Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/POLITICO_Steve/status/1061433319957712906?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Zwabu posted:

How would we know she's a GOP voter even? She's not exactly in with Trump anymore.

It’s probably what would get her the most attention even if she didn’t vote GOP.

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012
I don't think it should come as a surprise to anyone that Whitmer appointed a BCBS shitbag, anymore than it shouldn't come as a surprise that just because a person you (I) voted for is in office doesn't mean that government gets put on autopilot. The electorate always has to keep a strong hand ready to make effective policy changes especially when our people might waiver in the face of doing the right thing.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Good.I think I got more pleasure out of Putin’s other bitch boy losing than just about anything else in the election.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert
el-Sayed started a PAC after he lost and I hope he's going to use that to keep Whitmer honest.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Trump hotel DC gonna get vestigated

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1061457437272825857

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
when weed is on the ballot, turnout's not the only thing that ends up high

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:getin:

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Passing show bills that won't go anywhere doesn't take too much time. I fully expect most of the work being done in the house the next 2 years will be investigating Trump, his dumb company, and his idiot children.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

People have been losing their minds on my facebook feed about how this little known Korean immigrant who no one payed any attention to was going to be elected to Congress.

Please, oh please... fuckin' do this.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
lol if several races that were 'won' end up being lost because they thought people being told they had to sign a provisional and confirm their vote later would be too lazy to do it

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tammy Duckworth is Thai and is in the loving Senate, this rear end in a top hat wouldn't be right even if Kim was gonna win.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

So does this mean Dems have completely won Orange County? Because if so, holy gently caress.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Tammy Duckworth is Thai and is in the loving Senate, this rear end in a top hat wouldn't be right even if Kim was gonna win.

It was many pages ago but somebody posted a Wikipedia list with twenty or so congressfolk

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

There are a bunch of other Asian women in congress it's completely fabricated.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Condiv posted:

i missed the dogpile, but for gods sake don't vote for trump even if the DNC rigs the 2020 primaries. write in bernie sanders, write in someone from the PSL, write in gritty. there are plenty of options for not voting for hillary, biden, or whoever else bought the DNC in 2020 that don't involve voting for a racist clown.

Yet, as we've established time and again, a vote for anything other than the direct challenger to an evil candidate is not just a wasted vote, but could be one of 500 or 5000 that could have prevented the rise of such grotesqueness.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

enraged_camel posted:

So does this mean Dems have completely won Orange County? Because if so, holy gently caress.

There are a few races still uncalled but it seems likely

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Can someone much older than me chime in on whether or not I should be worried about this growing trend of high-ranking politicians delegitimizing elections? Have dipshits who don't understand the weight of what they're saying always been around and I just didn't notice or is this genuinely a new thing?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
The first Asian woman in congress was elected 50+ years ago.

Leave it to the GOP to think that when they do diversity it’s the first time.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Rex-Goliath posted:

Can someone much older than me chime in on whether or not I should be worried about this growing trend of high-ranking politicians delegitimizing elections? Have dipshits who don't understand the weight of what they're saying always been around and I just didn't notice or is this genuinely a new thing?

How are we supposed to know how Old you are?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

PerniciousKnid posted:

How are we supposed to know how Old you are?

I'm 30 so mostly I'm interested in if this kind of thing was around before Newt Gingrich, basically.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Axetrain posted:

There are a bunch of other Asian women in congress it's completely fabricated.

She actually would have been the first Korean-American congresswoman, I think, but Charlie didn't understand that Korea is not the same thing as Asia

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

NiceGuy posted:

Good.I think I got more pleasure out of Putin’s other bitch boy losing than just about anything else in the election.

If anybody in Congress was taking foreign bribes I'd bet on Rohrabacher. He's made a number of weird statements that made me suspect that like Flynn, he was working for Turkey. Probably their lobbiests got to him through shady but legal means but still, guy was shady as gently caress.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Mahoning posted:

The first Asian woman in congress was elected 50+ years ago.

Leave it to the GOP to think that when they do diversity it’s the first time.

She isn't even the first Asian American Republican Senator iirc. Almost makes me wish Kirk was better known so more people could laugh at him.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Rex-Goliath posted:

I'm 30 so mostly I'm interested in if this kind of thing was around before Newt Gingrich, basically.
Uh, yeah. There's almost certainly less corruption in voting these days. It gets harder with greater technological safeguards and expectations. Not to say it's not rife with problems still, but my god there's a reason people joke about the dead voting.

For a long time people held that Chicago's Mayor Daley hand-delivered the 1960 election to Kennedy. There's a WaPo article debunking some of the myths there, although even that can't say there wasn't at least some modicum of fraud going on.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

If I was elected I'd be the first openly millennial Pennsylvania Dutch man, but who cares.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

It's incredible to me how the Republicans can just suck all joy out of my body. I should be over the moon but Rick Scott is literally riling people into a frenzy that could very easily result in violence by peddling a conspiracy theory that has beyond zero basis in reality for a recount that is mandated by the laws of the state of which he is governor that he is almost certain to win anyway. And there's nothing anybody can do about it, and if (more likely WHEN) one of these chuds murders somebody for MAH COUNTRY, Rick Scott won't suffer a single drop of consequences and probably won't even hedge his rhetoric or lose a second of sleep.

Every R deserves misery and suffering and I only hope they all get it.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Tibalt posted:

If I was elected I'd be the first openly millennial Pennsylvania Dutch man, but who cares.

Now that I have grey hair I’m more of a closeted millennial. Gotta hide my avocado toast.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Passing show bills that won't go anywhere doesn't take too much time. I fully expect most of the work being done in the house the next 2 years will be investigating Trump, his dumb company, and his idiot children.

That's gonna fire up voters so much that they'll forget about their crippling student-loan debt, their medical bills, the cost of shelter, and climate change!

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Chilichimp posted:

There have actually been quite a few Asian women in congress (all things considered) lol. He is amazingly super wrong.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Asian_Americans_and_Pacific_Islands_Americans_in_the_United_States_Congress

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

That's gonna fire up voters so much that they'll forget about their crippling student-loan debt, their medical bills, the cost of shelter, and climate change!

It honestly would if those bills were actually proposals to resolve those issues and not tax credits for people who make less than $25k a year and are currently drowning in climate change related flooding.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Grape posted:

There have actually been quite a few Asian women in congress (all things considered) lol. He is amazingly super wrong.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Asian_Americans_and_Pacific_Islands_Americans_in_the_United_States_Congress

Goddamn, I just realized he's probably one of these "Jungle Asians" racists who doesn't see Indian or Thai people as real Asians, because of course he loving is.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Chilichimp posted:

They don't have to pretend to tell the truth any more. They will even choose to believe things they know are stupid if they think it will piss you off.

Squalid posted:

If anybody in Congress was taking foreign bribes I'd bet on Rohrabacher. He's made a number of weird statements that made me suspect that like Flynn, he was working for Turkey. Probably their lobbiests got to him through shady but legal means but still, guy was shady as gently caress.

The leading Republican in the House now that Paul Ryan's gone is on audio saying it. Swear to God.

https://twitter.com/RussContreras/status/1061469884775727104

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Nov 11, 2018

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Willa Rogers posted:

You're right - passing medicare for all 52 times in the house will surely be the key!

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

You're right - passing medicare for all 52 times in the house will surely be the key!

If you could actually convince enough house Dems to get on board with m4a and do that It might help illustrate that the Republican controlled senate is what's standing between people and getting healthcare.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

They can do...both?

And yes, passing bills for things that have a high level of support even if it has no chance of getting past the GOP controlled senate or signed by Trump is still a good idea.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Someone should ask them why the Republicans appointed someone who they apparently knew was a "supervisor of corruption"

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

i am harry posted:

Yet, as we've established time and again, a vote for anything other than the direct challenger to an evil candidate is not just a wasted vote, but could be one of 500 or 5000 that could have prevented the rise of such grotesqueness.

No, its the candidates fault for sucking rear end. Run better candidates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Handsome Ralph posted:

They can do...both?

And yes, passing bills for things that have a high level of support even if it has no chance of getting past the GOP controlled senate or signed by Trump is still a good idea.

yeah, I'm hoping for both A) infinite investigations into the multitudinous crimes of the administration in general and Donald in particular and B) quixotic passing of good bills to force the Senate to go on record against Medicare for All / living wage / voting rights act mk2 / legal weed

heck, spit out a clean infrastructure spending bill, it might actually fuckin pass