Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Inhuman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Anidav posted:

News Corp has just launched https://kayosports.com.au/

They basically have all of the popular sports locked in for live streaming every game. Thanks LNP.

Brb cancelling my Foxtel sub

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Goffer posted:

good work scott

maybe he can swing by victoria and give daniel a boost too?

Word is ScoMo is swinging by some time this week, he'll probably do his best to link the Bourke Street incident to Dandrews. And it will come off as clumsy and offensive.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
"Hey sup it's your boy scomo here. I'm just hanging out at Lord of the Fries munging on some good.. wait what the hell is this? It's vegan? CUT"

"G'day it's your boy scomo here from Pie Face,"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Don Dongington posted:

"Hey sup it's your boy scomo here. I'm just hanging out at Lord of the Fries munging on some good.. wait what the hell is this? It's vegan? CUT"

"G'day it's your boy scomo here from Pie Face,"

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Who fucken’ tonight.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Just discovered that my new neighbour is the Greens candidate for Bendigo East: literally a student politician. I didn't think it was possible to have a smaller leaflet and she only shares half of it with the candidate for the upper house. :psyduck:

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...110-p50fau.html

Dude's homeless and gets ignored by dipshits like me every day but rose to the occasion and barrelled a trolley at the guy. Why not help him?

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Frogfingers posted:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...110-p50fau.html

Dude's homeless and gets ignored by dipshits like me every day but rose to the occasion and barrelled a trolley at the guy. Why not help him?

Maybe because when armed police are confronting someone any action that isn't 'retreat to a safe distance' is dangerous to everyone involved and should be discouraged?

Fair play to the guy for trying to do something at the start but when the police arrived he should absolutely just have left.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Maybe because when armed police are confronting someone any action that isn't 'retreat to a safe distance' is dangerous to everyone involved and should be discouraged?

Fair play to the guy for trying to do something at the start but when the police arrived he should absolutely just have left.

The police weren't really faring any better than him until the attacker was shot, and anyone with that kind of mind to have a tilt at the guy with a shopping trolley isn't probably paying any mind to the "shoulds" in that situation.

Let Australia have it's folk heroes again.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Much rather we celebrate a homeless guy with a trolley than the cops.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
In New Zealand a trolley is called a trundler.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

On his knees sucking off Rupert maybe

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Homeless people are a sign of a failed state, doubly so when you consider the amount of empty properties that exist only to make someone richer. It's not difficult to provide housing to people who need it, it just needs to be a priority

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Homelessness is a sign of the lack of BOOTSTRAP pulling and leaners.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Hahah Matty Guy is at this park I’m at right now recording some puff piece with the local member

I might go ask him why he blocked me on twitter on Friday night

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Jesus Christ some of you are just assholes for the sake of being assholes currently, take your feet off the pedal for a minute.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It's actually cheaper to give someone a house with wrap around support and healthcare than to leave them on the streets.

But if we did that the people who had to work for / inherit stuff would get mad.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

monkeu posted:

Hahah Matty Guy is at this park I’m at right now recording some puff piece with the local member

I might go ask him why he blocked me on twitter on Friday night

You know what to do.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lid posted:

Jesus Christ some of you are just assholes for the sake of being assholes currently, take your feet off the pedal for a minute.

What was that old misery communities thing we all jerked off over about 3 years back?

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

hambeet posted:

It's actually cheaper to give someone a house with wrap around support and healthcare than to leave them on the streets.

But if we did that the people who had to work for / inherit stuff would get mad.

Well from what I heard Andrews isn't doing well on the public housing front, not even keeping his own pledge.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
If you don't vote for VicSocs you are bourgie scum

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Ora Tzo posted:

You know what to do.

Ram a trolley into him? There’s a Woolies right around the corner

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Quantum Shart posted:

If you don't vote for VicSocs you are bourgie scum

:agreed:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Lid posted:

being an rear end in a top hat is auspol 101

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
start by being an rear end in a top hat and work
your way back from there

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

asspol

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Goochpol

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Lol what's this all about?

Also I'm ringing the AEC they've posted these on so many private fences and poo poo all over footscray

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

GoldStandardConure posted:

being an rear end in a top hat is australian 101

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

Also I'm ringing the AEC they've posted these on so many private fences and poo poo all over footscray

Wouldn't it be more of a VEC thing?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
https://www.aussiebattlerparty.com.au/policy-overview

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Gotta admit, that's a million times better than I was expecting.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

JBP posted:

They don't even have a candidate in Footscray afaik. Definitely not for the lower house, at least.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Zenithe posted:

Gotta admit, that's a million times better than I was expecting.

Yeah, I was expecting some One Nation-lite Party. Their policies are pretty progressive.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

In New Zealand a trolley is called a trundler.

What a funny country :3:

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Lid posted:

There is no true left wing that doesn't chew itself apart internally. Has the last 100 years taught you nothing?

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

You Am I posted:

Yeah, I was expecting some One Nation-lite Party. Their policies are pretty progressive.

Their homeless policy is pretty much en mass eminent domain. :ussr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Frogfingers posted:

Their homeless policy is pretty much en mass eminent domain. :ussr:

Believing that "thousands of businesses across the state would cheerfully sign up to this program" involving having a homeless person live in a shipping container in their car park seems questionable.