the 3 Entrancing Melody and Firemind’s Research for in the Izzet sideboard :psyduck:

Entrancing melody for the creature matchups and firemind's for the grindier matchups.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

for the matches when you expect your electromancers to live?

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

TheKingofSprings posted:

The more inexplicable your deck choices, the better you perform in Draft: the true Pro Tour secret.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

mossyfisk posted:

The more inexplicable your deck choices, the better you perform in Draft: the true Pro Tour secret.

Statistically, this is going to be true for the day 2 players in general.

(The ones that sucked in both Constructed and Draft didn't even get to day 2 to begin with)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Firemind is great against control