Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bowmore posted:

my gf doesn’t really play video games but she said she was bored so I gave her my switch with stardew and she’s been playing for 6 hours now...
update: still playing stardew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

bowmore posted:

sorry, she's stardew's girlfriend now

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
she told me the guy in the game put a ring on it and I haven't yet

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

bowmore posted:

she told me the guy in the game put a ring on it and I haven't yet

They’re Stardewin’ it!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Reminder that if you buy movies digitally most distribution / stores all play with the Movies Anywhere ecosystem where you can link all your accounts and have all the movies (regardless of where you bought them) available everywhere. Some films have restrictions but in general they all play along.

YouTube is one of those services so once linked you can play movies on the Switch.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

anor londo: still a trollster's playground. every three seconds some other gimmick build sporting a giant dad warps in to whirligig up a storm. this is not a complaint: keep the dads comin, my straight sword hungers for your souls

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Reminder that if you buy movies digitally most distribution / stores all play with the Movies Anywhere ecosystem where you can link all your accounts and have all the movies (regardless of where you bought them) available everywhere. Some films have restrictions but in general they all play along.

YouTube is one of those services so once linked you can play movies on the Switch.

Can't wait to watch Deadpool on the Switch!
I didn't buy it from YouTube so I dunno how it got there.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Dehry posted:

Red, Blue, and Green (the girl trainer) appear as separate characters from the player and rival. They're still set in Kanto so the gym leaders are the same but there are some differences.

It's more specifically a remake of Pokémon Yellow, with the anime Team Rocket showing up and special mechanics for your starter.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've been collecting 6 of each pokemon on PGo so I can beat all the specialty trainers at the end game

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Blizzard were previously rather dubious to a Switch version of Overwatch, but opinions have changed lately. The question is: Has it changed enough?

Paladins at least has proved it's doable, but how Blizzard is going to fit a game the size of around 25 GB into a Nintendo Switch is another question entirely.

Isn't overwatch only 13-15 GB?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Playing Diablo 3 on my Nintendo console, and that's a statement I don't think I'd ever make.

Game is a fuuuuuuuuuuuuckload of fun. Playing as a Necromancer and just using corpses to spike enemies one after another is just the most :allears: thing.
I can play D3 in bed as well. It's great :allears:

Not sure how the 'Gift for [Person on your Friend List]' works. Assuming I can only hand those out to people who have Diablo.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Corpse Explosion is the dumbest skill (warning, loud)

https://twitter.com/YourComputerSA/status/1061611568826265600

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
I bought forgotton Anne And, although I'm just one hour In, I'm extremely into it. What a gorgeous game. I recommend everyone to go and check it out since indie games with this level of effort deserve some attention. I think it got lost on steam, but the switch is still not as saturated with games coming out, so I'm hoping they see some sales.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Your Computer posted:

Corpse Explosion is the dumbest skill (warning, loud)

https://twitter.com/YourComputerSA/status/1061611568826265600

Corpse Lance > Corpse Explosion

(Cause you can send a golem out to make a pile + skeletal mages leave behind a corpse = EXPLOSION OF SPIKES)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Blizzard were previously rather dubious to a Switch version of Overwatch, but opinions have changed lately. The question is: Has it changed enough?

Paladins at least has proved it's doable, but how Blizzard is going to fit a game the size of around 25 GB into a Nintendo Switch is another question entirely.

The game size is irrelevant. Even if overwatch was 100gb, you ship a cart with whatever chunk of the game will fit on the cart, and users download the rest. Plenty of games do it. Size is the last reason to not port overwatch.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
new Labo looks cool

https://twitter.com/25bravofox2/status/1058677459229409280

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Corpse Lance > Corpse Explosion

(Cause you can send a golem out to make a pile + skeletal mages leave behind a corpse = EXPLOSION OF SPIKES)

use Land of the Dead to get ~infinite corpses~

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

bowmore posted:

i have a friend whos been playing stardew since 2016

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm to the point I can solo Torment 1 at around Paragon 60, but the 4th level of season rewards wants me to kill some bosses in Torment 4.

Will I eventually gear up to that, or does the game expect me to group for it? I don't think it's a git gud issue, I just wasn't presenting the DPS to actually kill blues.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Huxley posted:

I'm to the point I can solo Torment 1 at around Paragon 60, but the 4th level of season rewards wants me to kill some bosses in Torment 4.

Will I eventually gear up to that, or does the game expect me to group for it? I don't think it's a git gud issue, I just wasn't presenting the DPS to actually kill blues.

Run a few rifts and the gear you'll get will give you enough power to run T4. It isn't THAT big of a jump. Of if you get a few set pieces that give a skill 1000% damage or something you'll be good too.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
In Diablo, is there a way to search for groups? I have my group set to open to public, but I can’t figure out how to join another group. People are dropping in and out of mine, how do I?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Has Katamari been officially deemed a GameStop exclusive when I wasn't looking or something? It hasn't popped up for preorder anywhere else, but I can't find any indication that its intended to be exclusive.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I doubt Namco expects Katamari to set the world on fire, but releasing it on Smash Bros day is not the best idea.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I know at least one person who's more interested in that than Smash
Maybe two

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

jivjov posted:

Has Katamari been officially deemed a GameStop exclusive when I wasn't looking or something? It hasn't popped up for preorder anywhere else, but I can't find any indication that its intended to be exclusive.

I don't think so. GameStop typically includes their exclusivity stuff in the title of the product on their website, like this one here but Katamari doesn't seem to have that.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Maybe two

I exist but dont have disassociate personality disorder so not sure who the second person is.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Maybe two

count me in

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Infinitum posted:

Playing Diablo 3 on my Nintendo console, and that's a statement I don't think I'd ever make.

Game is a fuuuuuuuuuuuuckload of fun. Playing as a Necromancer and just using corpses to spike enemies one after another is just the most :allears: thing.
I can play D3 in bed as well. It's great :allears:

Not sure how the 'Gift for [Person on your Friend List]' works. Assuming I can only hand those out to people who have Diablo.

Thanks for the gift, a sent you one as well. Shortly after that I had a gift for another friend. Christmas is here early!

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
I just want to know if the western version of Reroll will continue hiding that the King of All Cosmos got drunk and destroyed the heavens in the Japanese version.

Is portraying the King as sober supposed to make his behaviour less disturbing??? :psyduck:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

jivjov posted:

I thought it was going to be a digital only game so I’m glad to at least hear that.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Just a heads up to those getting D3 on Switch, there is also a D3-console thread in the Blizzard subforum: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797718&pagenumber=18&perpage=40#post489748302 and i'm shamelessly linking to my most recent post, which has a collection of friend codes from the previous pages in that same thread if you're looking for some goon rifts or friends to murder demons with.

Bob A Feet posted:

I just quick match campaign on the hardest difficulty and I usually find someone. Is there a goon add thread here? I'd love to play some diablo with goons. Necromancer with the corpse lance is hilarious.

also, are my skeleton friends supposed to die? I feel like they should but they don't. not complaining but they are hilariously OP

Yes! See my above post & in the d3 console thread, got quite a few of us listed there recently. The skeletons apparently never take damage in my experience, unless you use the explosion rune. Mages are basically ignored and allowed to be orbital bombers by the enemy, and golems are just.. useful for their rune ability it seems so far...? +8 corpses and +1 every second (thanks legendary gloves I found) is such a good corpse lance combo.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 11, 2018

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Fun Times! posted:

In Diablo, is there a way to search for groups? I have my group set to open to public, but I can’t figure out how to join another group. People are dropping in and out of mine, how do I?

I just quick match campaign on the hardest difficulty and I usually find someone. Is there a goon add thread here? I'd love to play some diablo with goons. Necromancer with the corpse lance is hilarious.

also, are my skeleton friends supposed to die? I feel like they should but they don't. not complaining but they are hilariously OP

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Personally I'm not that into Smash as some of the other people. I got Smash for Wii U, and... well, it's not for me. Granted, Smash Bros is uniquely grandiose in terms of video game geekdom, but I wasn't a hardcore Nintendo kid back in the day, so the roster leaves me kinda cold.

Katamari Damacy on the other hand is cool. :whatup:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Katamari is one of my favorite horror series. Watching people run in terror trying to escape the twisted alien beings who want to repurpose life into the fuel for new stars never gets old.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

This product looks like it would solve basically every ergonomic and charging complaint I have about the joy cons, anybody have any experience with it?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Charging-Grip-with-Trigger-Detachable-function-for-Nintendo-Switch-Joy-con/173619310920

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Looks like being 5'3 is finally paying off. I've never had any issue using the joy-cons and find their setups quite comfortable.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

Sakurazuka posted:

Maybe two

Me and my best friend. I want smash but was never crazy about it. And we both consider the katamaris to be one of our favorite game series so, yeah.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWd3JA6cpY0

I have this on loop. Gonna be looping it for awhile I reckon. :smith:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
There are charging complaints about the joycons??!?!!?!

Literally the only time i have ever seen the "battery running low" notification pop up was when i was playing BOTW from morning til evening for like 12 hours straight. Even then, the battery was only at like a little under half or maybe 1/3rd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

bowmore posted:

you done hosed up, now you have to buy a second Switch