Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Bucnasti posted:

In one of the novels they talk about the un-chaptered primaris having a blank gray shield emblem or something like that until they get assigned to a chapter.

That's a dumb joke about unpainted plastic being grey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Freebooter orcs should have the color scheme, and charisma, of the Creamsicle era NFL Tampa bay buccaneers.

Thanks I’ll hang up and listen.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Shockeh posted:

Yeah, fair. The other option was to paint them all in the colour of a Chapter, with Deathwatch pads - Thematically being an entire Company from Chapter X donated to the Deathwatch, who fight together.

Think like the Ultramarine Tyranid Hunters - A sort of... fraternity within an existing Chapter; Some kind of... Warrior Lodge, if you will.

Guilliman gave a bunch of chapterless Primaris on permanent loan to the Deathwatch, and it doesn't really say what badge they have. I'd just do a bunch of first founding pads to show their geneseed lineage.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Schadenboner posted:

File off all the nurgle ephemera, paint them in parade-ground pre-heresy colors and run them as Space Marines?

what

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Guilliman gave a bunch of chapterless Primaris on permanent loan to the Deathwatch, and it doesn't really say what badge they have. I'd just do a bunch of first founding pads to show their geneseed lineage.

Avoiding explicitly that (because I can’t stand that aspect of the colour scheme) was the original request. :v:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Someone do safety orange or yellow Death Guard, like they're ironically wearing hazmat suits

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Someone do safety orange or yellow Death Guard, like they're ironically wearing hazmat suits

There was a nurgle cult like this in Dark Heresy iirc?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Cthulu Carl posted:

This is a dude who knows how to party.

What are some Death Guard schemes beyond "Death Guard Green and bronze" or "Dirty-rear end bone and bronze"? I got my Plague Champion sub-assemblied up and want to do a bit more planning in the painting than I normally do.

The Grey Death is pretty cool:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Grey_Death

Also When it comes to the Deathwatch, the most obvious option for those chapterless Primaris would be to have them all be Blackshields.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Yvonmukluk posted:

The Grey Death is pretty cool:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Grey_Death

Also When it comes to the Deathwatch, the most obvious option for those chapterless Primaris would be to have them all be Blackshields.

They’re all Lennies and they oathed Deathwatch after killing the space rabbits?*

*: Well what did you expect in an opera? A happy ending?

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
I can't find it on the Internet, and I've since binned my copy of it, but a white dwarf from ~a year back when 8th dropped had one of the Tale of 4 Warlord guys do a extremely sweet grey and bronze scheme on his plague marines as an elite choice slot for his iron warriors.

It was so good I used it as the basis for my death guard.

No where near as good as his but I really like it for a non standard paint scheme.

Edit: oh hey I had it on my phone, here it is from WD

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Tiger Millionaire posted:

I can't find it on the Internet, and I've since binned my copy of it, but a white dwarf from ~a year back when 8th dropped had one of the Tale of 4 Warlord guys do a extremely sweet grey and bronze scheme on his plague marines as an elite choice slot for his iron warriors.

No where near as good as his but I really like it for a non standard paint scheme.

I'm always a huge fan of "Non-DG falls to rot" CSMs. These look great!

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Schadenboner posted:

I'm always a huge fan of "Non-DG falls to rot" CSMs. These look great!

They look pretty plague ridden to me? I know if I had glowing green poo poo coming out of me I'd see a doctor (or file it off).

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

richyp posted:

They look pretty plague ridden to me? I know if I had glowing green poo poo coming out of me I'd see a doctor (or file it off).

Yeah but the point is they're not specifically Death Guard Legion. They're another legion entirely but still Plague Marines.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Are the pussy suppurating :eng101: IWs going to be fielded as a DG army or as cult troops in a “vanilla” CSM?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Are there any Death Guard left who aren't Plague Marines?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Apparently the regular Chaos Lord and Sorcerer options in the book, tho that feels more like lazy copy pasting of their datasheets than a lore decision (they don't have DR).

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I don’t suppose GW has faq’d the fact that buying a demo charge for an acolyte hybrid takes away their rending claws and cultist knife?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

The Kingfish posted:

I don’t suppose GW has faq’d the fact that buying a demo charge for an acolyte hybrid takes away their rending claws and cultist knife?

Haven't seen it, but the GSC codex will be out sooner than later (probably).

Battlescribe only allows the heavy weapons guy to take a demo charge, so... working as intended?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

BattleScribe is working as written in the index, but I suspect it wasn’t GW’s intended result. We’ll find out soon I guess. Where can i find rumors about the new codex?

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

The Kingfish posted:

I wouldn't expect any changes to GSC until the codex. They're not in a good place right now, especially now that the one thing that makes you remotely competitive (cult ambush) can't be done before the second turn now.

Played against Deathskulls the other night and it was about as tedious as I'd feared with it being re-roll city. We also struggled with the new buggy rules as they have so many of them which seems out of place in this edition. The squig one has an entire page with two versions of the same weapon with three different profiles spread across two separate ballistic skills for some reason. Between that and all the goddamned re-rolls we were getting some serious 2nd edition flashbacks.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

The Kingfish posted:

BattleScribe is working as written in the index, but I suspect it wasn’t GW’s intended result. We’ll find out soon I guess. Where can i find rumors about the new codex?

There isn’t anything as of yet, aside from the Aberrant buff/new HQ that will be carried into the new book. I suspect we’ll start seeing things soon, as they’re next up on the docket as far as I know.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Tiger Millionaire posted:

I think the brightness of the... Nurgley bits make for a nice contrast. Might have to consider it.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

One or all of these:

Edit: Hey, new stuff for Titanicus. That paintjob is fuckin DOPE

bij fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 12, 2018

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Duct Tape posted:

Cross posting some Genestealers I just finished up. Nearing completion on my Tyranid Kill Team, only Warriors and Lictors to go!

Holy hell, those look good.

I really like non-purple 'nids.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
I also learned the other night that the Focus of Adoration warlord trait is pretty useless thanks to Nexus of Devotion. My Primus took a charge from a Warboss and the nearby Aberrants and Acolyte Iconwards intervened. Because Nexus of Devotion isn't optional, and outright slays models rather than pass on wounds, the entire blob got wiped. NoD also hosed me in another game due to overwatch shenanigans.

Can't wait for the new book...

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

Gripweed posted:

Are there any Death Guard left who aren't Plague Marines?

All remaining Death Guard are plague marines but not all plague marines are Death Guard.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Freebooter orcs should have the color scheme, and charisma, of the Creamsicle era NFL Tampa bay buccaneers.

Thanks I’ll hang up and listen.

Truly garish, but I couldn't live with myself lol

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I'm actually considering doing my Plague Marines as Marines Malevolent who fell to Chaos. Since if the yellow looks wrong, I can just blame it on Nurgle's rot. And having the worst Space Marines get a lesson in compassion from Pappy Nurgle is amusing to me.

Potential BFF posted:

One or all of these:

Huh, I guess that's where they got the Purge's colour scheme from.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
So GSC is bad and not forecast to get better, right?

It’s a shame, the model line is so good, and it seems like it’s gimmick/theme is fairly underrepresented.

:sigh:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Schadenboner posted:

So GSC is bad and not forecast to get better, right?

It’s a shame, the model line is so good, and it seems like it’s gimmick/theme is fairly underrepresented.

:sigh:

They're getting a codex, it's the only one not out yet. "Not forecast to get better" is woefully incorrect.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Strobe posted:

They're getting a codex, it's the only one not out yet. "Not forecast to get better" is woefully incorrect.

Sisters too. So both should improve, ensuring SM and GK are on the bottom until 9th.

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
I really enjoyed playing as the Genestealer cult in Kill Team so I picked up some more models to do some conversions on to expand the force. Here's one of the first Im working on:

I also ordered a sentinel I was planning to convert but there was a small mixup on the seller's end and I got a different model instead:

There's no way for me to use this in a genestealer cult army as-is, right? Is there something equivalent that would be a good conversion/proxy target?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I am building a GSC army/killteam and I think it would be cool if the genestealers looked more human than usual. Does anyone know of an example of genestealers painted with a sort of "fleshy" tone?

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

The Kingfish posted:

I am building a GSC army/killteam and I think it would be cool if the genestealers looked more human than usual. Does anyone know of an example of genestealers painted with a sort of "fleshy" tone?

I did my Kill Team stealers in the same colour scheme as the Neophytes (which were in turn based on the old Space Hulk colours). This meant painting the Genestealer heads and hands in the same flesh colour as their 2 armed brothers in order to avoid adding an additional colour to the mix,

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Ok so I want to add a Great Plague Cleaver to my kill team roster, and there's currently a 25% off coupon on eBay so it seems like the planets have aligned, but I'm not sure which figures I can actually put the cleaver on that aren't in the Plague Marine box, which is (obviously) only listed at a standard price on eBay. It looks like most of the Plague Marines in the Know No Fear and Dark Imperium boxes have at least one arm already molded onto the torso as well.

So my question to any other Death Guard folks is, do you know if I can arm any of the guys in the boxed sets with a cleaver? It would make life so much easier cheaper than having to buy another box of the marines straight up.

richyp posted:

I did my Kill Team stealers in the same colour scheme as the Neophytes (which were in turn based on the old Space Hulk colours). This meant painting the Genestealer heads and hands in the same flesh colour as their 2 armed brothers in order to avoid adding an additional colour to the mix,

This is pretty swell but I look at that Genestealer's pose and just think "Hope you like always being shot at."

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Grundma posted:

I also ordered a sentinel I was planning to convert but there was a small mixup on the seller's end and I got a different model instead:

There's no way for me to use this in a genestealer cult army as-is, right? Is there something equivalent that would be a good conversion/proxy target?

Nope. They can only ally with Astra Militarum, nothing else from the Imperium. I built a Tyranid knight that was kind of useable for a while in 6th edition, but has since just been a display piece in my curio.

You COULD run it as a counts as Heirodule, as that's the only Tyranid model on that sized base. But then you'd be paying way more points than a knight for a unit that is worse in every measurable way than a knight.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Master Twig posted:

Nope. They can only ally with Astra Militarum, nothing else from the Imperium.

Um what? Do you mean the character or the preceptor itself?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

DiHK posted:

Um what? Do you mean the character or the preceptor itself?

He's talking about genestealers.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yo I heard there's a model introduced in Blackstone Fortress that's supposed to be a Man of Iron? What's up with that, that's hosed up

also what's the deal with the weird alien sentinel guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Babe Magnet posted:

Yo I heard there's a model introduced in Blackstone Fortress that's supposed to be a Man of Iron? What's up with that, that's hosed up

also what's the deal with the weird alien sentinel guy

They're my beautiful metal husband and I'll hear no bad word about them. :colbert: