Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grubby Hobo
Feb 13, 2018

There's something else about bears not many people know. If a bear gets hooked on the taste of crowdfunding, it becomes a man-killer. He'll go on a rampage and has to be destroyed. And that's why you should never hug a bear.

BluesShaman posted:

Store Citizer: Imagine your being a backer since 2013 and not once got to enjoy the game

I find that very easy to imagine.

If any random citizen will grief any luxury concierge chariot on sight, what are goons for?

e: tax

Grubby Hobo fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Nov 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

trucutru posted:

Yes you can! You only need to run around 200 missions without crashing to gather enough AUEC to buy a cheap one.

200 is a vast under-estimate. Closer to 1500

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Gather round boys and girls, this is how you do NPC AI

This is a pic of 25 npc's standing on the railway track at lorville. All of them prepared to do their civic duty by either clipping through the train or being ground into civil meat beneath it.

Why are some of them wearing plastic bags on their heads? What the gently caress?

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

monkeytek posted:

Now that is a haunting scene, excellent! The alien was surreal, the atmosphere was creepy...

Behold the Speghetti men from Macaroni V

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

AlmightyPants posted:

Why are some of them wearing plastic bags on their heads? What the gently caress?

Just in case the train doesn't kill them

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sarsapariller posted:

200 is a vast under-estimate. Closer to 1500

Ah, you must be a poor without a mining vessel. pffft. Know what? I'll be nice, let you crew mine and -maybe- let you pilot it someday.

AlmightyPants posted:

Actual helmets are expensive, ok?

trucutru fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Nov 11, 2018

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

AlmightyPants posted:

The Autoerotic Asphyxiation community have really taken FOIP it seems.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Grubby Hobo posted:

If any random citizen will grief any luxury concierge chariot on sight, what are goons for?

e: tax

We grief the griefers

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Mr Fronts posted:

"CIG's development tool pipelines are still being built, things will speed up a lot from now on". November 2018, ladies and gentlemen.

Has someone compiled all these since 2013? That could be fun.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Click for video

Citizens very excited about being able to see the train passing in the bar

So excited

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

AlmightyPants posted:

Glue sniffing in the 25th century?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Daztek posted:

Click for video

So excited

But can you hide it?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

AlmightyPants posted:

that's a new spacesuit you can buy :allears:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I see the bartender is doing the dance that all the kids are doing, the t-floss.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Drunk Theory posted:

You know, that is the most succinct way of describing this game I've seen. I'll be using it in the future.

Thanks! Fitting catte pic!
There are almost no game mechanics. Citizens seem mostly concerned with putting things on top of other things.
The comparison breaks where in a real doll house, the dolls and furniture don't clip throught the walls.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Why does the thread always slow down on Saturdays and Sundays? Don't tell me you haters have lives outside of following the daily happenings of Chris & Co.

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

Tokamak posted:

But CIG's data says that you are getting sub 30 fps.

Yeah, he's a liar. He's a loving liar. No. No way. Never below 40fps? Get the gently caress out. My rig is higher than that and anytime I go near Levski I'm sub 25. I'm fine saying OCS increased overall FPS - but this is straight loving lie-town.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

IMO digital train set is a slightly better analogy than digital doll house. When children play with dolls and doll houses, they play different social scenarios. Train sets are about faithfully replicating mechanical devices and watching them do stuff. SC and its users have absolutely no understanding about anything social and care only that all the buttons glow in the right colors.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

Lord Stimperor posted:

IMO digital train set is a slightly better analogy than digital doll house. When children play with dolls and doll houses, they play different social scenarios. Train sets are about faithfully replicating mechanical devices and watching them do stuff. SC and its users have absolutely no understanding about anything social and care only that all the buttons glow in the right colors.

This is why My Summer Car is the best game for children.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Cats got mechas before Star Citizen was finished. Felines>Chris Roberts.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Just look at that Multicrew action!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

FailureToReport posted:

Yeah, he's a liar. He's a loving liar. No. No way. Never below 40fps? Get the gently caress out. My rig is higher than that and anytime I go near Levski I'm sub 25. I'm fine saying OCS increased overall FPS - but this is straight loving lie-town.

Of course it is, he’s an advertising channel.

Adverts do not have to be truthful, which means that they’re all lies. Very literally. Every premise and scenario is a fiction. Twitter is just an extension of the whole sock-puppet phenomena, because although they claim you have to be a real person, they’re not policing that. They don’t have to, and it actually cuts into the very small revenue model that they have.

Everything CiG does at the moment is get people to part with more cash upfront.

I’m actually beginning to suspect that there could be an avenue for a civil suit based on the concept of the most transparency ever by simply requesting the data that drives the telemetry and revenue graph.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Grubby Hobo posted:

Fear. We’re the force forever out of sight, but always hiding, watching and ready to strike.

You should hoover under that desk.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

AlmightyPants posted:

The budget spacesuit comes with a bag helmet. All the helmets have been designed for maximum gurn exposure because FOIP has always been a stretch goal and they’re not doing repasses of old poo poo to make it work with new ideas, because that would be insane.

Pipelines are in place, so this stuff will sluice quicker and quicker.

Edit: for example, the pipelines kept development to a tight schedule, even though the change to 64bit took 18 months, OCS was out there for a year and they still have something to do about the network dropping streams.

Hav fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 11, 2018

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Lord Stimperor posted:

Yeah, digital train set works well too.

Beexoffel fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Nov 11, 2018

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Rugganovich posted:

Glue sniffing in the 25th century?

30th century. 2948.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I wish this game was out so I wouldn't be playing warframe so much. having fun bullet jumping everywhere

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Check out the high fidelity AI from the closed testing branch (3.3.5 with Hurston):

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6wz449

Why is everything about SC so dumb? :psypop:

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Daztek posted:

Click for video

So excited

While perhaps nice, you think they'd be wanting to be more excited about something to do with space in a space game.

However, at this point i'm pretty convinced for many of the faithful, space is only a distraction, and what they want most is more stuff that will enable them to live mundane lives in a mundane game.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

trucutru posted:

Yes you can! You only need to run around 200 missions without crashing to gather enough AUEC to buy a cheap one.

Holy macaroni!

Just imaging the crying when the proles start to play this game (usual caveats apply). If you have ever seen the ED forums you will have seen posts complaining about how long it takes to get a top tier ship, never mind a small one. People crying that millions per hour is too little. Tens of millions per hour is meh. They want hundreds of millions per hour.

Can't wait to see those people posting on the SC forums.

Agony Aunt fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 11, 2018

Peter.Quint
Mar 16, 2018

Agony Aunt posted:

Holy macaroni!

Just imaging the crying when the proles start to play this game (usual caveats apply). If you have ever seen the ED forums you will have seen posts complaining about how long it takes to get a top tier ship, never mind a small one. People crying that millions per hour is too little. Tens of millions per hour is meh. They want hundreds of millions per hour.

Can't wait to see those people posting on the SC forums.

They will just need to be more positive.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Oh so when the cracks can no longer be ignored the bargaining phase is going to be for a quickly releasable expansion to save the sinking ship. Hadn't thought of that one.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
You see, all they need is getting the ultra complex feature of “carrying a box” ready and working. After that, these additional gameplay loops are straightforward, they just flip the switch.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Hav posted:

The budget spacesuit comes with a bag helmet. All the helmets have been designed for maximum gurn exposure because FOIP has always been a stretch goal and they’re not doing repasses of old poo poo to make it work with new ideas, because that would be insane.

You mean it's on purpose? It's not some kind of bug? :psyduck:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Welcome to the 'verse, citizen. You only have to grind for 80 hours if you want to stop wearing this garbage bag

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Hav posted:

Of course it is, he’s an advertising channel.

Adverts do not have to be truthful, which means that they’re all lies. Very literally. Every premise and scenario is a fiction. Twitter is just an extension of the whole sock-puppet phenomena, because although they claim you have to be a real person, they’re not policing that. They don’t have to, and it actually cuts into the very small revenue model that they have.

Everything CiG does at the moment is get people to part with more cash upfront.

I’m actually beginning to suspect that there could be an avenue for a civil suit based on the concept of the most transparency ever by simply requesting the data that drives the telemetry and revenue graph.

Are you suggesting the company that we know published fake articles on fake websites like pixellemonade, would knowingly run bots on twitter?

Lethality's totally not a bot though, he's a tremendously sad game-chaser. He is a cargo-culter who thinks that if he acts like the bots, the game devs will shower him with access.

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 11, 2018

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Lladre posted:

I wish this game was out so I wouldn't be playing warframe so much. having fun bullet jumping everywhere

Finally gave Warframe a try last night. Cool game and now I get all the Tenno references!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

a mysterious cloak posted:

Finally gave Warframe a try last night. Cool game and now I get all the Tenno references!

Keep playing, it gets substantially more interesting about 80 hours into the star map (not kidding)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9w4prm/did_cig_forgot_that_grim_hex_has_a_race_track/

:thunk: