Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Wars are just glorified video games now anyway. The real reason soldiers aren't lining up to march into war by the millions is because that job doesn't really exist anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Picnic Princess posted:

Wars are just glorified video games now anyway. The real reason soldiers aren't lining up to march into war by the millions is because that job doesn't really exist anymore.

I don't know, I don't think you get sent back in a body bag from a video game in which one of your allies decided to betray you.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

T-man posted:

It is my solemn political goal to get mpreg dickbabies on public television by 2024, and vore scat play on every street corner. Vote Tumblr-man* 2020.

*not actually a man
If you don't take away my groups voting rights (Cis-White man) you won't get my vote. :colbert:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

jivjov posted:

People missed the fact that the male in question was not human. In that guy's species, men give birth to baby boys, women give birth to baby girls.

Did Doctor Who do a crossover with Oglaf and visit Kronar's tribe?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Sunswipe posted:

Did Doctor Who do a crossover with Oglaf and visit Kronar's tribe?

Kronar had a baby girl and she was an awesome son.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I don't know, I don't think you get sent back in a body bag from a video game in which one of your allies decided to betray you.

swatting is a thing tho

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The world is very clever. They come up with schemes and devises that go against God and to keep you from being the best version you possible. All while convincing people that it is innocent.

Wicked ways and devises:

Condoms
Dildos
In Vitro
Glasses
Sun shades
Umbrellas
Mens hats
Womens shorts and pants
Dreadlocks
Makeup
Wigs
Fake nails
Nail polish
Braids
Crutches
Wheelchairs
Park and beach closing times
Dresses for men called "robes"
Butt implants or shots
Breast implants....

Just to name a few.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

saw this one making the rounds

invoking the troops' sacrifice to have a weird rant about snowflakes. super respectful

Every time I see one of these I wonder if they know who’s been fighting in the Middle East for the past 17 years

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The world is very clever. They come up with schemes and devises that go against God and to keep you from being the best version you possible. All while convincing people that it is innocent.

Wicked ways and devises:

Condoms
Dildos
In Vitro
Glasses
Sun shades
Umbrellas
Mens hats
Womens shorts and pants
Dreadlocks
Makeup
Wigs
Fake nails
Nail polish
Braids
Crutches
Wheelchairs
Park and beach closing times
Dresses for men called "robes"
Butt implants or shots
Breast implants....

Just to name a few.

Minus "In Vitro" this mostly sounds like an awesome inclusive party with a lot of kinks getting fulfilled. Don't ask about the umbrellas.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
https://twitter.com/MarkSparko14/status/1061636967442640899

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://twitter.com/amandatnt03/status/1061649047520530433

(There's more in the thread.)

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

T-man posted:

Minus "In Vitro" this mostly sounds like an awesome inclusive party with a lot of kinks getting fulfilled. Don't ask about the umbrellas.

Even perverts don't like getting rained on unexpectedly.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

Every time I see one of these I wonder if they know who’s been fighting in the Middle East for the past 17 years

Millennials are killing the peace industry. They don’t know when to stop fighting.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

TEEN PREGNANCY IS CORRECT.

OK Everyone... time for a Friday Night CONTROVERSY!

Here is my controversial theory, that is mine and mine alone, for you to be all... "WTF are you talking about, Ginger!? Have you gone mad?" But then you will think about it for a minute and be all... "actually that kinda makes sense."

TEENAGERS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PARENTS.

It is their evolutionarily primed duty.

You can tell that teenagers should have babies, because like all mammals that reach sexual maturity, they CAN have babies.

And then, like all other mammals, THEY SUPER WANT to do the things that make the babies.

Teenage boys are way horney because they have started the part of their biological life where they are supposed to make babies. And accordingly, girls are super boy crazy because they have reached the point in their biological life where they are picking out baby daddies with whom to make the babies and raise the babies.

Their ancestors call down through their DNA, across time and distance to say to them, "WHY AREN'T YOU GIVING US 13,000TH GREAT GRANDBABIES!"

But we do these poor Romeos and Juliets quite a disservice. When they reach the age of sexual maturity, 15ish, rather than accepting and preparing them that the following year they can start making babies, we tell them to wait ANOTHER 15 years to make babies.

WE HAVE TOTALLY SET THEM UP FOR FAILURE!

We don't do that to cats or bunnies or horses or honey badgers... we only do it to humans. But that is not the way that the nature programmed the humans.

And now our society not only does NOT celebrate teenagers having babies, it SHAMES them.

"You have failed, young human!" The teenager is told. "You are now relegated to the margins of society, you must leave it's institutions and apologize to your family and you may not celebrate the thing that is happening that fulfills your biological prime directive!

"No happy baby shower for you!"

In all seriousness... when you start thinking about how far we have actually strayed from our normal evolutionary history, even to the point where we don't honor a kabillion years of procreative history, it is easy to start to see why our bodies don't function like they are supposed to.

Ever think... "Gosh... why is my teenager so depressed and lonely? I wish he could find some people and some things for him to invest himself in."

Could it be because his body and hormones and brain and soul is supposed to be in a stage of life that we have told him is at least 10 years away for him? That he is physically primed to be investing himself in the honeymoon phase of his love life, or the nest building phase of her life, and getting ready to cuddle little ones until the cows come home?

Only in the last century or so did a village not celebrate a couple of 18 year olds starting their family together, as a normal and joyus part of the human experience.

"But Ginger, are you advocating for teen pregnancy???"

Yeah... kinda... but more so I am advocating for us to return to the wisdom of our own biology, and shift in our culture BACK to be best parts of our tribal village evolutionary history and rituals and values... family and foundations and interdependency and generational families and religious support networks and love.

Cause we have thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

We have gone so far afield that what used to make mothers' hearts soar, being told by her 17 year old daughter that she is going to be a grandmother, is now crushing to the American mother. She is no longer a new, honored grandmother; she is a dishonored mother with a daughter in shame.

Something there is not right.

Discuss.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

We;ve been fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan long enough that some kid is going to die after being sent to the same base their mom or dad was stationed at when they died.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

T-man posted:

I personally cannot cum without being in a park or beach past closing time

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Skwirl posted:

We;ve been fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan long enough that some kid is going to die after being sent to the same base their mom or dad was stationed at when they died.

The Forever War is real

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

saw this one making the rounds

invoking the troops' sacrifice to have a weird rant about snowflakes. super respectful

"Queen and country"? Mr. Wood needs to look up his history again, the British monarch was a king during both of the world wars.

As an aside, my grandfather had a nervous breakdown during the second world war, and was sent home as an invalid (according to my mother). I think about that whenever people use WWII soldiers as an example of Real Men who didn't get offended by things, not like Young People Today.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jollity Farm posted:

"Queen and country"? Mr. Wood needs to look up his history again, the British monarch was a king during both of the world wars.

As an aside, my grandfather had a nervous breakdown during the second world war, and was sent home as an invalid (according to my mother). I think about that whenever people use WWII soldiers as an example of Real Men who didn't get offended by things, not like Young People Today.

Again, the few fah was about World War ONE

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
omg

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1061499862338940928

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Vaguely thread relevant I think.

https://twitter.com/GHOSTofMEATBALL/status/755030537757159425

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Skwirl posted:

Again, the few fah was about World War ONE

The photo in that post is of World War Two soldiers. You can tell by the lady's outfit. Now, maybe the guy's an idiot and meant to be talking about World War One instead, but I couldn't possibly speculate.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Jollity Farm posted:

I believe WW1 was largely responsible for the identification of 'Shell Shock' and PTSD as conditions.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

This part where the chud accuses the bot of being an NPC is prime content:

https://twitter.com/amandatnt03/status/1061700739620331521

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Jollity Farm posted:

My grandpa would never speak about what he saw in the Mediterranean. :smith:

Although he did once tell me about how his mineseeper hit a coral reef during a storm while they were all on shoreleave. No lives were lost, but he stripped down to his skivvies and swam belowdecks to save the beer!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Ann Coulter just had to go and flap her mouth in the NRA/doctors "controversy" (it's not a controversy, it's the NRA being murderous assholes).

https://twitter.com/Rick_Pescatore/status/1061390460474798081

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

The photo in that post is of World War Two soldiers. You can tell by the lady's outfit. Now, maybe the guy's an idiot and meant to be talking about World War One instead, but I couldn't possibly speculate.

This is what I was going to say, but you said it instead :)

There are a lot of people who regularly get the two world wars confused, though (I've recently seen people talking about the Wonder Woman film and referring to the German soldiers as "Nazis"). There are probably a variety of reasons for that.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

grittyreboot posted:

My grandpa would never speak about what he saw in the Mediterranean. :smith:

Although he did once tell me about how his mineseeper hit a coral reef during a storm while they were all on shoreleave. No lives were lost, but he stripped down to his skivvies and swam belowdecks to save the beer!

What if it wasn't a chicken at all.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/EdKrassen/status/1061629620733333504

These guys' fuckin' brains man

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I know former US presidents get Secret Service bodyguards for the rest of their life, but does that include if they're convicted of something and imprisoned?

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Within the next year or so troops who weren’t even born yet on 9/11 will start arriving in Afghanistan.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

letthereberock posted:

Within the next year or so troops who weren’t even born yet on 9/11 will start arriving in Afghanistan.

We have always been at war with Eurasia.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Already deleted. Got a screenshot?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

jivjov posted:

Already deleted. Got a screenshot?

Wow a Krassenstein walked some insane poo poo back? That's a first. (or it got reported because it could be construed as threatening to assault the president)

Ed Krassenstein said if Trump doesn't like rain, he'll really hate cold prison showers surrounded by 12 angry democrat prisoners.

Politically motivated prison rape for the resistance win!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Sunswipe posted:

I know former US presidents get Secret Service bodyguards for the rest of their life, but does that include if they're convicted of something and imprisoned?

I don't think anybody knows for sure as we just kind of assumed it would never happen. It hasn't yet though we got close with Nixon.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Also if Trump somehow went to prison it wouldn't be one with group showers full of rapists

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Also if Trump somehow went to prison it wouldn't be one with group showers full of rapists

He doesn't need it to be a group shower for it to be full of a rapist.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
what are the odds of trump ever going to prison now? I mean they were already pretty goddamn low.

doesn't the senate need to vote to indict him? the senate controlled by republicans who will under no conceivable circumstance vote against him? and republican voters have so deeply insulated themselves from reality that they'll never turn against him either. even if he somehow gets indicted pence will just become president and pardon him. and even if that somehow doesn't happen, billionaires don't go to jail, ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Tetracube posted:

what are the odds of trump ever going to prison now? I mean they were already pretty goddamn low.

doesn't the senate need to vote to indict him? the senate controlled by republicans who will under no conceivable circumstance vote against him? and republican voters have so deeply insulated themselves from reality that they'll never turn against him either. even if he somehow gets indicted pence will just become president and pardon him. and even if that somehow doesn't happen, billionaires don't go to jail, ever.

the president of the united states was never going to go to prison ever. maybe he'll vacate office in 2024 but who knows