Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
lol the only state that could actually survive succession is California, and if they did the USAs economy would be hosed over hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

ratbert90 posted:

lol the only state that could actually survive succession is California, and if they did the USAs economy would be hosed over hard.

Nah, the water situation is only going to get worse and being dependent on other states is bad enough, let alone a whole other country.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/takeactionch/status/1061471564359786496?s=19

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Former DILF posted:

Its a symbol most recently popularized by Varg Vikernes, it’s the Nordic Othalla Rune and it now typically represents a pagan north european traditionalist movement he either founded or just endorsed called “Odalism”

i think you mean onanism

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

jarofpiss posted:

i think you mean onanism

how dare you impugn the immortal science of marxism-onanism

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Goon Danton posted:

how dare you impugn the immortal science of marxism-onanism

Pull out, thread! Pull out!

Dec 26, 2012

jarofpiss posted:

i think you mean onanism

odalism in the streets, onanism in the sheets

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/TheChatoff/status/1060732771826450433

if only i had a gun that day

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

it tooks dozens of shootings, but they found one!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I know a cop got killed, but I’m the player character and I think I could have defeated this boss.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

buddy the armed people were the first targeted and so would you have been, because the dude was a violence loving dominance guy BEFORE we trained him to be a killer

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

pillsburysoldier posted:

The Douglas victim's retarded chud dad doesn't count thoug

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

the Odalist movement was originally supposed to be distanced from the racist elements of the european neopagan community, and even Varg took steps to distance himself from the movement after he founded or endorsed it to keep his stink from loving it up and turning it into a neonazi cosplay group but lmao of course it always comes back to neonazi cosplay

citation: i used to be really into viking and folk metal

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I know a cop got killed, but I’m the player character and I think I could have defeated this boss.

instead of axe handles they are bullets

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

pillsburysoldier posted:

the shooting was in a country music bar, so the odds were in their favor.

remember after the New Vegas shooting none other than Dan Bilzerian himself did the if only i had gun routine.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

remember after the New Vegas shooting none other than Dan Bilzerian himself did the if only i had gun routine.

New Vegas

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

iirc there were a few armed people at the Vegas shooting and they mentioned they had no idea where the shots were coming from and felt completely helpless

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Goon Danton posted:

iirc there were a few armed people at the Vegas shooting and they mentioned they had no idea where the shots were coming from and felt completely helpless

If Dan Bilzerian had a gun he would have felt better.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

If I, a civilian, had a gun I surely could have taken down this trained soldier who had seen actual combat.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Goon Danton posted:

yeah there were, and even if they had known good luck hitting the dude with your glock when he's like 130 feet up and 400 yards away

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FCKGW posted:

If I, a civilian, had a gun I surely could have taken down this trained soldier who had seen actual combat.

he was literally tweeting while doing it pre-emptively mocking people who would thoughts and prayers it

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

if only the courier had a gun

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
if ppl were allowed to buy massive amounts of fertiliser to defend themselves a hero coulda raised that vegas tower

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
the gooniest slip

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
didnt dan try to get a cop to give him a gun and got told to gently caress off

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
https://twitter.com/ryanscribe/status/1061669445305880576
While Tommy Robinson is the main thrust of the article, his fan club is the more disturbing part.

quote:

SUMNER IS THE FIRST to admit he got a little too obsessed with Donald Trump during the 2016 election. During the day, he put on a hard hat and worked as a laborer on a building site in his hometown of Sheffield. But the second he got home, the 37-year-old fired up YouTube on his laptop. It was time for his favorite activity in the world: Watching Trump talk.

“When it came to Donald Trump, that’s all I did,” he said. “It became my life.”

YouTube’s “recommended” algorithm served up constant Trump content once it recognized that was his interest, feeding his obsession.

“Every time you put YouTube on, there’s your recommended: Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump,” he said. “So that’s what I did.”

quote:

Last June, Sheffield’s new mayor announced he was banning Trump from the city during his state visit to Britain, a rebuke for the president’s position on Muslims and immigrants. An incensed Sumner purchased a Trump mask for 45 pounds on EBay, and when it arrived, stood outside Sheffield City Hall dressed as the president with a sign declaring: “Trump is welcome in Sheff.”

This, it turns out, was the beginning of his new identity. A few days later, he protested a large demonstration against Trump in the town square, videoing himself as he yelled at the hundreds of anti-Trump demonstrators: “Your message is poison!” He sent the video to as many pro-Trump Facebook groups around the world as he could, and eventually began to attract the likes and followers he had so sorely been missing. In a uniquely 21st-century scenario, a purely symbolic protest of a purely symbolic protest attracted lots of eyeballs — and outrage — online.

quote:

Meanwhile, Sumner soaked up the support and love from his fellow Robinson fans. In Sheffield, he had often been mocked and derided for wearing his Trump mask, with residents recoiling from the implied anti-immigrant message in the disguise. Some told him to get lost or even threatened to fight him. Here, the red MAGA hats and near-universal approval for the American president in the crowd defied Trump’s unpopularity in the country as a whole. Several Tommy Robinson fans said they tweet at the president, asking for help in England. Another rallygoer in a Trump hat, Simon Keene, said he was fully invested in the president’s battle with US media, watching hours of Fox News and CNN on YouTube. “Watching a lot of American media has got me to realize that the Western freedoms have been slowly chipped away,” he said, showing off his T-shirt that read BBC: British Bias Corporation.

“Trump for prime minister!” yelled Robinson fan Zoe Mumby. “Would you clone him, please? We need him.”

Trump’s rise to power has inspired nationalists worldwide, but the Internet is what has brought them together, creating a sense of consensus around ideas that have been considered beyond the bounds of acceptable debate in Britain. Through the glow of their screens, people filled with rage about immigration or Muslims or liberals in the UK find and validate each other, and Trump is often a common bond between them.

Sumner was able to tap into that online community and build up a following online, so that by the September rally for Robinson, he had a few thousand people watching his videos from outside the courthouse. Trump fans stopped him repeatedly for selfies, declaring their love for the president.

Sumner, meanwhile, feels like he’s a soldier on an international battlefield, with Trump as one of his generals.

“It’s a war. It’s a real war,” he said.

The internet was a mistake.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

McGlockenshire posted:

While Tommy Robinson is the main thrust of the article, his fan club is the more disturbing part.

The internet was a mistake.

interesting how despite screaming about globalism and hating all foreigners, nazis are super-willing to work together themselves

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

interesting how despite screaming about globalism and hating all foreigners, nazis are super-willing to work together themselves

beginning to think they have no real ethos other than the seizure and retention of power for their in-group

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/1061682068395094018

no thank you

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

freckle posted:

didnt dan try to get a cop to give him a gun and got told to gently caress off

I think so. I wasn't sure if I should have brought that up, because I was confusing it with another different guy in the Vegas shooting who kept asking a cop for his gun, and then had to be choked unconscious because he wouldn't stop reaching for it.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Reclines Obesily posted:

if ppl were allowed to buy massive amounts of fertiliser to defend themselves a hero coulda raised that vegas tower

the oklahoma citty bombing wouldn't have happened if someone had blown up timothy mcveigh beforehand :thunk:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/XL2LETTERS/status/1061525758294794240?s=19

:females: not giving me the sex i clearly deserve is misandry!

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 23:03 on Nov 11, 2018

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Latuff was pretty quick to realize he'd hosed up and made a lovely comic that would end up being used by idiots exactly like this and made a followup days later

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Dying for Anita’s video game profits!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

420 Gank Mid posted:

Latuff was pretty quick to realize he'd hosed up and made a lovely comic that would end up being used by idiots exactly like this and made a followup days later

You know, good on him for at least realizing he made a mistake and publicly apologizing.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

loomer obviously doesnt know that you can add preview images once the video is uploaded

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

Be a shame if that PD were to somehow spontaneously burst into flames. :shobon:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
missed this from the other day but i bet this is heimbach's influence: