Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

DJ Dizzy posted:

Well, I was planning on throwing them in drop pods.

Maybe it’s just sitting and watching the starting movie for DoW 1 once too many times but “dreadnaught crashes out of drop pod, guns roaring” is seriously about as iconic an image for 40k as I can think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Sir, that isn't the max number allowed. Please maximize your box dreads.

It's what? 3 to a talon? That means 12 in your primary detachment, and 3 in your allied detachment.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
2019- dreadnaught meta

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

“Can you believe how stupid this guy is for not including three box Dreads in his list? What a loving IDIOT :cawg:” - this thread in 6 months

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
I’m up to six; I need three more.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Same but replace box dreads with a good dreadnought, the leviathan.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

BULBASAUR posted:

2019- dreadnaught meta

:getin:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Fury of the ancients or gtfo

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I'm considering a ZM style army, Box Dreads and infantry. So that'll be a Talon of the things plus 30 Mk IIIs.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I could toxx a talon of boxdreads, I guess. What are good loadouts? I have a couple of Black Reach ones which are... Multi-Melta/CCW, I think.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The best part is how you can run boxdreads as Reavers in AT

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I could toxx a talon of boxdreads, I guess. What are good loadouts? I have a couple of Black Reach ones which are... Multi-Melta/CCW, I think.

Up to you. I'm a firm believer in heavy flamers +CCW with an anti armour/multishot. In 8th twin autocannons are good as are twin lascannons. However in 8th stormbolters get significantly better.
There'll be plenty of dread gun arms available on the ebay.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Thundercloud posted:

Up to you. I'm a firm believer in heavy flamers +CCW with an anti armour/multishot. In 8th twin autocannons are good as are twin lascannons. However in 8th stormbolters get significantly better.

I'm not gonna play 8th, but I was going to do at least one with autocannons because they look cool

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

I'm not gonna play 8th

:hfive:

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

7.5 ed rules tie you to charging what you shoot, and I think dreads got a big boost in 8th.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Thundercloud posted:

drat dude thanks for the 8th edition advice in the 30k thread. Valuable content

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Thundercloud posted:

7.5 ed rules tie you to charging what you shoot, and I think dreads got a big boost in 8th.

O lol even more. Nice dude

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

What’s it like to play a game that hasn’t been discontinued for toilet gators?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

panascope posted:

Speaking of, didn't they previously at least pretend that massive gap-filling wasn't needed out-of-box?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

panascope posted:

Apparently it gives brain worms

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Is there a legal way to field a Macharius for Militia/Solars Aux or is it going to be Mechanicus-only under the "Using Imperial Units from other Forge World Books in Horus Heresy Games" rule?

If not, I guess I'm assuming it's left out because of the name which seems like a weird oversight (as discussed below, it's an M41 rename of a very old tank which is literally described as having been in the GC)? And an literal babby Stormlord would be really useful in the meta?

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Schadenboner posted:

Speaking of, didn't they previously at least pretend that massive gap-filling wasn't needed out-of-box?

That's how they look normally. Should've bought the special limited edition Xenology 2, chump.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DJ Dizzy posted:

Casual 30k events are the greatest. Typically, they dont give out awards for best player. Just most boxdreads.
Winning Best Theme at NOVA just for daring to take box dreads is one of my proudest moments as a ham. It was in a dumb centurion event, but whatever, I'll loving take it.

panascope posted:

“Can you believe how stupid this guy is for not including three box Dreads in his list? What a loving IDIOT :cawg:” - this thread in 6 months
When this happens, I will know my task is complete.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
2019 Toxx RoW: Wrath of Brobots aka 'The Boxening'

quote:

Your compulsory HQ must be a dreadnought. Pick one upgreydd:
  • A vet tactic
  • Tank hunter
  • Super heavy command tank
  • Legion standard
  • Ciber familiar
Must be converted and modeled. If it dies you loose a VP, suckah. Box dreads become troops, contemptors become non compulsory troops. You loose a VP for each full unit destroyed.

no allied legions, must use dreads as compulsory troops, must have more dreads than other unit types, no centurion, final destination

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

no allied legions, must use dreads as compulsory troops, must have more dreads than other unit types, no centurion, final destination

Wheres skullapalooza 2 you poo poo

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

ijyt posted:

:yeah:

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

No

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Are porphyrons box dreads???

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Plas/las and a claw is solid. Multi-melta kind of needs a deep strike or outflank to work but could be good if you have a way to deal with the short range.

For mortis boxdreads autocannons or lascannons. I love my autocannon guy, he’s good anti air, shreds up rhinos and the like, and you don’t feel awful taking shots at infantry with him.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Ghazk posted:

Are porphyrons box dreads???

This is a question that interests me.

Edit: also do they have standard Aquila or Palatine Aquila?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

General Olloth posted:

This is a question that interests me.

Edit: also do they have standard Aquila or Palatine Aquila?

Look into ur heart and you’ll discover u already know the answers u seek.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Look into ur heart and you’ll discover u already know the answers u seek.

It's a yes then

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

General Olloth posted:

This is a question that interests me.Do they have standard Aquila or Palatine Aquila?

Eye of Horus comes standard.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

ijyt posted:

Skullapalooza 2: poo poo, deep in my rear end

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Skullapalooza 2 is just gonna be BULBASAUR fedex’ing everyone who signs up 10 crows and a painting guide.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
15 crows and a ZM tile

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

On a scale of 1-10 how many casting issues will the ZM tile have

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
16.6% of my tiles were bad, which is somehow lower than the 30% price increase

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Corrode posted:

On a scale of 1-10 how many casting issues will the ZM tile have

None - ZM tiles are known to be issue free. Any perceived defects are actually well within the manufacturing tolerances set by Forgeworld, including, but not limited to; gaping holes, pieces of mold attached to your objects of jewel-like wonder, haphazardly applied Green Stuff, stowaways attempting escape the impending post-Brexit apocalypse, nutty-butty residue, brown sauce spills, etc. etc. If you have a concern, please go gently caress yourself at your earliest convenience.

Thanks for choosing Forgeworld,

Nigel Douchenozzel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Broken Record Talk posted:

None - ZM tiles are known to be issue free. Any perceived defects are actually well within the manufacturing tolerances set by Forgeworld, including, but not limited to; gaping holes, pieces of mold attached to your objects of jewel-like wonder, haphazardly applied Green Stuff, stowaways attempting escape the impending post-Brexit apocalypse, nutty-butty residue, brown sauce spills, etc. etc. If you have a concern, please go gently caress yourself at your earliest convenience.

Thanks for choosing Forgeworld,

Nigel Douchenozzel

Can I just make liquid green stuff by watering down normal bisto?