Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

alphabettitouretti posted:

Cheese.

The Welsh make the best cheddar.

nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

disagree

nothing beats a rarebit with a wee bit of Guinness

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Dragons and dragon accessories.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Cheese.

The Welsh make the best cheddar.

lmao this is incorrect as hell

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

It's not though. Snowdonia Little Black Bomber is the best cheddar and you're wrong if you think otherwise

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Cheddar is the Michael McIntyre of cheeses :colbert:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

i will fight you irl about cheese

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Surely May is aware of that by now, given the number of times the EU has publicly laughed in her face. It's just the rest of the Tories who are completely disconnected from reality.

i have unfortunate news

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

brexit makes more sense when you realise it’s been hijacked by the financier class, and they’re now playing for time so the U.K. is forced to crash out and they can buy everything up like after the Soviet Union collapsed

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I love your political class because they've pissed off the French and then immediately given the French an opportunity to kick them right in the rear end. And I feel like 1000 years of shared history should've clued them in on what happens next.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Snowdonia is an alright board game

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
hell yeah another food shortage warning

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/nov/10/hospital-food-at-risk-no-deal-brexit

quote:

Hospitals could run out of much of the imported food that goes into millions of patient meals in the event of a no-deal Brexit, the Department of Health and Social Care has admitted in a letter to all NHS trusts in England.

The department said it was urgently planning to cope with potential “short supply of certain ingredients imported from the EU”, which involves advising suppliers how to use “substitute foodstuffs to maintain nutritional balance” of meals.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Remember "the sun never sets on the British Empire" lmao

nice country good job

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
- Don't need medicine if your patients starve to death.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

A Buttery Pastry posted:

- Don't need medicine if your patients starve to death.

austerity wasn't killing people quickly enough, so the Tories moved it up a notch

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

There will be adequate substitute foodstuffs.

I would blow Dane Cook has issued a correction as of 00:47 on Nov 11, 2018

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

everyone living on vitamin food pellets is gonna arrive a lot sooner and for different reasons than any scifi future

assuming that england can still find enough drinkable water for its populace to wash them down with :gettin:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

There will be adequate substitute foodstuffs.

please don't bad mouth root vegetables or cabbage

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Bulgakov posted:

please don't bad mouth root vegetables or cabbage

...you’re unsure what those are?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Pissflaps posted:

...you’re unsure what those are?

i know where the implications lead

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Saith posted:

Owain Glyndwr. One of our three national heroes. Set up the first Welsh parliament in Machynlledd, killed a bunch of Anglos for cool and good reasons. Actually existed, which ranks him just above King Arthur. And namesake for Meibion Glyndwr 'Sons of Glyndwr' who are the group responsible for burning a handful of empty, anglo-owned summer homes.

So a pretty decent legacy all around. I wouldn't do anything for him though. Not unless he paid me to, I guess.

Well Ws and Ys are vowels. DD, LL, CH, RH, NG & FF are singular consonants and there's no J, Q, X or Z so actually I think we the same number of consonants as your filthy pig language. :eng101:

lmao welsh nationalists are adorable

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Bors jonson on lthe back of a flatbed reading out the addresses of suspected polish sausage hoarders

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Whorelord posted:

Do go on.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Whorelord posted:

Pull up pull up pull up

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Except in this scenario we're telling them we want a lower price and we've burnt down our current home so we have nowhere to live if the sale falls through.

Should have rethought all that unfriendly architecture or whatever the little spikes on spots where homeless people would like to sleep is called.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I deeply appreciate that your olds are somehow worse than American olds.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Moridin920 posted:

Real talk, and this isn't just a British problem mind you, why are the people in charge of us so loving dumb? Like I would have no problem being a plebe grinding out some job to pay rent if the rulers were actual smart genius types but my god I swear I could probably run most government departments with more competence.

Power selects for sociopathy not intellect.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Whorelord posted:

They are and they are right.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!

Whorelord posted:

It's just information, dude. Nothing to get worked up about. No shame in being uninformed either, if you didn't know well now you do!

Being all condescending when confronted with knowledge about a culture you deliberately remain ignorant of is just pig(heh)-headed and bigoted though.

Also I forgot Ks. We don't do Ks either. So we actually have fewer consonants than Englisch!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
drat I'm excited to make fun of British bread lines

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
live footage from this communist hellhole, oh wait we mean London

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
survation followed me on twitter after i posted that. who works there own up

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Relevant Tangent posted:

america is a star newcomer to the destroying the world game, britain has been doing this poo poo since before america was even invented by joe q. racism

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
america is just the open-source fork of britain

it got more popular and now they're backporting features

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Relevant Tangent posted:

Took us longer to ban leaded petrol so we have more brain problems that way too

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

How many states would the UK like to become? Will they split the GOP vote by insisting on their traditional Tory party?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mandoric posted:

america is just the open-source fork of britain

it got more popular and now they're backporting features

it's the minecraft mod of countries, which is perhaps the most insulting thing i've ever said

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Saith posted:

It's just information, dude. Nothing to get worked up about. No shame in being uninformed either, if you didn't know well now you do!

Being all condescending when confronted with knowledge about a culture you deliberately remain ignorant of is just pig(heh)-headed and bigoted though.

Also I forgot Ks. We don't do Ks either. So we actually have fewer consonants than Englisch!

i barely care about suffolk why would i give a poo poo about wales

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
On the plus side, soon Britain will no longer have to import as much wine because it will be possible to grow it there, something that hasn't been possible since the early medieval warm period, when England exported more wine to France than the other way around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
The bad news is the potential vineyards will all be used for subsistence farming

But then again the kinds of crops that will be able to grow will be different too