Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

There are a lot of good Tetris Remix's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ItS97YWjZ4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqBaVGhLLVc

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

tetris effect owns incredibly hard and is my goty at this point

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/fallout/status/1058358148233355264?s=21

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Uuuuuugh

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

loving lmbo

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

i know the 'i don't want to live on this planet anymore' meme is incredibly old and played out

but

dang

i cringed so hard i was afraid my skeleton would sense weakness and attempt to flee my body

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I'm glad I never watched the Rick and Morty poo poo because I don't have to feel like such an idiot for being sucked into it for a bit before being embarrassed like I'm sure Up The Bum No Baby aka Exclusively Rick & Morty Avs feels right now

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
It's a fun show with lovely fans.

Just like everything else.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Godholio posted:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Godholio posted:

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
No actually I'm superior ok

bengy81
May 8, 2010
No single piece of thing in that ad is bad, BY ITSELF, but taken as a whole it makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
This is how you kill a cobra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXKs3hE-XCE

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
since campaigns i've hardly even noticed cobras existing tbh, it really seems like that poo poo killed part of the game.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/code4vets/status/1061400206095278080?s=21

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

loving hell

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

:laffo:

God drat.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
:patriot: "Let's make a salute pack animation and sell it for Memorial Day Weekend"
:eng101: "OK, but maybe we should give some of the proceeds to a charity?
:patriot: "Yes, excellent. This is good stuff!"
:eng101: "Hey, this salute should be animated to look like total dogshit, right?"
:patriot: "Yes, absolutely!"

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

tbf they do decent work

https://www.guidestar.org/profile/37-1589072

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Wait, this isn't a joke?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

nah, theyve done this for a while, including a 99$ ps4 theme for charity stuff too

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
So I've never beaten Witcher 3 despite it being one of my all time favorite games and playing through about 75% of the main game and it's expansions.

Think I'm going to hold off and play through it once I'm out of the Army next summer and can do it stoned out of my mind.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

More games should copy Witcher 3, like AC Odyssey and Origins do.

However I think I'm going to miss the movement/climbing all over everything from AC Odyssey when I do play Witcher 3 again. Same with the combat.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'm playing Odyssey right now, and I realized that in the earlier games, the climbing used to be like a puzzle. You used to have to try and find a path up whatever you were trying to climb, and I kind of miss that.

That being said giving people the business with an over power attack with heavy weapons and chaining it is the funniest thing.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

mlmp08 posted:

:patriot: "Let's make a salute pack animation and sell it for Memorial Day Weekend"
:eng101: "OK, but maybe we should give some of the proceeds to a charity?
:patriot: "Yes, excellent. This is good stuff!"
:eng101: "Hey, this salute should be animated to look like total dogshit, right?"
:patriot: "Yes, absolutely!"

I think their animators didn't have any veterans around and they just grabbed the guy who did JROTC 15 years ago and had him or her do it

It's perfect

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I'm playing Battlefield V early.

It's fun and they improved a bunch of gripes that people had with the beta. But it's still Battlefield, so it sucks poo poo to play solo sometimes.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'm playing Battlefield V early.

It's fun and they improved a bunch of gripes that people had with the beta. But it's still Battlefield, so it sucks poo poo to play solo sometimes.

I've been seeing positive comments but I thought the beta was so drat lame I'm still skeptical

Is there a trial for the full game if I get EA Access or whatever?

BTW - Spent my Veteran's Day playing through Vanquish. RIP in Peace Lt Col Burns o7

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
If you have origin basic ($5/mo) you get 10 hours of free play time. If you have origin premier ($14.99/mo) you get full access to the game now. I sent you a code for a free trial of origin basic in a message that works as well.

The game is incredibly fun but it has some serious bugs that they need to fix.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Yeah what Cyks said.

If anyone wants a trial code, hit me up and I'll send you one.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I already said this before but before anyone gets hopes up ;

BF5 is a reskinned BF1. The buildings are exactly the same, the textures are the same, the gameplay is the same. It is nothing like how BF4 played.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ded posted:

BF5 is a reskinned BF1. The buildings are exactly the same, the textures are the same, the gameplay is the same. It is nothing like how BF4 played.

Yeah that was my impression from the beta. Thanks for the tips on the trial guys - I'll give it a go for $5.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

ded posted:

So, for someone who was out of pocket when BF1 came out and didn't play it, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I like BF1, but I'd really like to see a return to BF3/4 type gameplay. Still going to buy BF5 on Black Friday.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

BF1 didn't hook me the way BF 4 did, sometimes I still think about re-installing BF4.

Easily my all time favorite BF experience.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I've still got it installed, I'm probably going to give it a shot this week. Never quite achieved my goal of unlocking all the weapon attachments. That meat grinder server really helped me get close, though.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Nick Soapdish posted:

So, for someone who was out of pocket when BF1 came out and didn't play it, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

BF1 is a fun game. But it does not play like the older bfs at all.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

ded posted:

BF1 is a fun game. But it does not play like the older bfs at all.

Nope (e: it doesn't play like the former BFs) - I'd say WW3 is more of a sequel to BF4 than BF1 is.

I'm having too much fun with Tarkov, Blops, and Warthunder to pick up BF5

TCD fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Nov 12, 2018

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Played BFV for a couple hours today and I think I would sum up my opinion as "well-produced but all the novelty and excitement is gone." I know BF1 was kind of a fresh start for the series but the formula seems to have gone stale very quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
I've had two people use the invite but it still says 0/4 redeemed so maybe it is bugged as well. Here's the link for anyone who wants it. Good for 10 hours of playtime.
http://www.origin.com/store/origin-access/refer-a-friend/redeem/SFBwbW45bz0jTSMxMDAwMDAxNzg0Mzgw (there's no benefit for giving somebody an invite so it doesn't matter who you get it from).
It is a 7 day free trial of Origin Basic that has a $5 monthly subscription cost so make sure you cancel it before the 7 days are up.

ded posted:

It is definitely a reskin and is even evident with the required specs being identical (and recommended is almost the same) but I don't agree on game play. It's refreshing having a game where I can put a scope on an assault rifle and still be able to hit a target that's 250-300m away.