Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

skeletors_condom posted:

Check out the high fidelity AI from the closed testing branch (3.3.5 with Hurston):

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6wz449

Why is everything about SC so dumb? :psypop:

What are they even shooting at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

That... but... that...

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Virtual Captain posted:

Why does the thread always slow down on Saturdays and Sundays? Don't tell me you haters have lives outside of following the daily happenings of Chris & Co.

More like we are not at work... shitposting

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

AlbieQuirky posted:

30th century. 2948.

Bugger, I had it as 2498 in my brain.
Well then, if it's the 30th century, then obviously it's for Argon sniffing.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Wow. The irony is biting. And delicious.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Foo Diddley posted:

You mean it's on purpose? It's not some kind of bug? :psyduck:

No, that would be the bug helmet.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Lladre posted:

The Argon.
It was rushing that guy and they had to shoot it off. They had no choice.
StimLivesMatter

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Lladre posted:

I think there was one guy who must have had a crime rating or something, you can see them hitting him near the end but he is just running around ignoring it.

Fidelity!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

So I joined a random dude today on his hammerhead and actually did a mission vs NPC's while crewing one of his turrets. It was just him and me on the supership, but that didn't matter.

Observations:

* You cannot share missions, and mission state is not the same between players. So he could accept the merc mission but I couldn't see or accept it. Makes it even harder to crew ships, since nobody's getting anything out of it.

* Apparently rather than fix this or, you know, add AI gunners like the enemy NPC's have, CIG has instituted "Combat Beacons" which is where you pay other players out of your own pocket to crew your chariot for you. Given that the mission payouts cap at 1k, this pay is incredibly low and basically pointless. You'd spend hours to earn a pair of shoes.

* The amount of stuff that will attack you in one of these missions seems to be capped at 4 or so fighters, which means the big ships are even more ludicrously OP. 3 or 4 fighters is a major threat to my Gladius, and I had to do this mission about five times when I was trying it in the PTU.

* But the Hammerhead is so goddamn stupidly powerful that I, in my one turret, could easily obliterate NPC pirate fighters in a single shot. It has 6 of these turrets. Its shields are so OP that when a couple of the pirates got jammed up on the wrong side of the hull from me, the captain got out of his seat, walked the length of the 500 meter ship, got in the bottom turret, turned it on, and blew them up. They were shooting us the whole time and the shields never dipped below 80%.

* Combat seemed kind of desynced, the captain sat in his turret for a minute trying to shoot one guy and said his shields weren't dropping, while all of mine died instantly. Great job there CIG, knocking it out of the park.

* On the way out of Port O someone rammed us. After the mission, the captain went to the R&R station to repair. Reportedly repair costs from one collision were substantially more than the mission payout, meaning even with a perfect run you can lose money.

* The chat window is wildly inconsistent. Sometimes it is in your HUD now, sometimes it isn't, and if it isn't you cannot get it to appear there no matter what you do. You cannot chat or use menus during the 15 minute long unskippable immersion animations for entering/exiting turrets, using chairs, climbing ladders, etc. This makes it incredibly difficult to coordinate with someone while you run around their giant rear end ship.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

starkebn posted:

I think there was one guy who must have had a crime rating or something, you can see them hitting him near the end but he is just running around ignoring it.

Fidelity!

Yeah this is one of those typical CIG bug-and-solution pairs.

Bug: Right now you cannot control your criminal rating, and if you have a rating stations and guards will shoot at you.
CIG Solution: Stations and guards don't do any damage.

It was that way on the PTU as well. Appears to just be how things are done in Star Citizen. You don't fix bugs, you just introduce further bugs to route around them.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Polygon: Star Citizen’s 3.3 alpha rolls out to all players

Owen S. Good posted:

Star Citizen is currently about $400,000 shy of raising $200 million in crowd funding since 2012. But the Star Citizen project has no longer committed to a full release date, either for its multiplayer universe or the singleplayer Squadron 42.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Rugganovich posted:

Bugger, I had it as 2498 in my brain.

Understandable, it looks exactly like right now but with better spaceships.

Because nothing changes in 930 years. Glad my convent has access to these high-tech parchments!

quote:

Well then, if it's the 30th century, then obviously it's for Argon sniffing.

Big Benny's side business, noble gases for huffing.

skeletors_condom posted:

Check out the high fidelity AI from the closed testing branch (3.3.5 with Hurston):

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6wz449

Why is everything about SC so dumb? :psypop:

I like how the NPCs are either totally oblivious to the pewpew (white dude in dark gray sweatshirt) or seem slightly annoyed by it (black dude in white sweatshirt).

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
My favorite part is the babby's first impact decals that just float in the air where they hit the target.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

JugbandDude posted:

You see, all they need is getting the ultra complex feature of “carrying a box” ready and working. After that, these additional gameplay loops are straightforward, they just flip the switch.

The good news is that they've made great progress towards developing the tools needed to design and implement full "carrying a box" features*, so the pace of development should really pick up now. Some day in the future, boxes will appear and be carryable at least half of the time! Take that, big publishers!

(* As always, backers should accept without question that the current version of carrying a box is only what professional game developers who definitely know what they're doing would refer to as the Tier Zero Alpha Proof-of-Concept Skylark implementation: it should never be considered representative of the revolutionary and unparalleled box-carrying gameplay of the actual Star Citizen that lives inside your heart and haunts your dreams)

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sarsapariller posted:

Are you suggesting the company that we know published fake articles on fake websites like pixellemonade, would knowingly run bots on twitter?

Lethality's totally not a bot though, he's a tremendously sad game-chaser. He is a cargo-culter who thinks that if he acts like the bots, the game devs will shower him with access.

Yes. He’s attempting to outbot bots.

Think about that for a moment.

Eg we always thought that we’d need smarter AI to fool people, but we just needed dumber people.

Hav fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Nov 12, 2018

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

Tokamak posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/telemetry

This seems like the most useless way to present client performance data.

I can see why they expose this information, really cuts through the FUD.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

bbchops posted:

ahahahahaha

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Sarsapariller posted:

So I joined a random dude today on his hammerhead and actually did a mission vs NPC's while crewing one of his turrets. It was just him and me on the supership, but that didn't matter.

Observations:

* You cannot share missions, and mission state is not the same between players. So he could accept the merc mission but I couldn't see or accept it. Makes it even harder to crew ships, since nobody's getting anything out of it.

* Apparently rather than fix this or, you know, add AI gunners like the enemy NPC's have, CIG has instituted "Combat Beacons" which is where you pay other players out of your own pocket to crew your chariot for you. Given that the mission payouts cap at 1k, this pay is incredibly low and basically pointless. You'd spend hours to earn a pair of shoes.

* The amount of stuff that will attack you in one of these missions seems to be capped at 4 or so fighters, which means the big ships are even more ludicrously OP. 3 or 4 fighters is a major threat to my Gladius, and I had to do this mission about five times when I was trying it in the PTU.

* But the Hammerhead is so goddamn stupidly powerful that I, in my one turret, could easily obliterate NPC pirate fighters in a single shot. It has 6 of these turrets. Its shields are so OP that when a couple of the pirates got jammed up on the wrong side of the hull from me, the captain got out of his seat, walked the length of the 500 meter ship, got in the bottom turret, turned it on, and blew them up. They were shooting us the whole time and the shields never dipped below 80%.

* Combat seemed kind of desynced, the captain sat in his turret for a minute trying to shoot one guy and said his shields weren't dropping, while all of mine died instantly. Great job there CIG, knocking it out of the park.

* On the way out of Port O someone rammed us. After the mission, the captain went to the R&R station to repair. Reportedly repair costs from one collision were substantially more than the mission payout, meaning even with a perfect run you can lose money.

* The chat window is wildly inconsistent. Sometimes it is in your HUD now, sometimes it isn't, and if it isn't you cannot get it to appear there no matter what you do. You cannot chat or use menus during the 15 minute long unskippable immersion animations for entering/exiting turrets, using chairs, climbing ladders, etc. This makes it incredibly difficult to coordinate with someone while you run around their giant rear end ship.

Two words for you: Early days.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral

Daztek posted:

Click for video

Citizens very excited about being able to see the train passing in the bar

So excited

Seriously, I have no idea why, but my autism brain gets so excited about this stuff. Even though the rest of me knows better. There's something about trains and bars/restaurants and combining them is autistic crack.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/Macher_Gaming/status/1061761004151943168
https://twitter.com/listening2day/status/1061761255545786369

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

(There is literally only one cargo item in the entire game with a good profit margin, and only one invisible station sells it)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sarsapariller posted:

(There is literally only one cargo item in the entire game with a good profit margin, and only one invisible station sells it)

The only good profit margin comes from carrying a crate of concept jpegs.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
STOR CITIZER: AN UNDEFINED SUCCESs

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Lets Play : Star Citizen Warframe Fortuna

Just some background info, I'm MR15 and I've done the story till the latest plot line. I haven't played the other stuff yet like eidolon hunts and have not completed the starmap for the new alerts, yet. I will, one day. Prior to this I last played Warframe around March. And have not touched the game since

Anyway lets dive in.

Objective: Get a K-Drive Hoverboard.

I boot the game up. Game updates as per usual, and I'm welcomed by this really really good soundtrack. And psychedelic as hell logo for Warframe. Username, password. And I'm in. Oh thank you for the free login bonus, 2x Morphics. I ninja jump around my ship for a moment, admiring some changes in the visuals. Could be my eyes, but I swear this game looks prettier. I switch over to my "story" mode Warframe, Exaclibur. There were changes to the UI somewhat, I couldn't put my finger on it. I double check my weapon loadouts and head over to the Starmap.

Lo and behold a new node on Venus. I promptly select it and it displayed 16 instances. All busy. I just pick one and wait.

Now I'm greeted by possibly the best introductory in game cinematic I've experienced for some time. My Warframe is seen dropping in from the ceiling and I'm there. Fortuna is real. I run around the place an just absorb in all the work that's put into the detail and atmosphere. It's by far the best work DE has done. This is Destiny / AAA level of hub/town building. But it didn't prepare me for what came next.

I talked to the bunch of NPCs that I was required to speak to by quest markers and was thrown out into the open world. The elevator brought me up the shaft and the doors opened. The light of the sun blinded my Warframes optics, and when I regained focus, I was greeted by a rather fascinating place. It reminded me of Mario because of the mushrooms, but man it was beautiful.

The quest marker showed a dazzling 450m. I didn't have any archwing charges. I was thinking " gently caress me. That's far". But what the hell, i began bullet jumping toward the target. About a minute or so, (probably earlier) I arrived. And thought to myself, "what the gently caress?" If this was Destiny, the amount of bullet sponges I would have to encounter would drag the entire segment to a bloody halt, at least 10 minutes to traverse 500m.

I do a series of fetch, kill and investigation missions and am gifted my K-Drive. Holy hell is this thing sweet.

Mission succsfl.

e: Technical poo poo. FPS tanked during the "Elevator loading screen". But everything was up at 72FPS and the number never moved. No hard crashes from the multiple sessions I've had with it. Please do yourself a favor and play Star Citizen.

no_recall fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 12, 2018

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
In Stock

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

bbchops posted:

Batmaaaaaan !

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Star Citizen will now have a companion card game. Fidelity !

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

no_recall posted:

Lets Play : Star Citizen Warframe Fortuna

Just some background info, I'm MR15 and I've done the story till the latest plot line. I haven't played the other stuff yet like eidolon hunts and have not completed the starmap for the new alerts, yet. I will, one day. Prior to this I last played Warframe around March. And have not touched the game since

Anyway lets dive in.

Objective: Get a K-Drive Hoverboard.

I boot the game up. Game updates as per usual, and I'm welcomed by this really really good soundtrack. And psychedelic as hell logo for Warframe. Username, password. And I'm in. Oh thank you for the free login bonus, 2x Morphics. I ninja jump around my ship for a moment, admiring some changes in the visuals. Could be my eyes, but I swear this game looks prettier. I switch over to my "story" mode Warframe, Exaclibur. There were changes to the UI somewhat, I couldn't put my finger on it. I double check my weapon loadouts and head over to the Starmap.

Lo and behold a new node on Venus. I promptly select it and it displayed 16 instances. All busy. I just pick one and wait.

Now I'm greeted by possibly the best introductory in game cinematic I've experienced for some time. My Warframe is seen dropping in from the ceiling and I'm there. Fortuna is real. I run around the place an just absorb in all the work that's put into the detail and atmosphere. It's by far the best work DE has done. This is Destiny / AAA level of hub/town building. But it didn't prepare me for what came next.

I talked to the bunch of NPCs that I was required to speak to by quest markers and was thrown out into the open world. The elevator brought me up the shaft and the doors opened. The light of the sun blinded my Warframes optics, and when I regained focus, I was greeted by a rather fascinating place. It reminded me of Mario because of the mushrooms, but man it was beautiful.

The quest marker showed a dazzling 450m. I didn't have any archwing charges. I was thinking " gently caress me. That's far". But what the hell, i began bullet jumping toward the target. About a minute or so, (probably earlier) I arrived. And thought to myself, "what the gently caress?" If this was Destiny, the amount of bullet sponges I would have to encounter would drag the entire segment to a bloody halt, at least 10 minutes to traverse 500m.

I do a series of fetch, kill and investigation missions and am gifted my K-Drive. Holy hell is this thing sweet.

Mission succsfl.

e: Technical poo poo. FPS tanked during the "Elevator loading screen". But everything was up at 72FPS and the number never moved. No hard crashes from the multiple sessions I've had with it. Please do yourself a favor and play Star Citizen.

A patch not too long ago gave everyone unlimited archwing charges so you can use it as often as you want on Fortuna and Cetus

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

no_recall posted:

I didn't have any archwing charges.

AW launcher is infinite now, just build it once and own it forever

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Jobbo_Fett posted:

A patch not too long ago gave everyone unlimited archwing charges so you can use it as often as you want on Fortuna and Cetus

jinx

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

it's not a jinx if they beat you by almost an hour.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Sarsapariller posted:

AW launcher is infinite now, just build it once and own it forever

Yes, i realized later when I tried to build it, I couldn't. Found out I needed to reequip it in the wheel

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
cowboy report

i gave read deads another try and got a few missions into chapter 2

the games kind of clicking, the controls are still so overly complicated, but in a way I almost respect them for going full space train autist with them because so much of the rest of the game is this really fleshed out thing

the shooting I still think sucks but the actual going about town and just sort of taking in the game, I can't get enough of.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

:stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

According to that article

quote:

Star Citizen’s 3.3 update has now gone live to all donors
donors.................