Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Monicro posted:

Listen that would take like, a full hour or so. i need to find a way to circumvent that

I think you just open them one time and it counts, like you could close the tab 1 second after it loads and you'd be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

pog boyfriend posted:

you joke but i legit drop like 2 tiers of skill if i get put in mid lane, i loving suck at mid lane

positional mmr/rankings are gonna expose so many people (myself included)

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

me in jungle: alright, based off enemy clear time and the way they did their first clear we can assume they are a defensive jungler which means i can likely catch them at blue as soon as it spawns

me top lane: with a 3 minion advantage i can take a favourable trade here, and use the surrounding aoe the enemy does to clear my minions and push the lane equilibrium back closer to my tower and freeze there

me mid lane: ??? How do you not die to zed? what is a tower?? can i use my abilities to get last hits..?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I used to be a jungle main back in the Cinderhulk meta and would play Shyvana and Mundo constantly and just proxy farm all day and take away jungle creeps, now even tho I'm still a tank main I don't think I could manage to play top lane past a bronze 3 level but I would assume once you're at a high plat level you know enough about the game to at least not feed in whatever lane or the jungle over and over

One thing I noticed about my own play watching replays and looking at stats I usually place more wards than both teams combined because every back I just buy two control wards and use them to get incremental vision if sweeper or vision orbs are down, or just in laning phase having 2 is nice when the other lane pushes back and sweeps your control ward. Out of curiosity I started looking up NA supports ward scores and I'm placing twice as many as them too and I'm not sure what that extra 900 game could have possibly bought me that would have helped a whole lot :v:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I'm a literal idiot in every phase of the game I just know how to play a few champs. and not even the hard ones.

e: my posting style is getting way too close to bad dril tweets

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't wait until I can queue for TT and the game will know when I'm a jungler and it will change my mmr appropriately because it's different from the bot lane and man I'm sure that will be great in the near future :unsmith:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

I used to be a jungle main back in the Cinderhulk meta and would play Shyvana and Mundo constantly and just proxy farm all day and take away jungle creeps, now even tho I'm still a tank main I don't think I could manage to play top lane past a bronze 3 level but I would assume once you're at a high plat level you know enough about the game to at least not feed in whatever lane or the jungle over and over

One thing I noticed about my own play watching replays and looking at stats I usually place more wards than both teams combined because every back I just buy two control wards and use them to get incremental vision if sweeper or vision orbs are down, or just in laning phase having 2 is nice when the other lane pushes back and sweeps your control ward. Out of curiosity I started looking up NA supports ward scores and I'm placing twice as many as them too and I'm not sure what that extra 900 game could have possibly bought me that would have helped a whole lot :v:

so the thing is there was once a meta where janna would get brown boots, maybe a gp5, and a billion wards. if riot made wards that had no ward cap people would go bananas buying them. wards are insanely good because not knowing an enemy is somewhere is invaluable information and knowing an enemy is somewhere is even better

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

pog boyfriend posted:

so the thing is there was once a meta where janna would get brown boots, maybe a gp5, and a billion wards. if riot made wards that had no ward cap people would go bananas buying them. wards are insanely good because not knowing an enemy is somewhere is invaluable information and knowing an enemy is somewhere is even better

You say this but a couple days ago I played a 50 minute game where our support (thresh) didn't buy a single pink. The mind boggles

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

pog boyfriend posted:

I remember, I played in season 1

also having a poo poo-ton of wards doesnt stop your team from running one after another into a deathball from the other team

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

el dingo posted:

You say this but a couple days ago I played a 50 minute game where our support (thresh) didn't buy a single pink. The mind boggles

I almost always have two in my inventory and I play mid

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

It was a good season.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I just reinstalled this piece of poo poo and I haven't played since season 3. What do I do aaaaaaaa

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
play volibear top its the new meta

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

I just reinstalled this piece of poo poo and I haven't played since season 3. What do I do aaaaaaaa

You click on things and then some stuff happens I don't really understand but there are pretty colors and mans with swords.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Where did all my runes go what is this

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Runes are now masteries and Urgot is top-tier and Donald Trump is prez, welcome to Hell dimension ya dumb bitch :getin:

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Slaapaav posted:

play volibear top its the new meta

voli top loving manhandles sion

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

Runes are now masteries and Urgot is top-tier and Donald Trump is prez, welcome to Hell dimension ya dumb bitch :getin:

Why do I earn nothing per game?

The gently caress is BE? Why is it so complicated to earn?

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Anidav posted:

Why do I earn nothing per game?

The gently caress is BE? Why is it so complicated to earn?

BE is the new IP, it’s the in-game currency and you get it by leveling up, winning first game of the day and a few other ways

Basically it’s better than before and you earn more imaginary Riot Games points than you used to

Just YouTube “lol Blue Essence” or something and it’ll explain it all to you

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Basically it's better than before and you earn more imaginary Riot Games points than you used to

Hmm? I did a youtube search and it says to buy boosts and play aram

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Every time you level up you get a champion capsule, you can either use the shards that come out of these to get a champ for cheaper or melt them into blue essence. I think all capsules contain at least 800 essence worth of stuff.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Swain is extremely good and extremely my poo poo, I love smooshing Orianna players with this very unique + fun champion in League of Legends, a Riot Games game

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
support swain is cool and good. hes to cool for farming minions and should only farm champions

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I like to play swain too I get phase rush nimbus cloak press R and run and people and they die

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

All of the reworked champs this year have been great. Maybe too great in the case of Irelia and Akali, but I think they've got sufficient balancing levers to bring them down the correct number of pegs.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I think I've officially played more ARAM than any human being ought to.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Vermain posted:

I think I've officially played more ARAM than any human being ought to.

any amount at all, is that

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

I think you just open them one time and it counts, like you could close the tab 1 second after it loads and you'd be fine

You need to let the vod run for 10 minutes.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Wangsbig posted:

any amount at all, is that

aram is fun, unlike you are posts

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Monathin posted:

aram is fun, unlike you are posts

you're* are

DwarvenZombie
Aug 3, 2014
What champions do you guys recommend for a starting mid player?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

DwarvenZombie posted:

What champions do you guys recommend for a starting mid player?

- Lux is pretty simple to learn, though she has some issues with waveclearing until midway through the game. Still, I would consider her your basic go-to "learn how to kill things" midlaner.
- Ahri is a slightly bit more meta and not that much harder to learn. The key trick with her is catching people out with your E for a favorable trade. Her R isn't quite as damaging as Lux's, but can also be used as an escape too if you gently caress up.
- Swain can go top or mid and is very fun if you want to be a moderately beefy shithead who wades into a fight and shits damage, but he takes a lot longer to get going since he buys Rod first item like 95% of the time so you'll need to play relatively safe with him, though he can clear waves quickly one he has some AP under his belt.
- Xerath is pretty close for the longest-range mage in the game but is not very meta, he's very fun if you wanna just poke people to death all day long and laugh from just outside fog of war. He's super prone to dying immediately if jumped on though.
- Malzahar is a good sleeper pick who has built in waveclear assistance w/voidlings, does a lot of underappreciated DoT damage, and has a guaranteed point-and-click lockdown ult that makes him a good pick to play into dumb playmaking assassin champs (Zed/Kat/Yas/Akali/etc)
- Ziggs is, has, and always will be a waveclear bot, you can get long range harass on, but Ziggs best strategy is being a PvE midlaner who can take tower if your enemy midlaner roams. He's got some good damage and a decent escape in his W, though.

I think all of those are good standard picks if you wanna just start learning midlane and play them for shits and grins.

e: vvv Oh yeah, Viktor too is a good pick and has reliable waveclear and a good trading pattern. Can't believe I missed him.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 11, 2018

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Leblanc and Viktor are both currently best in class. Viktor is also very easy to play and has a forgiving laning phase.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Honestly just play Annie. Seasons change, months turn into years, and Annie will always be a good solo queue mid.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I forget where I read it, but someone long ago mentioned that pinging Annie MIA is the most terrifying ping in the game.

And if you’re below gold in literally any Elo no one will pay attention and you get free roaming kills

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

Honestly just play Annie. Seasons change, months turn into years, and Annie will always be a good solo queue mid.

Yeah, just play Annie, especially if you're brand new to mid. She's dead simple to play, is very forgiving for people new to things like last hitting and trading, and does okay into almost every matchup. It's good to eventually progress to champs that have more of an emphasis on zone control/spacing, but Annie is excellent for learning the ropes with a minimum of frustration.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

A true damage champ being Mia makes me more scared.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Anidav posted:

A true damage champ being Mia makes me more scared.

Annie does do true damage after her first two items.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I picked up TF for mid based on someone's recommendation here. While he is more challenging to play than your typical mages, I feel like I can always have an impact on the game even if I wind up losing my lane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm talking that weird burst alien stealth jungle fucker. He's true damage too isn't he?

gently caress that guy.