Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Skippy McPants posted:

Franchise owners getting uppity? No problem, just send in the fasch!

wow

just another reason to hate 7-11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

evilweasel posted:

in no particular order

9-10) all those generally awful NYT things that are escaping me

#9 would be glowing hagiographies of those misunderstood nazis.
#10 would be silencing their actual journalists on social media while letting their lovely opinion writers have free reign to spread lies.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Push El Burrito posted:

I can't believe Hillary coordinated a bloodless coup inside the DNC and now rules with an iron fist.

I mean, she kind of did, she just hosed off after she lost and no longer has the reins of power (especially since a not insignificant amount of her power was on the basis of 'piss off the clintons and you'll never go anywhere' and people no longer believe that.)

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I'd vote for this guy in a primary

https://twitter.com/brianschatz/status/1061700665854971905

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
So this has probably already been mentioned here but Dana Rohrabacher narrowly lost his house seat in Orange County CA.

Get hosed you traitorous Putin dick sucker.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
Honestly I could give a poo poo about clinton. The people I want blacklisted from politics are her top advisors. They failed to understand how things work in both 2008 and 2016, leading to two enormous upset losses and have no business being involved in any campaign ever again.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Condiv posted:

wow

just another reason to hate 7-11

As if their lovely smelling slurpees weren't enough

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

1glitch0 posted:

A bar scuffle at the "Farmington Country Club bar". lol

Yeah, his son probably threw a napkin

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Everyone is beginning to call AZ-Sen and it's pretty obvious by Rick Scott's fuckery that FL-Sen has Nelson winning too (though it may not end up that way)

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1061785357048561664

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

skylined! posted:

Everyone is beginning to call AZ-Sen and it's pretty obvious by Rick Scott's fuckery that FL-Sen has Nelson winning too (though it may not end up that way)

She increased her lead by another couple thousand votes after the latest round of counts dropped today. Guess McSally will have to wait till after Christmas when Kyl retires so she'll get McCain's seat instead :v:

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

So what's that make the likely Senate count? 53-47?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

skylined! posted:

it's unfortunate that she's terrible

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Harik posted:

Honestly I could give a poo poo about clinton. The people I want blacklisted from politics are her top advisors. They failed to understand how things work in both 2008 and 2016, leading to two enormous upset losses and have no business being involved in any campaign ever again.
Robby Mook in particular needs to go into the same trash bin of campaign managers as Mark Penn ended up.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Wicked Them Beats posted:

So what's that make the likely Senate count? 53-47?

At least 53-47. If lightning strikes and Bill Nelson somehow pulls a rabbit out of the hat, that would make it 52-48, and if a second bolt of lightning strikes in Mississippi and Mike Espy wins the runoff, 51-49.

NOTE: Neither of those things are likely to happen.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm going to be so hype if Rick Scott loses his seat, more if he hype runs into legal troubles over election tampering, and amazingly hype if he actually faces a legal consequence.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Ague Proof posted:

It was a concern against Mondale. Reagan showed early evidence of donkeybrains in their first debate, but he managed to own the issue with a scripted witticism.

Second debate:

MODERATOR: "You already are the oldest President in history, and some of your staff say you were tired after your most recent encounter with Mr. Mondale. I recall, yes, that President Kennedy, who had to go for days on end with very little sleep during the Cuba missile crisis. Is there any doubt in your mind that you would be able to function in such circumstances?"

REAGAN: "Not at all, Mr. Trewhitt and I want you to know that also I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit for political purposes my opponent's youth and inexperience."

MODERATOR: "Mr. President, I'd like to head for the fence and try to catch that one before it goes over."

Reagan could be trained, Trump will likely forget his own name on stage and in front of a camera.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

At least 53-47. If lightning strikes and Bill Nelson somehow pulls a rabbit out of the hat, that would make it 52-48, and if a second bolt of lightning strikes in Mississippi and Mike Espy wins the runoff, 51-49.

NOTE: Neither of those things are likely to happen.
Nelson is far more likely to win a recount at this point than Espy is to win the runoff. It's probably not even going to be close since his opponent is the less crazy Republican.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

OB_Juan posted:

I'm going to be so hype if Rick Scott loses his seat, more if he hype runs into legal troubles over election tampering, and amazingly hype if he actually faces a legal consequence.

It's amazing that my hatred of Rick Scott and Scott Walker was changed to Rick Scott and Brian Kemp all in a matter of a few days.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Crabtree posted:

Reagan could be trained, Trump will likely forget his own name on stage and in front of a camera.

Wasn't there a case in which inside people basically leaked Carter's debate prep to his team and instead of turning it down like other candidates had in similar situations, he went ham on it?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Condiv posted:

it's unfortunate that she's terrible

Sinema spent her entire campaign calling herself independent, and touting that she is the most likely to cross party lines of any person in Congress. I don't think she called herself a Democrat one time that I saw her. McSally on the other hand ran HARD to the right on every single issue and barely even bothered to tack back toward the center during the general, including full-throatedly supporting Trump and all his pet issues.

It seems that Arizona wants that delicious :decorum:

That said, I haven't lived here long enough to know what Sinema's politics are actually like. A longer-time AZ goon would know. But I do know a lot of Dems voted for that particular Border Wall bill and we were ready to call it a win despite everything because it would have secured the Dreamers. That was the one Trump himself blew up by demanding cuts of legal immigration after getting everything he wanted.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Sanguinia posted:

Yes bipartisan decorum is what a lot of american voters want thats why politicians do the things they do. Dems arent any worse than the american people, by and large. If you want to change the Dems, change the people.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
As far as I'm concerned, the worst D is better than the best R.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Manchin for 6 more years... ugh

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Sanguinia posted:

Sinema spent her entire campaign calling herself independent, and touting that she is the most likely to cross party lines of any person in Congress. I don't think she called herself a Democrat one time that I saw her. McSally on the other hand ran HARD to the right on every single issue and barely even bothered to tack back toward the center during the general, including full-throatedly supporting Trump and all his pet issues.

That said, I haven't lived here long enough to know what Sinema's politics are actually like. A longer-time AZ goon would know. But I do know a lot of Dems voted for that particular Border Wall bill and we were ready to call it a win despite everything because it would have secured the Dreamers. That was the one Trump himself blew up by demanding cuts of legal immigration after getting everything he wanted.

this a somewhat inaccurate summation of that particular DACA bill (it was actually pretty solid for Democrats and Trump DEFINITELY did not get 'everything he wanted' even in wall funding terms)

on the plus side, you managed to use the decorum smiley in a positive context, so

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Your Taint posted:

When you are playing team politics this strictly you end up supporting Democrats that voted Yes on Kavanaugh while hating Republicans that voted No. You might want to consider political platforms and literally any other information beyond the name of the team.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Manchin for 6 more years... ugh
I wish there was a better option with him, but he is probably the only Dem who can win in WV at this point.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Rectal Death Adept posted:

When you are playing team politics this strictly you end up supporting Democrats that voted Yes on Kavanaugh while hating Republicans that voted No. You might want to consider political platforms and literally any other information beyond the name of the team.

Ok so would you rather have had the R win the seat? Yes, Manchin does indeed suck and he's the worst dem, but given the choice between getting kicked in the teeth or shot in the head, I'd choose the kick.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Only one Democrat voted Yes on Kavanaugh, and last I heard, he wasn't running against a Republican that (would have) voted No.

I haven't seen an election with a better Republican candidate yet.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1061781866427113474

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Harik posted:

Those are also coincidentally the same people who are the sources of all these "Clinton should/will run in 2020!" articles (the ones not coming from the right wing media), confirming that they are exactly as useless and inept as you accuse them of. /

There also a crowd of people in DC/NOVA who keep seeing dollar signs in finding their old floppy disks, copying the "insights" to a new letterhead, updating a few dates, and printing off five figure consulting fees.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Control of the legislative agenda and the ability to block lovely Fascist policy is more important than ideology purity.

Because Joe Manchin's lovely opinions don't matter in Democratic controlled Senate. This isn't that loving complicated to understand. At least it shouldn't be.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Zero Republicans voted no on Kavanaugh

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Here's a question: why are we arguing whether Hillary or Bernie should have won?

Here's a hot take: it's actually GOOD that they both lost. If either would have won, we would have gotten absolutely nothing done, no SC appointment, AND had been on the receiving end of this recent midterm bloodbath, losing the power of redistricting for another decade.

Trump is the best thing to happen to the Democratic party in years.

Your Taint posted:

This has been my guiding philosophy since 2010.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Unormal posted:

Yes bipartisan decorum is what a lot of american voters want thats why politicians do the things they do. Dems arent any worse than the american people, by and large. If you want to change the Dems, change the people.

decorum and bipartisanship is what the american people want, this is why they elected a racist senile carnival barker and are rewarding furious political polarization in both parties

OR

'decorum' and 'civility' simply designate the limited range of political expression that a comfortable, deeply sophistic, institutionally embedded and predominantly white affluent political class deems acceptable
GEE I WONDER WHICH ONE IS TRUE

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah, even Murkowski pulled a no vote in the name of :decorum:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i'm not sure if "masters of war" is an apt term as mastery implies some sort of proficiency, and they were really bad at wars after starting them

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Mr Interweb posted:

Here's a question: why are we arguing whether Hillary or Bernie should have won?

Here's a hot take: it's actually GOOD that they both lost. If either would have won, we would have gotten absolutely nothing done, no SC appointment, AND had been on the receiving end of this recent midterm bloodbath, losing the power of redistricting for another decade.

Trump is the best thing to happen to the Democratic party in years.

This has been my guiding philosophy since 2010.

Instead, we've gotten a whole lot of bad poo poo done and 2 SC appointments to conservative hacks? I mean, I agree that Democrats probably get slaughtered in 2018 had Clinton won in 2016, but I still don't think I'd slide it as far as "Trump winning was Good."

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

VitalSigns posted:

Murkowsky voted present.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

If Joe Manchin was a senator from Illinois or New York or California then yeah gently caress him forever. I'll take a lovely D in that seat over an R any day of the week though, and if you believe a carbon copy of Bernie Sanders or whatever would win in West Virginia then I don't know what the gently caress to tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
McSally would need to win the remaining votes about 60%-40%, which probably ain't gonna happen.

https://twitter.com/Garrett_Archer/status/1061791241505988608