Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Shoulders tend to be the least crowded slot to gamble on and then you can just convert, if you are looking to really min/max your resources spent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
Helpful hint for new players:

https://www.d3planner.com/game/51663/kadala

This will give you a good idea of "average blood shards" required to find the item as well as average number of death breaths required to find the item when upgrading. This is a good guide for deciding whether or not rerolling legendaries, upgrading, or gambling are your best bets for certain slots.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Vomik posted:

Helpful hint for new players:

https://www.d3planner.com/game/51663/kadala

This will give you a good idea of "average blood shards" required to find the item as well as average number of death breaths required to find the item when upgrading. This is a good guide for deciding whether or not rerolling legendaries, upgrading, or gambling are your best bets for certain slots.

OK, so 375 death's breaths on average to get the deathwish for my wizard...factor in my lovely luck...carry the 2...6145 Death's Breaths. Yippee.

While gambling for an etched sigil, I got every single other legendary source at least three times before I got even one sigil.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Reveilled posted:

OK, so 375 death's breaths on average to get the deathwish for my wizard...factor in my lovely luck...carry the 2...6145 Death's Breaths. Yippee.

While gambling for an etched sigil, I got every single other legendary source at least three times before I got even one sigil.

Yeah 1h swords pretty much are awful to deal with because there are so many options unfortunately.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Yeah I've been struggling to get the other Bul Kathos sword (I have an Ancient Solemn Vow) but have had poo poo luck running GRs and rifts to replace the keys. Very annoying.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Reveilled posted:

I feel like every season is one part “you’ll get one primal ancient for your set” and 2-3 parts “you won’t see anything, even a poor roll, until gr70+”. S15 PC refused to hand me an immortal templar relic (25 rare rolls to get one, it’s got a drat 1 in 3 chance of showing up ffs), S15 switch I had 100% of my build except for literally any of the defensive bits. No curiass, no unity, no halo, it was goofy as hell.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
anyone able to give me a pl to 70 on the switch version? doing this stuff via bounties is going so slow :/, want to get to the fun part of the game. I am holyshoot#3278 on discord to coordinate linking up(play times and what not). I will be waiting on a rooftop.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Nov 11, 2018

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
You’re gonna want to use your switch friend code, can’t look up people by name afaik

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

You’re gonna want to use your switch friend code, can’t look up people by name afaik

sw-4332-9992-7117

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I did four chapters of the season and it says I should get a pet as a reward but I have no idea how to claim it (on Switch)

e; nevermind, it claimed automatically.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Vomik posted:

Yeah 1h swords pretty much are awful to deal with because there are so many options unfortunately.

Chasing an In-Geom for my DH's cube and yeah... it's not going well.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
In case you guys don't know, never spend your shards on anything that cost more than x25 a pop unless you have literally everything else and you are progress blocked by the thing you need to gamble. And even then, if it is an amulet/weapons I'd just still upgrade rares and use shards for upgrades on other pieces.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is Wrath of the Wastes comically broken or can I expect a similar level of power from the other seasonal sets? The last piece just turns you into a Cuisinart.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

BGrifter posted:

Meanwhile I've found 4. Can't find any of the poo poo I need, though.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

YggiDee posted:

Is Wrath of the Wastes comically broken or can I expect a similar level of power from the other seasonal sets? The last piece just turns you into a Cuisinart.

All of the class sets crank you from "struggling with T1" to "facerolling T6" pretty drat quick.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

YggiDee posted:

All sets have ridiculous power spikes and all sets can speed farm t13 with ease. Not all sets can push past the mid-80s.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
The Hardcore thread is dead, and so too is my Wizard.
My dad decided to reset the router and didn't tell me first.

Almost had her to GR70.
Welp.

Anyone know when the new season is due?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’ll Plvl you a new wizard if you have any gear stashed up on HC.

Yeah I’ve been in denial for a while about D3, really thought a Druid Xpac was totally possible...

The coffin is being lowered

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Season is scheduled to end Dec 16.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

kingturnip posted:

The Hardcore thread is dead, and so too is my Wizard.
My dad decided to reset the router and didn't tell me first.

Almost had her to GR70.
Welp.

Anyone know when the new season is due?

Shouldn't disconnecting save your character? Or does this game really just gently caress you if you lose connection like that because lmao if true

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

The Shortest Path posted:

Shouldn't disconnecting save your character? Or does this game really just gently caress you if you lose connection like that because lmao if true

There's a short period of time between "disconnect" and "the server says "oh they're not just lagging they're offline"", for the PC version, that nearly guarantees a death if you're in the middle of a GR

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Well that blows, sorry friend. :(

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

There's a short period of time between "disconnect" and "the server says "oh they're not just lagging they're offline"", for the PC version, that nearly guarantees a death if you're in the middle of a GR

back when diablo was garbage (vanilla) i did hardcore to change it up, and my only 3 deaths were all due to lag on the server. Then RoS came out and i said gently caress hardcore forever.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Honestly going from the PC's "if anything happens at all we're going to drop you mid-session" to the Switch's "if you DC you're not getting on the leaderboard but that's literally it" is going to make it hellaciously rough to go back to PC, tbh. I'm going to be really spoiled by the ability to pause mid-play and not have to worry about moving my mouse every 10 minutes to make sure I don't get AFK'd off the server.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

I’ll Plvl you a new wizard if you have any gear stashed up on HC.

Yeah I’ve been in denial for a while about D3, really thought a Druid Xpac was totally possible...

The coffin is being lowered

I appreciate the offer, but I've got a WD (at T5 or so) as a contingency and a couple of other full sets in the stash.
It's frustrating, but there you go.

It's actually my first RIP to disconnect/lag. A bad time for it to happen, but I should have the replacement to 70 soon enough.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah in 4 years of Hardcore play, on both Ethernet and WiFi I have never had a dc death, they exist purely to scare cowards away from Hardcore.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

IMO D3 on the switch really breathes some life into the game.

It’s a great port and being able to sleep it whenever is great.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Quin has been marathoning a korean ARPG called lost ark and like many things it looks so much more interesting than diablo mobile

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

mewse posted:

Quin has been marathoning a korean ARPG called lost ark and like many things it looks so much more interesting than diablo mobile

okay

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Man DH is a lot more fun than I remember a dozen seasons ago. Tossing 100+ billion multi-shots.
Other than mobs with a teleport 1shot I feel like pushing up to 90ish is going to be fairly easy.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

stuxracer posted:

Man DH is a lot more fun than I remember a dozen seasons ago. Tossing 100+ billion multi-shots.
Other than mobs with a teleport 1shot I feel like pushing up to 90ish is going to be fairly easy.

It's not.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

mewse posted:

Immortal would probably look pretty interesting if it had taken 200 people 7 years and ₩100 billion to make.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I just did 4 TII rifts and managed to gamble three pieces of Akkhan's using the bloodshards. Went to stash them and see what other pieces I needed.

I thought my luck couldn't possibly stay so good until I went back and tried for the boots and got them first try.

I already had one piece that dropped before this.

Of course, the one piece I need now is the neck. I'm sure that will end up taking forever.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’d recommend running act 1 bounties until you get a Ring of Royal Grandeur to drop, it’ll complete your set bonus and also free up the super competitive amulet slot for you, after that grind you can farm whatever you want (but I’d recommend 2-handed swords.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Did they change bounty caches so you pick up the gold without moving while your pet is deactivated? Tried to get the Avarice conquest and kinda failed.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Star Man posted:

It's not.

90 is pretty easy with UE.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Tahirovic posted:

Did they change bounty caches so you pick up the gold without moving while your pet is deactivated? Tried to get the Avarice conquest and kinda failed.

Opena cow level on t13 with a goldwrap, avarice band and lvl50 boon equipped. You'll have your 50 million in 30 seconds or less. If you need more insurance, use a goldskin too.

You can do it on t10 too, just takes an actual, measurable amount of effort compared to t13.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Tahirovic posted:

Worked fine for me on the switch the other day.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

BGrifter posted:

Check the cube if DH can even use In-geom, unless they changed it I don't think they can equip a sword, thus you can't select it

VVV you're right, they can, looks like it's just hell to get on DH. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/4jgbxd/can_i_get_ingeom_as_a_dh/

GTJustin fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I think they can use swords and daggers. The fan of knives weapon is a sword I believe.