Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Alright, I've started to figure out the foundry and mods and stuff (if not what's actually popular, i'll worry about that later). As for actual progress, I'm still locked to Venus and Earth as near as I can tell, I guess my first job is... what, getting access to Mars? Should I just be following whatever shows up in Quests?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
Pretty much, open up the starmap, level up the easy mastery junk you'll never want to actually use like the mk1 weapons and whatever, get your mastery up, get more planets available, do quests. Skip the Kubrow one until later, they're a bit of a credit sink.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Dely Apple posted:

Wow, have I really been so lazy as to finally be timed out of the Goon Squad for inactivity?

That'll teach me. I guess I'll just put my name back in the docs way. :smith:
Don't forget to rebuild your clan key as soon as you get accepted! I ran into that myself yesterday.

"Oh, I'll go see what new research weapons have happened while I was gone! ... why is not letting me go to the doj-gently caress THE CLAN KEY"

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Just got back into this. There is so much different. Holy poo poo.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrniPwzF7dQ&t=2s

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Working on it :v:

Someone explaining the bullet jump was pretty revelatory, I've got a much better feel for how I'm meant to play now that I know how to do that from muscle memory

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Remember you can bullet jump up. That was revelatory when I was doing early MR tests.

Also after Earth and Venus is Mercury! I don't think you can get to Mars before clearing Mercury and killing Vor again.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

How does that work, don't you have to slide in order to bullet jump?

I just now unlocked Mercury and felt the need and tab out to ask why do the devs' cinema people love shaky cam so much

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

You don't need to kill Vor again, you just need to go all the way to his doorstep which is a spy mission.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

I just now unlocked Mercury and felt the need and tab out to ask why do the devs' cinema people love shaky cam so much

Nope, just have to hold crouch. Aim up, hit crouch and jump, bullet jump straight up. This technique is necessary to making Ivara not painful to play.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Working on it :v:

Someone explaining the bullet jump was pretty revelatory, I've got a much better feel for how I'm meant to play now that I know how to do that from muscle memory

My normal fast-traversal loop is bullet jump->double jump->dive roll->repeat.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Ciaphas posted:

Hold crouch (CTRL by default), point either straight down or straight up, then jump

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

My normal fast-traversal loop is bullet jump->double jump->dive roll->repeat.

I've been using ADS after the double jump instead; I've been playing Destiny 2 and it feels exactly like controlling a Warlock jump that way, so it's actually pretty great

Speaking of, does ADS provide any numeric buffs like it does in D2 (Range stat, basically falloff is reduced) or is it purely an aiming assist?

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Man, conservation is such a chill way of getting rep. Just touch poop and collect floofs. Now if only Ticker would have more medical bond people up for sale.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I know it's atmosphere but I wish the hammerworkers were actually hammering something other than the floor. :v

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
I was extremely disappointed when I stood in front of the hammer guys and the hammer just went right through me. I mean of course that's what happens but I would have been giddy if it smacked me into the water or the guy yelled at me to get out of the way or something.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hammers should've procced blast right where they hit.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

You nerds were not kidding about Nezha holy poo poo he's a fun slippy boy.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Like the one thing I do like about Cetus is you can actually see work going on. The market is teeming, people on the docks, wallmeat being harvested.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Sometimes, you want to see the largest numbers absolutely possible. Sometimes, you want to see an entire room drop dead in a flash.

These are the choices that you have to consider when choosing a weapon for the situation that you want to cause. :colbert:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Do I only need to keep one of each mod, or one for every weapon/warframe i might want to put that mod in?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Ciaphas posted:

Do I only need to keep one of each mod, or one for every weapon/warframe i might want to put that mod in?

Only one. At most, try to get a double on some weapon stuff for sentinel weapons or stat sticks.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Only Sentinals share your mods (for some reason, it's kinda dumb tbh), but it can be handy to keep multiple copies around at different levels for easy slotting.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

In particular at low MR, when you're working on that MR fodder or first forma weapon, it can help to not have to slot the entirety of a 14 cost serration in there.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

This UI is driving me barmy, how do I select only uninstalled duplicate mods for dissolving into endo?

(e) nevermind, there was something seriously fucky with the Duplicates filter. :confused:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Nov 12, 2018

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Aww ye, finally made the Akzani for my Mirage. I didn't even look up if it was a good weapon or not, I just really like letting frames use their signature weapons.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ciaphas posted:

This UI is driving me barmy, how do I select only uninstalled duplicate mods for dissolving into endo?

(e) nevermind, there was something seriously fucky with the Duplicates filter. :confused:

The mod UI is finicky and bad, so you have to go through and individually select.

Mods that are currently equipped will have a glowy pip at the bottom and be separate from the unequipped stack, which is separate from any ranked up copies you have.

Generally, go to the "all mods" tab and scroll through, middle mouse button clicking the stacks of dupes and when you're done selecting everything you can hit the melt to endo button.

Try to keep at least one copy of everything though as you never know when the meta will change or a gun/frame is released that thrives off that odd mod.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Ciaphas posted:

If you've leveled up your mods with endo, then the unleveled ones are counted separately. A rank 10 Serration is a separate object from a rank 0 serration, so you can safely sell any rank 0 mods you already have without worrying about whether they're equipped in something or not. Just make sure you've put at least 1 pip of endo juice into all the mods you have equipped.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Am I wrong, or is there no way to get these medical debt bonds other than the one bounty mission which never rewards them?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the fortuna launch has been surprisingly stable considering what all is going on under the hood

Gonkish posted:

Am I wrong, or is there no way to get these medical debt bonds other than the one bounty mission which never rewards them?

ticker can provide them but it seems kind of unreasonably scarce in a way that could be a bug

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

When it comes to opening Relics I should always be doing that as a group, right? I switched to Solo because matchmaking and squads or whatever were being odd.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

When it comes to opening Relics I should always be doing that as a group, right?

Yes, always.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's always 100% a net positive by doing relics in a group, because you can pick from everyone's results instead of your own

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Gonkish posted:

Correct.

Apparently Canadians believe medical debt would be rare in dystopia corporate hell future.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ciaphas posted:

When it comes to opening Relics I should always be doing that as a group, right? I switched to Solo because matchmaking and squads or whatever were being odd.

Not only do you get to pick from everyone's relics, but if people choose yours, then you get bonus traces.

The only fissure I won't do with pubs is excav, because they chronically finish them early before people get enough to open the relic.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Explored the Orb Vallis tonight while expending a 4 hour login resource doubler. Saw some very interesting sights, especially in the caves. But this one stood out:

I can't shake the feeling that something cracked this orokin whatever open like a lobster and ate the meaty insides... :stare:

pantX0r
Jan 7, 2004
hey, back again!
Is there good way to stun wildlife? My sleep arrows only work for half a second, apparently.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

pantX0r posted:

Is there good way to stun wildlife? My sleep arrows only work for half a second, apparently.

Excalibur's radial blind works great. I can easily capture all three pobbers using it.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

Correct.

Apparently Canadians believe medical debt would be rare in dystopia corporate hell future.

DE: "Let's make Space Millenials!"
Also DE: "Let's saddle them with unreasonable amounts of medical debt!"

Seriously, I need 3 more and I've basically been running that one mission all loving day. Why the gently caress doesn't that vendor dude offer any to buy? My rep is maxed out, I'm ready to move up a rank... but medical debt. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

pantX0r posted:

Loki's Hushed Invis augment works great!