Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
FOr the first time in 10 years, I got really involved in politics for a single candidate (I've been running national campaigns and poo poo for years). I've spend 6 months knocking doors, calling, lit drops, fundraising you know it for a city councillor candidate. Despite getting endorsements from the Mayor (Who got 70%) of the vote, and the outgoing candidate(who was well loved), he only got 20% of the vote and lost. It's a gut-punch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I didn't sleep tonight, at all, and I'm so goddamn sick that I can't even attempt to struggle through the day like a normal person. I'm completely loving useless.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
got sinusitis it hurts more than anything i can remember i spend an hour can't think except this hurts holly poo poo this early hurts wow!!!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
loving hell.

So, backstory. There was this girl I worked with occasionally (she worked in a business I do consulting in), and we were friends. Not especially close, but friends. Two years ago, she found out she had cancer, and unfortunately died of it one year ago. It was super sad, especially for her family because her dad had also died of cancer when she was very young.

This morning I went to a memorial mass her family has organised, and I talked with her family (mum and sister). As it turns out, her sister has come down with the exact same type of cancer my friend had. Genetics is sure a thing, huh? :smith:

I feel really bad especially for their mum. Yes she has other family, brothers, in-laws, cousins, etc, but everyone close to her either died of cancer or has cancer right now :smith:

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
gently caress me
This past week I got the flu, unexpectedly lost my dog to liver failure, found out my older sister is going blind, and now today I find out that my younger sister who has just moved interstate almost successfully committed suicide a few months ago.
I am going to take a Valium and lie down for the rest of the day.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

coldpudding posted:

gently caress me
This past week I got the flu, unexpectedly lost my dog to liver failure, found out my older sister is going blind, and now today I find out that my younger sister who has just moved interstate almost successfully committed suicide a few months ago.
I am going to take a Valium and lie down for the rest of the day.

Oh, hon. :love:

Tonight is the first anniversary of the night one of my best friends said good night to everybody in good cheer, walked out of a party, and stepped out in front of a speeding car.

Rest in peace, Natalie.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
One of my favorite streaming personalities just milkshake ducked herself super hard, she had said some dumb things before in the past, but this is just flagrant. Like jesus :yikes:

Yardbomb posted:

Oh, okay.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Just found out my ex-girlfriend went missing on Friday. She was last seen at a party acting "scared and paranoid" according to a friend of hers. I am scared out of my loving mind. Being scared and/or paranoid is completely outside of her character because she's always been too busy being a cantankerous shithead with no filter between her brain and her mouth.

gently caress.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Rainbow Knight posted:

Just found out my ex-girlfriend went missing on Friday. She was last seen at a party acting "scared and paranoid" according to a friend of hers. I am scared out of my loving mind. Being scared and/or paranoid is completely outside of her character because she's always been too busy being a cantankerous shithead with no filter between her brain and her mouth.

gently caress.

Good luck with being a person of interest for a while.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Start referring to her in the past tense on social media. You know, really give those cops something to ponder.

sorry about your friend, hope she's alright

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
The job I really wanted to get emailed me today saying they wanted to hire me, and set up an appointment for a drug test. Guy I know just got hired on and had to take a urine test, they have me scheduled to take a hair follicle test and I smoked a little bit of weed this summer.. :suicide:

We're being hired on for the same thing, I don't understand why my pre-employment drug test should be any different from his. I'm going to take it Monday, I'm worried that they might not even be able to do the test because I shave my head, and I shave pretty much all of my body hair which grows in very fine and short anyway.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Failed a big lab skills test today.

Gonna be proud on this one: I don't fail things. This has kinda broken my brain.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I think I tore a muscle in my leg, or something. I've hardly been able to walk all day, it hurts terribly (bad enough I was crying earlier), and my insurance has lapsed, and I've been trying to get it to kick back in for the last couple of weeks. Even so, I went to the doctor today, and he gave me paperwork to go get an xray in the morning. I could afford the $200 for the visit (I got another bursitis shot today), but I don't think I can afford an xray.

For the cherry on top, I was applying Icy Hot to my leg, and got some on my balls. It's quite unpleasant.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If you ever put icy hot on any part of your body even remotely near your balls, just wear underwear(briefs) and if it gets on those, so be it. better that than risking it getting on your tenders, it's like dunking your nuts in a deep fryer.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

It's muscle spasms! I hate this. I can walk, but only for a little bit, and I have to stand just right or it hurts like hell. I can't actually sit down for very long, which really sucks. How am I supposed to poop!?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

The forecast was kind of off, and it snowed, and I'm wearing my lovely cheap moccasins which are now wet. Stuck at work all day with cold wet feet.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Leavemywife posted:

It's muscle spasms! I hate this. I can walk, but only for a little bit, and I have to stand just right or it hurts like hell. I can't actually sit down for very long, which really sucks. How am I supposed to poop!?
I know it's not something you're really supposed to take as gospel, but maybe ask in the goon doctor about it, and someone may be able to at least provide some advice on keeping yourself from overexerting the muscle or tendon that is affected? You could take a picture of the area and color the specific location and post that, when I showed the exact stretch of my arm that was hurting, my doctor was instantly able to identify what it was. Someone in there may be able to do a quick and dirty diagnosis. Of course it's no replacement for a real doctor, but I understand you're in a bad spot financially and insurancewise.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I bit the bullet and went to the ER today. I've got a muscle relaxer, some ibuprofen, and plenty of pain. They said it was a muscle spasm, affecting my back and leg. I'm pretty much on bed rest for a while, but they said it should clear up within a few days to a week.

However, like the universe is giving me the finger, I've got a headache and feel like I need to throw up.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

I realized that going to work, watching anime and playing LoL is not life fulfilling. But neither is going out so what to do??

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Midig posted:

I realized that going to work, watching anime and playing LoL is not life fulfilling. But neither is going out so what to do??

Try baking a pie? It make your house smell really good, gives you something to do, and you can invite people over to eat it.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Already did that, just that I am making buns and only one friend coming over.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My relief is late. The person hired to replace the one who quit is not on the schedule. They were hired specifically because they claimed to be able to be on time to relieve me.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Midig posted:

You have now glimpsed the big nothing that lurks behind every corner, every granted wish, every achieved goal. Maybe you should read a book it about and see if someone else encountered it before?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've started going to my local gym to try to get in better shape, and while it's fun and satisfying to push myself a little, it results in some nasty farts in the aftermath. Generally feels great to do it though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

doverhog posted:

You have now glimpsed the big nothing that lurks behind every corner, every granted wish, every achieved goal. Maybe you should read a book it about and see if someone else encountered it before?
Also, and this is not a joke, seek therapy. A good therapist can help give you some solid goals and purpose. I have absolutely hit rock loving bottom before and after burning through about a half dozen therapists I didn't click with, I met a really good one who helped me a whole lot. There's not a lot going necessarily right in my life right now, but I'm still happy despite it, largely thanks to their help.

If you're nearing 40 and having this experience, congratulations, you've hit the midlife crisis. Don't buy a camero or motorcycle, you'll probably die.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

If I did a bunch of poo poo when I was young I would not worry about it when I was 40, if I have done it, that is good. I am afraid of not doing poo poo and then still not doing so because I would be 30-40.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

It sounds like you wanna do poo poo. Do you know what that poo poo is? Try to figure it out and then do it, or alternatively embark on a lifelong path to be able to do the poo poo which may always be out of reach, but at least you'll know what to do when you have free time.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Getting into a relationship is a start. A lot of people have done so over the years, I can ask them for advice.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

That is a concrete goal, good luck on it.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've started putting money in my savings account again because i want to build up a few thousand over the next 5-10 years, so that I can afford to go to Angkor Watt.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

BioEnchanted posted:

I've started putting money in my savings account again because i want to build up a few thousand over the next 5-10 years, so that I can afford to go to Angkor Watt.

That doesn't sound lovely at all!

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Hell dude if that's what you want go for it.

*it was my fault

doverhog has a new favorite as of 06:22 on Nov 12, 2018

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I was responding to Doverhog's thing, I know it's a bit off topic. Sorry.

K Now I have content - I made an idiot of myself in the "Why was your day lovely today?" thread :v:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
RIP Stan Lee. :smith:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Besesoth posted:

Why do I always find out poo poo like this in the most random threads?!

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Besesoth posted:

What?!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I can't find my copy of The Picture of Dorian Gray. I really wanted to reread that. :(

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
A company that I had a really promising interview with on Tuesday told me that they'd get back to me on Monday (today). It's 3:52pm, and I have heard nothing from them.

Also, a company that I wasn't even expecting to hear back from emailed me back today to tell me that one part of my application didn't load correctly and I need to resend it. :negative:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Lost my job, and plus my best friend didn't even send me a "happy birthday" text. Same day. Happy birthday to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Thin Privilege posted:

Lost my job, and plus my best friend didn't even send me a "happy birthday" text. Same day. Happy birthday to me.

Happy birthday I hope you are able to find a new job in your area of expertise