Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

He suffers the same fatal flaw as every non-Belichik coach in the NFL who has won a SB -- he's good, but not great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

john harbaugh is not impressive as a coach in anyway but hes pretty good at being a middle manager which is all most head coaches are. hes decent enough and your average hc is bad enough that replacing him has real risks but hes not good enough to be irreplaceable and the teams been meh for a bunch of seasons in a row.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Yeah. I'd be interesting to see who Biscotti would target since he did a good job in digging up Harbaugh and made his money as a personnel guy.

My first impulse would be whoever the Rams offensive coordinator is but that's probably a dumb idea since Sean McVay is the one running that offense.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Doesn't matter. Rams and Chiefs staffs are getting to get picked over pretty good next year. Everybody wants part of a high powered offense, even if it's just the water boy.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The impression I always had of John Harbaugh is that he's very good at the big picture stuff and getting the team motivated to compete and play hard, but that he also delegates a ton of stuff to assistant coaches who he trusts too much, and takes forever to get rid of them even if they aren't that good. (like Cam Cameron and Dean Pees)

That being said i'm willing to admit i'm wrong if that's the case.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Durandal1707 posted:

The impression I always had of John Harbaugh is that he's very good at the big picture stuff and getting the team motivated to compete and play hard, but that he also delegates a ton of stuff to assistant coaches who he trusts too much, and takes forever to get rid of them even if they aren't that good. (like Cam Cameron and Dean Pees)

That being said i'm willing to admit i'm wrong if that's the case.

Harbaugh is really tough to nail down, he seems like a good admin guy but then you have the Ravens yearly tradition of violating some rule or another during minicamp and forfeiting a practice. I've always felt like he goes as his assistants go, if you surround him with good people he'll do well but that's probably true with 25 other coaches too. Whatever input he has into the draft is either ignored or not earth shattering ((post Flacco/Rice) I assume he was allowed to pick his QB in his first year) because we haven't drafted particularly well for years. He's far too loyal to "his guys" imo. He seems to be committed to playing 2003 football in 2018 but I don't know how much of that is set by the front office. It might be recency bias but I feel like he doesn't bring a ton to the table at this point and might well be taking things off of it.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Dean Pees

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Dean Piss

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lamont Brightful

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/EyeonOhio/status/1060946841200746496

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Oberst posted:

callout: marsh thinking ravens would bench flacco

eat my rear end marf

the ravens are benching joe flacco

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Harbaugh is done.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

its the bye week!!

Oberst
May 24, 2010

An injury is not a benching!!!!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

its the bye week!!

And we've already lost twice (starting QB hurt again, bad HC still employed)

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

(bad poster still posting,above me not me dont try to pretend its me thats the bad one its not)

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Oberst posted:

An injury is not a benching!!!!

it's very obviously an "injury"

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

im a good poster

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

is joe flaccos hip a false flag

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The Cleveland Browns have won the Super Bowl.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

it's very obviously an "injury"

Stfu wampa

Oberst
May 24, 2010

The Bengals are going to bench dalton

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ravens fans projecting

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
:smugdog:

schmug
May 20, 2007

:getin:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Baker owns

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm increasingly convinced that the Ravens will luck into a win and in situation for week 17 only to eat poo poo at home against the Browns.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Bengals are exciting

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
It's cool when your favorite team doesn't even have to play on Sunday, yet still wins

Oberst
May 24, 2010

God bless the Pittsburgh Steelers

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Oberst posted:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oberst posted:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm increasingly convinced that the Ravens will luck into a win and in situation for week 17 only to eat poo poo at home against the Browns.

My scenario is that both John Harbaugh and Marvin Lewis are fired at the end of the season. And each team hires the other coach. I need the Ravens to win next week for this to happen.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that would be very interesting indeed given that both are capable of success and have won a super bowl as a coach. However, marvin lewis was named All-Big Sky Conference three times while john Harbaugh grew up around football as his experience, which could be a red flag. my scenario Is that the both of us dress up as eachothers coach and do something funny together like going for a big ride in the car.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

marvin lewis having won a superbowl with the ravens is probably like half the reason kawa wants him

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
While I don't hate Marvin like others do, I do find it odd to remind others of their desire to have Marvin as their coach the week his team is blown out 51-14 and when making history as the only NFL team to allow the opposing team 500 yards of offense three weeks in a row.

schmug
May 20, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZErIOi8Ji9k

wish I knew how to chop it to just the first 5.5 seconds

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1061751442783064065

schmug fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Nov 12, 2018

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

My Mayfield shirsey that I ordered after the Browns beat the Jets finally loving shipped. They must have had a metric fuckton of orders of these bad boys.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Nov 13, 2018

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

marvin lewis having won a superbowl with the ravens is probably like half the reason kawa wants him

I'm pretty sure it's the entire reason. He's the Shannon Sharp of coaches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Ghost Dog posted:

in like 2009 or something i thought kawalimus was a troll, i googled his name and found a baltimore sun account with like 40k+ posts all saying the same stuff he was saying here

i'm still laughing at this (in a nice way)

Kawalimus posted:

Look at AJ Green, Dalton, Bernard and all those other running backs they've had there. I think he's done a very good job drafting talent like Jonathan Joseph used to kill the Ravens every time. Marvin Lewis has engineered one of the most embarrassing parts of the Ravens which is that the Ravens have a losing record to the Cincinnati Bengals franchise. And that hurts as he was a big part of our first SB year ever. I believe Marvin Lewis is a SB-caliber coach. If Carson Palmer didn't get hurt that year who knows? That Bengals job was considered like a Raiders or Browns job. But he made it work.

Unsurprisingly, your love of Marvin Lewis is directly related to your pathological obsession with teams who have beaten the Ravens. I mean, I guess I've heard of worse decision-making strategies