Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

katkillad2 posted:

you done hosed up, now you have to buy a second Switch

I’ve mentioned this before, but I bought a 2nd switch for this exact reason. My wife wanted to Stardew it up while I played something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Stardew is on mobile now so that may be a cheaper solution.:v:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Stardew is on mobile now so that may be a cheaper solution.:v:

Ew

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Just suck it up and get another Switch, you'll have to once Animal Crossing comes out anyway :v:

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Licarn posted:

Just suck it up and get another Switch, you'll have to once Animal Crossing comes out anyway :v:

Ugh. When AC comes out I’ll be buying 2 more Switches — one for each kid.

AC will ultimately be the most expensive game I ever buy.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

HenryEx posted:

There are charging complaints about the joycons??!?!!?!

Literally the only time i have ever seen the "battery running low" notification pop up was when i was playing BOTW from morning til evening for like 12 hours straight. Even then, the battery was only at like a little under half or maybe 1/3rd.

Sometimes they don't charge properly or reconnect to the switch.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I just play docked most of the time and I always forget to charge the joy cons

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Someone in this thread said youtube was on MoviesAnywhere and I got excited, thinking I could add that, and have all my movies on Switch. They still aren't unless I'm missing something. Really hope Switch gets 1 app that supports movies anywhere and netflix at some point.

This has turned into such a good system. I loved the Wii U and enjoyed all the first party games on it but it's nice for Nintendo's console to have too many good games to play.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

TheMadMilkman posted:

Ugh. When AC comes out I’ll be buying 2 more Switches — one for each kid.

AC will ultimately be the most expensive game I ever buy.

Worth it. Animal Crossing is the last pure thing left in video games, Mr. Resetti & Tom Nook's gentle extortion withstanding.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Spacebump posted:

Someone in this thread said youtube was on MoviesAnywhere and I got excited, thinking I could add that, and have all my movies on Switch. They still aren't unless I'm missing something. Really hope Switch gets 1 app that supports movies anywhere and netflix at some point.

This has turned into such a good system. I loved the Wii U and enjoyed all the first party games on it but it's nice for Nintendo's console to have too many good games to play.

Is there not a purchases option?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

bushisms.txt posted:

Is there not a purchases option?

There probably is. I know I can watch movies purchased on youtube.

MoviesAnywhere is a service that let's you link many of the most popular digital storefronts so you can watch your movies across all of them. (example: connect my itunes and vudu account to moviesanywhere and I can see all my itunes and vudu movies from participating studios on either platform)

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I'm enjoying Xenoblade Chronicles 2 because I like junkfood JRPGS about friendship but holy poo poo does this game love bombarding you with a billion numbers and voice lines.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

katkillad2 posted:

yep it seems like i'm getting her one for christmas

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

katkillad2 posted:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the stardew machine

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I really love the handheld mode even though I don't take my switch on the bus or anything. Being able to curl up in a blanket on the porch while playing a game is nice.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Just posting from the console thread - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20769618834

If you’re playing a necro on switch there’s a bug with curses, they stop working after a while. I’ve noticed it, after a few minutes my curse stops showing on mobs and effects stop working.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

I know at least one person who's more interested in that than Smash
Maybe two

Make it three. Katamari is a day one purchase for me. I’ve never played smash, so I dont get it

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m buying both cause they’ll both be great games.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m buying both cause they’ll both be great games.

:yeah:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The game size is irrelevant. Even if overwatch was 100gb, you ship a cart with whatever chunk of the game will fit on the cart, and users download the rest. Plenty of games do it. Size is the last reason to not port overwatch.
FWIW Blizzard is developing a new console client that requires a full redownload of the game and one of the changes is a smaller install size on PS4

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

Spacebump posted:

There probably is. I know I can watch movies purchased on youtube.

MoviesAnywhere is a service that let's you link many of the most popular digital storefronts so you can watch your movies across all of them. (example: connect my itunes and vudu account to moviesanywhere and I can see all my itunes and vudu movies from participating studios on either platform)

Yeah with YT I can watch (most of) my digital library on the Switch, if I desired.

Anyway is there any reason my Switch would suddenly start outputting to my tv in a lower resolution (like, handheld but blown up) and without sound when docked? Everything works fine in handheld mode, and I’ve restarted all the devices and sound/resolution is fine on other stuff I have hooked up to the TV. I believe it was even working fine the other day.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spacebump posted:

Add your Google Account to Movies Anywhere and your purchased movies will show up under the "Purchased" tab on the YouTube app.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

asecondduck posted:

Add your Google Account to Movies Anywhere and your purchased movies will show up under the "Purchased" tab on the YouTube app.

Ah, thank you. I didn't realize that would work. I assumed despite Google owning youtube, movies purchased on googleplay and youtube weren't connected. Thanks!

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Detective No. 27 posted:

I doubt Namco expects Katamari to set the world on fire, but releasing it on Smash Bros day is not the best idea.

its one of the best games ever

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bulgakov posted:

its one of the best games ever

They both are though I vastly prefer Katamari myself. Now will we see the Prince in a future Smash, I wonder.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Diablo 3 questions:

I started a witch doctor in adventure mode Expert and got him to 70, doing lots of the season challenges. Then I hit challenges that require Master difficulty so I rolled a monk in that difficulty and am having a rough go of it !

I can blast through normal hordes of mobs but when I run into blue and gold mobs i die a lot and clearing nephilim and bounties is quite hard. Gaining levels and power is really slow.

I also can't seem to access the challenge rift.

What should I be doing to speed up progress and get the final season rewards?

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Turpitude posted:

Diablo 3 questions:

I started a witch doctor in adventure mode Expert and got him to 70, doing lots of the season challenges. Then I hit challenges that require Master difficulty so I rolled a monk in that difficulty and am having a rough go of it !

I can blast through normal hordes of mobs but when I run into blue and gold mobs i die a lot and clearing nephilim and bounties is quite hard. Gaining levels and power is really slow.

You can change the difficulty for any given character by backing out to the main menu. So you can do your Master (and Torment!) challenges with your Doc’.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Tempura Wizard posted:

You can change the difficulty for any given character by backing out to the main menu. So you can do your Master (and Torment!) challenges with your Doc’.

Thank you, it wouldn't let me do it while signed in I guess! Cheers!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Turpitude posted:

Thank you, it wouldn't let me do it while signed in I guess! Cheers!

Yeah, while in a season session, you can't raise difficulty. You have to back out to the main menu with "quit" first.

Witch Doctor is hella fun. Mine is mixing two set bonuses so she runs around with like 20 fetishes, drops Big Bad Voodoo, and feeds everything to a bogadile while flaming bats fly everywhere.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spacebump posted:

Ah, thank you. I didn't realize that would work. I assumed despite Google owning youtube, movies purchased on googleplay and youtube weren't connected. Thanks!

Yeah, it's not at all clear that Google Play Movies purchases are also streamable through YouTube. It's handy, though, as pretty every smart TV/streaming box/game console has YouTube but like none of them have a GPM app.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Turpitude posted:

Diablo 3 questions:

Difficulty question aside, the easiest way to quickly get new characters up solo is craft the Hellfire Ring and Amulet, they roll level 70 stats but are equippable from level 1, and the ring has an experience boost on it. Just wearing those and nothing else can get a character from 1 to 50 or 60 in a couple of minutes of torment 6 rifts before monsters start catching up to you and you have to start worrying about filling your other slots. There are things like Leoric's Crown and the level 23 Cain set that can also give you a little extra bonus experience, but its not that big a deal. Later on you can get Gems of Ease to bring level 70 gear down to level 1 to make the alt process even quicker.

Of course in multiplayer you can just join someone doing level 70 rifts and stand around and you'll also level up very quickly.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren::australia::boonie: ATTN - Ausgoons :boonie::australia::siren:

Amazon has Pokemon Let's Go + Pokeball Plus for $99AUD - $20 cheaper than anywhere else I've seen
Standalone edition is $59AUD - But JBHiFi have it for the same price

But why would you not want the Pokeball Plus?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Pokeball Plus is the only way to get Mew in Let's Go. The Pokemon Go mew won't transfer.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pretty sure you can just capture Mew normally ingame? You just get him early.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I was lukewarm on D3 when it released but playing couch co-op with my boyfriend has been a lot of fun. Adventure mode is way more fun than slogging through the campaign.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Elderbean posted:

Adventure mode is way more fun than slogging through the campaign.

Don't kinkshame me ITT

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Blizzard can jerk people around all they want but I still say there's 0% chance Overwatch comes to Switch. Anyone who wants to play it def has it already and they've bitched endlessly as is about how much of a hassle it is to update 3 different versions. I doubt they'll throw a 4th one on top and make more work for themselves.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I have D3 on PC and I still bought it on my Switch :shrug:

I'd probably buy Overwatch for Switch if all my unlocked poo poo came across and it had crossplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I want to play overwatch but the switch is the only console I own or need