Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Luvcow posted:

trout being on the angels is depressing, needs a better market. and yeah betts is my boy but trout is overall so far in their careers a better player. also ohtani has the potential to be the next babe ruth but again... the angels.

If Ohtani can trade to literally any other team he can do it though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

Twenty Four posted:

They never split, they started as two separate unaffiliated leagues that joined together to become the official leagues since they were two of the biggest and best at a time when there were just a bunch of random independent leagues. The idea was to consolidate to make things more coherent and increase competition, and worked pretty well.

Completely agreed about the superior marketing of NFL or NBA over MLB. It's something that bothers a lot of big baseball fans. We are living in an age where we very well may be witnessing the best baseball player to ever live play and MLB just kinda goes "meh". They barely even try to market anyone or anything at all.

Cool, thanks for the info! I really do love baseball (a game where cheating is encouraged!? ) but yeah, MLB official is, to quote my grandpa during many a game, "bass-ackwards bean-counters".

On the subject of how best to enjoy pretty flowers in places where pretty flowers are against the law (because guys like me haven't thumped your law makers yet- and it's a comin') I would like to just non-sequatorially point out that planters, dirt, LED lights, fans, ductwork and bedroom closet doors are legal just about everywhere and can be delivered quite discreetly. More fun facts!

On an entirely unrelated note I swear that the cabbages I grow myself and enjoy in private are better than any store-bought cabbages and I rest easier knowing exactly where they came from. I think I'll go have a bowl... of cole-slaw right now!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I will join you in having a bowl of coleslaw. Fine, freshly grown cabbages are... Well, they're magical, and that's good.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
BYOB: the island of cabbage and magic.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Barking Gecko posted:

BYOB: the island of cabbage and magic.
Suddenly the beginning of Rapunzel, where the witch gets really mad at a guy stealing some of her magic cabbage, makes sense.

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

Twenty Four posted:

They never split, they started as two separate unaffiliated leagues that joined together to become the official leagues since they were two of the biggest and best at a time when there were just a bunch of random independent leagues. The idea was to consolidate to make things more coherent and increase competition, and worked pretty well.

Completely agreed about the superior marketing of NFL or NBA over MLB. It's something that bothers a lot of big baseball fans. We are living in an age where we very well may be witnessing the best baseball player to ever live play and MLB just kinda goes "meh". They barely even try to market anyone or anything at all.

Designated hitter is weak poo poo for losers.

----------------

alnilam

drilldo squirt posted:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

drilldo squirt posted:

hevnz 2 murgatroyd

by Smythe
hi I’m just changing the words of that song from don’t go breakin my heart to “don’t go raping my fart” and giggling to myself

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

hamjobs posted:

Also where the heck is Bluedeanie, we can make this a you and former yob/current bf dinner (Ceph says hi)
Oh, this sounds lovely. I’ll be in MO tomorrow evening through Thursday morning. pm sent

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Twenty Four

Luvcow posted:

trout being on the angels is depressing, needs a better market. and yeah betts is my boy but trout is overall so far in their careers a better player. also ohtani has the potential to be the next babe ruth but again... the angels.

Pretty much my thoughts, also I love me some Paul Goldschmidt and Salvy Perez, but that's more personal.

drilldo squirt posted:

I tend to agree but I like that there is a designated hitter in the American league and not in the National league. I get a kick out of interleague games where the American league pitchers get up and have to hit for the first or second time in the majors despite being a vet and look like a deer in headlights.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

:siren: YOBMEET IMMINENT :siren:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm going to file an in-person complaint with Blaise about Bo-Pep not posting the Sheep and Wool pics for the umpteenth year in a row, and then I'm going to show him embarrassing baby photos of everyone in the yob while talking about prune juice.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

hamjobs posted:

I'm going to file an in-person complaint with Blaise about Bo-Pep not posting the Sheep and Wool pics for the umpteenth year in a row, and then I'm going to show him embarrassing baby photos of everyone in the yob while talking about prune juice.

ruh roh

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

Twenty Four posted:

Pretty much my thoughts, also I love me some Paul Goldschmidt and Salvy Perez, but that's more personal.

I tend to agree but I like that there is a designated hitter in the American league and not in the National league. I get a kick out of interleague games where the American league pitchers get up and have to hit for the first or second time in the majors despite being a vet and look like a deer in headlights.

Yeah American league pitchers trying to hit are sad and hilarious.

----------------

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

TBH eating Syrian food while listening to hourslong rants about bo pepper is pretty darn close to my personal definition of heaven

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
hello

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
hi

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

that was a good joke ya made a few pages back

I really appreciated it

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Renegret posted:

that was a good joke ya made a few pages back

I really appreciated it

thanks! i like your av

Twenty Four

Nosfereefer posted:

thanks! i like your av

I've always loved your AV Renegret, it almost looks too HD to be an AV. Good accompanying text too!

Also I've always loved your name and AV combo Nosfereefer!

Cheers to both of you!

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I feel kinda bad because I can't remember who made my AV. I have no artistic talent so some wonderful people stepped up and gave it a go. It's absolutely perfect.

BoldFrankensteinMir

We should have an orphan AV reunion thread, surprising number of people don't know the story of the image they hide behind handsomely don.

It's Monday but all the bidness is in the other fella's court and I'm ahead of schedule on pro-bono. That means it's personal projects day woooooo!!! They're gettin' rare.

alnilam

Just unsealed a sworn affidavit from my waifu that i am the "best husband ever." Take that literally everyone else :smugmrgw:

Nosfereefer

alnilam posted:

Just unsealed a sworn affidavit from my waifu that i am the "best husband ever." Take that literally everyone else :smugmrgw:

well time to wrap it up, i guess

Manifisto

*examines affidavit more closely* hmmm . . . actually you appear to be the "beast" husband ever

ty nesamdoom!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Manifisto posted:

*examines affidavit more closely* hmmm . . . actually you appear to be the "beast" husband ever

rawr

alnilam

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
lol

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
finding meat in the wild to feed your growing young is pretty beast tbh

MockingQuantum

hello yobbers, i am trapped beneath two sleeping dogs and thought you all should know they are Very Good Dogs.

thank you luvcow for the sig

City of Glompton

MockingQuantum posted:

hello yobbers, i am trapped beneath two sleeping dogs and thought you all should know they are Very Good Dogs.

thank you for your service i salute you

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

alnilam

dofgs,

Farecoal

There he go

XD

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

blaise rascal posted:

TBH eating Syrian food while listening to hourslong rants about bo pepper is pretty darn close to my personal definition of heaven

Heaven isn't too far away. It's technically Wednesday and there's hookah available so just let me know if you want hookah and what flavor.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

MockingQuantum posted:

They're All Good Dogs

MockingQuantum

hamjobs posted:

They're All Good Dogs

truth. I'm now in a different room, but with two dogs and a cat sleeping on me. this is life at chateau mockingquantum lately

thank you luvcow for the sig

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

MockingQuantum posted:

truth. I'm now in a different room, but with two dogs and a cat sleeping on me. this is life at chateau mockingquantum lately

Friend, this is my life constantly. There's a cat making biscuits on my butt right now.

Stooge

Who wants to hear a true tale of horror from my infrequent series "Arse Tails" (geddit)?

No?

Ok good.

So I was at the pool. At this particular pool, there is a long line of changing rooms on either side of the pool. You could jump from a room straight into the pool if you wanted. When I was getting changed to enter the pool, I heard a female voice outside saying "Ben?". I heard footsteps walk away, so I thought nothing of it and continued to get changed. Unfortunately, as I was dropping my pants, the curtain behind me was pulled back and I see a woman, I say "oh my god", she says "sorry". I then said sorry.

I'm not sure why I apologised. I think it's because I know that if you look into the abyss that is my arse, it stares back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

Quality butt anecdotes (assecdotes?) ITT.

Maybe somebody knows this or knows where better to ask- anybody use software for remote tabletop gaming via web video or whatever that they particularly like? I'm excrutiatingly close to selling a show and if I can put together a D&D sesh with a few people from different continents it could very well seal it. But I'm overwhelmed by all the options and frankly not the most savvy guy, so suggestions are very welcome.

TIA for help with silliness. I would tell you my job isn't as fun as it sounds but on days like this it's a drat lie, I'm excited to DM strangers as essentially an interview.