Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Having his dick pulled like taffy by half the gym

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
At least someone is doing that for him

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I really hope that crazy eyes doesn't betray Ippo's expectations. It's nice to have Ippo being an intelligent, competent person.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Crazy eyes just looks like the "monster" that ippo wishes to be. I think we even had Itagaki do that for a while.

Remember how he was looking all murdery at Ippo? Wanting to reach out for that championship belt?

Then they dropped that.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
lol, Ippo is terrible at everything.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Taihei Gunn. I don't think grown man with brain damage Ippo should be fighting in a parking lot with a high schooler though so I think this is as Rocky 5 as it goes though.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Goddamn it was basically Rocky 5. And welp i was wrong, I mean it was obvious but didn't think the writer would do it but yeah bully was using boxing so he can bully better. I want Ippo to kick that bully's rear end but I know he won't.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Nov 10, 2018

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Ippo will not attack Tahei no matter what, so I hope Takamura appears out of nowhere and beats the poo poo out of that bully

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Adnor posted:

Ippo will not attack Tahei no matter what, so I hope Takamura appears out of nowhere and beats the poo poo out of that bully

Honestly, it's the kind of thing Aokimura would be used well for with a better author.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I want Ippo to use the new Dempsey Roll on that fool. Remember when he was about to use it on the last guy? Literally everyone in here thought he was going to kill a man in the ring.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He did. Just not who everyone thought

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Shindragon posted:

Goddamn it was basically Rocky 5. And welp i was wrong, I mean it was obvious but didn't think the writer would do it but yeah bully was using boxing so he can bully better. I want Ippo to kick that bully's rear end but I know he won't.

At this point, pseudo-murdering Taihei with the new Dempsey Roll and in turn crossing that line to become a monster may be the only chance the manga has of recovering.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

turboraton posted:

I want Ippo to use the new Dempsey Roll on that fool. Remember when he was about to use it on the last guy? Literally everyone in here thought he was going to kill a man in the ring.

The next chapter opens with Umezawa and Itagaki looking on in horror, as Ippo mechanically keep punching a long-deceased Taihei.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Shindragon posted:

To be fair to Taihei, he's fighting other delinquents. He's so far kept his promise not to be a bully.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

this chapter was actually pretty solidly done after like half a year of puttering in circles

the visual of ippo charging through a sheet of falling water was real nice

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Is it just a Samurai SpiritTM thing with his treasured gloves getting wet? Aren't they pretty routinely soaked in sweat and can be taken apart and cleaned? He's cradling them like he just discovered he forgot his toddler in a hot car. That one dude punching his girlfriend in the face didn't seem to do anything, maybe this is what's supposed to push him over "that line" into Here There Be Monsters.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I agree that these recent chapters have at least been something pretty interesting. It's kinda surprising to see Morikawa actually taking some risks, after years and years of the complete opposite.

Hypocrisy posted:

To be fair to Taihei, he's fighting other delinquents. He's so far kept his promise not to be a bully.

Yeah, but he's clearly enjoying doing so. He's going to use his new-found power to take many lives, leading Ippo into a deep depression as he realizes he is indirectly responsible.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Ippo gonna drop him in 1 punch. Just wait.

No surprise Taihei is a real POS

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 13, 2018

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Ippo should take responsibility and give some tough love to his pupil before dragging him away for more roadwork

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Being a violent sociopath is like the common trait shared among most high level professional fighters. I think Taihei's got a bright future ahead of him

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
isn't this literally Takamura's background

like he was a dumb thug who just got in fights all the time

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

yeah but he didnt disrespect coaches mitts

also takamura still does that lol

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
I would say Takamura had no place to go and found it in boxing while Taihei is just using boxing to be a better thug.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Taihei had a goal and worked quickly and efficiently to accomplish it. I can't fault him for doing that opposed to interminably spinning his wheels.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

this guy is just a more well off Hawk

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
the way tahei is framed, if they keep this up, he's actually the worst character so far morally in-universe lol.

hawk was constantly threatened by the nebulous thugs of some bizarro NYC where everyone was pulling guns on him all the time. he survived due to his bizarre amounts of talent.
sawamura, while evil, was kinda forced there due to the circumstances of his upbringing / abuse / abandonment
takamura only fought other thugs for the most part, i think the only indication otherwise we're given is when he fought at the rugby tournament. tahei's fighting thugs here but he very much loves bullying too.

tahei's just a dick for being a dicks sake. i wonder where this story is gonna go.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Taiheis going to become the god of evil and he and ippo are going to clash creating the universe we currently live in

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

they can't even remotely set up an ippo vs tahei storyline because tahei's 2 years away from even being allowed to get a professional license

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

tbp posted:

they can't even remotely set up an ippo vs tahei storyline because tahei's 2 years away from even being allowed to get a professional license

underground boxing

come on morikawa do something cool before you die

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Taihei has actually been pretending this entire time and is actually trying to scout Ippo for the Underground Fighting league.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

if george is cool he'll do ippo's cus d'amato to taihei's tyson. :hellyeahmydudes:

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
It's been a while since I was chomping at the bit for a new Ippo chapter but hell, it's good to feel that again

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Agreed.

While this is probably going to be dumb at least it's somewhat interesting again.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

lmfao. look at the loving spoiler page for 1243. i am incredibly interested where this goes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hajimenoippo/comments/9wsfl5/spoiler_1243/

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jesus loving christ ippo what the hell

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
We have left Ashita no Joe, now we are in RikudouBaki territory.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Nov 14, 2018

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

prediction:

ippo goes to jail, and the coach slips him lessons about the basics of boxing periodically which ippo practice. btw everyone forgets hes the former #5 in the world or whatever. ippo becomes rowdy and starts trying to break out of jail, and also becomes roughly ten years younger, and a different boxer who is in jail stops him, starting a rivalry between the two which is settled outside the prison in a magnificent bout

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Ippo looks like he has combined Armament Haki with Super Saiyan 2.

It's a tad too much for dealing with a single punk kid, but I admit that I can't wait to see Ippo murder his traitorous student.

Edit - I just noticed the eyes - he has the Rinnegan too!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

tbp posted:

prediction:

ippo goes to jail, and the coach slips him lessons about the basics of boxing periodically which ippo practice. btw everyone forgets hes the former #5 in the world or whatever. ippo becomes rowdy and starts trying to break out of jail, and also becomes roughly ten years younger, and a different boxer who is in jail stops him, starting a rivalry between the two which is settled outside the prison in a magnificent bout

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

TOUGH

LOVE