Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
literal million dollar babies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
augh

https://mobile.twitter.com/aral/status/1017113204143640582

a company that sells targeted ad campaigns designed to psychologically influence the target

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
thats the last 100 years of advertising tbqh

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

got any sevens posted:

thats the last 100 years of advertising tbqh

yeah but now you can gently caress

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

all advertising since they invented advertising has been about sex

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Main Paineframe posted:

augh

a company that sells targeted ad campaigns designed to psychologically influence the target

I can't help but have the same reaction to this as I did to the safety pin box

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Main Paineframe posted:

augh

Imagine being so passive aggressive that you would hire an ad agency to convince your family members to do things instead of just talking to them.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Main Paineframe posted:

augh

all of my favorite services have a frequently asked question called "is it legal?" and the answer is "surprisingly, yes"

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/janellecshane/status/1061364592029270016

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Class Warcraft posted:

Imagine being so passive aggressive that you would hire an ad agency to convince your family members to do things instead of just talking to them.

ROFL imagine just asking a woman to get horny so you can gently caress tonight

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Hey honey I just got off work do you mind like just diddling it a little bit so we can have a quickie before dinner

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I got my rear end up at 6 goddamn in the morning and you cant fuckin touch your puss a little while you watch the roast???

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Former DILF posted:

ROFL imagine just asking a woman to get horny so you can gently caress tonight

don't steal my move

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Former DILF posted:

yeah but now you can gently caress

tbf i doubt anyone paying for this service will actually be doing much loving

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
poo poo, me and my "hey wife you wanna have sex right now" routine just can't keep up in these modern times

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

lol if you don’t spend weeks e-gaslighting your SO to have sex with you

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i hope i don't get cyberbrain sclerosis in the next 10 years

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

got any sevens posted:

apparently two private schools in seattle are running facial recog and you have to smile for the doors to open

Found an article. Apparently the smile is for this: "After they registered, they’d be able to enter the school by smiling at a camera at the front gate. (Smiling tells the software that it’s looking at a live person and not, for instance, a photograph)."

Which makes a kind of sense, I suppose, although now I'm wondering if I could fool it with a video on a tablet of the person doing the smile.

But thinking back to how much I loving hated school, being forced to smile just to be permitted to enter... holy cow I would have resented that so much. I'm sure I would have experimented until I found some variation of a sneer that it would accept.

https://www.wired.com/story/realnetworks-facial-recognition-technology-schools/

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I wonder if dropping trou and spreading your rear end cheeks to show your prolapsed butthole would trick the computer

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
smile upside-down to signal duress when the shooter says smile to let him in.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Vox Nihili posted:

tbf i doubt anyone paying for this service will actually be doing much loving

Thank god for small miracles I guess

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Or you could just learn how to give her an orgasm every time so she actually wants to gently caress you, rather than just feeling obligated to getting another chore done.

Lol who am I kidding they'd rather keep manipulating and guilt-tripping their spouses into sexual servitude. Fire up the computer! Get those ads fuckin with her mind!

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Powered Descent posted:

But thinking back to how much I loving hated school, being forced to smile just to be permitted to enter... holy cow I would have resented that so much. I'm sure I would have experimented until I found some variation of a sneer that it would accept.

I image the ratio of sarcastic smiles goes up exponentially with the ages.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Crossposting

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

ice is holding over 44000 prisoners right now

it’s the American gestapo

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

jfc

The current CEO of 7-Eleven is Joe DePinto, a West Point grad who got the job in 2005 and has spent his tenure slowly tightening the screw on franchisees, demanding business practices that return more profit to corporate HQ at the expense of the independent operators. As the franchisees have felt the sting, they've fought back, suing the company over DePinto's policies.

volunteer troops are scum

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

At what point will your average CEO start looking at shilling out a million dollars for a single employees healthcare and say “hey maybe that crazy Medicare for all idea might be ok”

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Officers are generally speaking, the worst kind of troop over all, but Academy graduates seem to be almost universally sociopaths

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I remember reading

tranime scholar posted:

if you're ever having to defend your side by saying 'no, you see, it's not really a concentration camp..', you're probably rooting for the wrong side
and thinking that was a pretty succinct argument and a life principle that I might have to apply to my own country at some point in my life. I didn't think it would apply so near in the future, though.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

got any sevens posted:

jfc

The current CEO of 7-Eleven is Joe DePinto, a West Point grad who got the job in 2005 and has spent his tenure slowly tightening the screw on franchisees, demanding business practices that return more profit to corporate HQ at the expense of the independent operators. As the franchisees have felt the sting, they've fought back, suing the company over DePinto's policies.

the Japanese 7-11 should take over the American one

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Have a friend that graduated third in his class at west point, can confirm he is a total sociopath.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I read a good number of books in grad school about Nazism and it really depresses me they're going to be rewritten sometime in the near future with relatively minor narrative changes to adjust for the US slide into racialized fascism

like if you stop and look at the academically accepted understanding of the Holocaust we are disturbingly allegorically adjacent to the early erection of camps and their corresponding increase in incarceration (proportionately we arrest more people), which was three years after poo poo like the Restoration of the Civil Service Act, which I bet the GOP will use as a template at some point

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

got any sevens posted:

jfc

and then he just went and got his MBA and somehow went directly into executive jobs from there

must've been connected

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

the Japanese 7-11 should take over the American one

I'm not sure if :thejoke:, but Japanese 7-11 has owned American 7-11 for over a decade.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/11/business/media/nanoinfluencers-instagram-influencers.html

By now you have probably heard of influencers, that group of internet-famous people who have more than a million social media followers and can make big money by plugging various brands. And you may have even heard of microinfluencers, who do the same thing for a still sizable but somewhat smaller social media audience — from the tens to low hundreds of thousands.

Now get ready for the nanoinfluencers.

That is the term (“nanos” for short) used by companies to describe people who have as few as 1,000 followers and are willing to advertise products on social media.

[...]

“Everyone who’s on Instagram has that friend who is just really popular and is racking up ‘likes’ and comments and has great content,” said Ms. Karwowski, who defined nanoinfluencers as people with roughly 1,000 to 5,000 Instagram followers. “They’ve probably never worked with a brand before, but they’re just really good at social media.”

Companies are seeking out relative unknowns during a gold rush in advertising through popular social media personalities. But as influencers — like the 20-year-old fashion model Luka Sabbat, with his 1.4 million Instagram followers — have grown in popularity, they have started charging more. And with their success and online fame, they may be losing the homespun quality that once distinguished them from the crowd of celebrity endorsers.

“There is such a saturation at the top,” Ms. Karwowski said. “We’ve seen a real push to work with smaller and smaller influencers, because their engagement is so high and we have the technology to work with a lot more influencers now and track and measure what is and isn’t working.”

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Limiting social media use reduced loneliness and depression in new experiment

:thunk:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
We have to keep all our poo poo in a locker at this new job for Reasons and "8 hour break from Twitter" should have been listed as a benefit

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
twitter delenda est

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/eyywa/status/1062393505874620416

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU