Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/1061989370721386496

Fuckin' lol:

https://twitter.com/FederalistPitch/status/1061990969074204672

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Shifty Pony posted:

I hadn't even considered that. I mostly saw it as a way to prevent DeSantis from retreating into the tried and true refuge of racists: being offended that you dare call them racists.

Oh absolutely! That's where the white fragility comes in 😉

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
:psyduck:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1061965651470925825

I hate this loving country.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1061993278361530369

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

Koalas Massacre posted:

Oh absolutely! That's where the white fragility comes in 😉

If you're white and haven't called out racism at least to the point where you've been called a race traitor, you gotta up your game.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Koalas Massacre posted:

DeSantis literally called him a Monkey and palled around with white nationalists. The guy is clearly racist to say "I'm not saying he is racist.." is to protect any votes he'd lose to fragility from actually calling his opponent out. It's weaselly, but in a beneficiary way.

This is all definitely true, I just figured it was some linguistic jui-jitsu so that DeSantis couldn't trot out the "I'm not a racist, how dare you!" speech that he no doubt practiced in the mirror the previous night.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
We are getting to Robocop commercials levels of reality at this point.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Hey I remember someone saying Dan Crenshaw had some terrible political positions, what were they?

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Haha I guess the Canadian govt has nothing to lose wrt worsening relations with the Saudi Monarchy at this point. It's a little sad that the official US position is to hope the daily torrent of current events will make people forgot about this.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Thalantos posted:

If you're white and haven't called out racism at least to the point where you've been called a race traitor, you gotta up your game.

Only on twitter. I laid into some local Atlanta talk radio host for signal-boosting some "NBPP supports Abrams" propaganda the weekend before the election.

He blocked me so I never go to see if he said it to me, but I am confident. Last thing he said to me before I got blocked was in response to me saying "well, I'm a white guy so..." was "No you're not!"

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The cut-rate movie announcer really makes this

E. When they said facism would return wrapped in the flag I hadn't expected this

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Nov 12, 2018

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
“Trumpy Bear” sounds like a Goofus-and-Gallant knockoff of a Teddy Bear.

“Teddy Bear shares his food with the other bears. Trumpy Bear eats all of the food himself and empties his diarrhea-ridden bowels upstream of all the other bears.”

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

This can only mean that they’ve somehow run out of enough catheter and gold ads to fill an entire commercial break.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Well that's my Christmas shopping done.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Well that's my Christmas shopping done.

Osama bin Laden was right.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The actual headline is "Canada first western nation to state in no uncertain terms what intelligence agencies the world across have been clearly insinuating for weeks"

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Also, 40 bucks seems like a lot for a plush bear but I guess I am not the right market.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Trumpy bear is a real product that is really sold but seems so very clearly an absurd thing invented to go viral and appeal to both crazy trump people and people wanting to buy it ironically. The ad seems 100% market tested to be all things someone would take straight that could also be taken as parody. Like you can also get a trumpy bear golf cover where you put the golf club in it's anus.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Wait, are they trying to equate Trump with Teddy Roosevelt? gently caress that

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

C/ping from the fragility thread because it's UsPol as gently caress

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
I send you this file in order to have your advice!

Ardennes posted:

Also, 40 bucks seems like a lot for a plush bear but I guess I am not the right market.

But you get trumpy bear AND a flag blanket!

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Koalas Massacre posted:

https://twitter.com/jules_su/status/1061882117058191360

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Hoo boy, if someone buys this for one of my kids at Christmas it is not going to be fun.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
With Sinema winning, did the GOP just gain 1 seat in the Senate?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Wisconsin (that class photo is from a high school SW WI) is going to be the bleeding Kansas of the 2020 election.

Unzip and Attack posted:

It depends on how Florida works out.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Yes, Trumpers, tell me more about how normalizing hatred doesn't lead to more hatred.

https://twitter.com/CarlySidey/status/1061828592001265664

This isn't too far from me. I haven't been to Baraboo much but I've heard stories. I hope admissions officers from every college these idiots apply to see this photo.

edit: beaten like these kids should be by KM

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Unzip and Attack posted:

Sinema is just Joe Manchin with 1 less chromosome if you think about it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unzip and Attack posted:

Currently the GOP is at +2, if you assume (as you should) that they are a virtual lock for the Mississippi special election and you factor in that they are probably more likely than not to win Florida. If they lose Florida, they're at R+1; if they lose Florida and somehow blow the Mississippi special election (which nobody at all considers likely) then we're at no net change.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Koalas Massacre posted:

And here is why

https://twitter.com/jules_su/status/1061995015206068224?s=19

The adults are always complicit.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Well of course they can't punish these tiny cherubic white children for their little racist indiscretions. They're simply too small, and too weak, and they need so much protection.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Are you sure thats not a comedy sketch? Honest question

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Casey Finnigan posted:

Well of course they can't punish these tiny cherubic white children for their little racist indiscretions. They're simply too small, and too weak, and they need so much protection.

"Just imagine what being outed as a white nationalist would do their bright futures! Who among us was not foolish in highschool?" I ask literally no one, because I don't actually want an answer.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Elias_Maluco posted:

Its an actual product for sale if you google it, and also Snopes says it's a real thing.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Koalas Massacre posted:

is it really 'ignoring' if we as a country are actively egging them on? :eng99:

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Like you can also get a trumpy bear golf cover where you put the golf club in it's anus.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Trump shoves the business end of a “Big Bertha” up his rear end for pleasure.

Your Taint posted:

This isn't too far from me. I haven't been to Baraboo much but I've heard stories. I hope admissions officers from every college these idiots apply to see this photo.

I hate the idea of doxxing kids but that picture is like a “who’s who” list of up-and-coming right-wing terrorists and abusers of women. Everyone that associates with them should know that, lest they end up on the other side of one of these dweebs’ legally-purchased machine guns.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

is the trump bear actually new? i could have sworn i heard something like this a year or two ago

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Chilichimp posted:

Sinema is just Joe Manchin with 1 less chromosome if you think about it.
I doubt she ends up being that bad. She's not going to be Elizabeth Warren or anything, but I would hope that she is not going to vote to confirm Trump nominees.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

AriadneThread posted:

is it really 'ignoring' if we as a country are actively egging them on? :eng99:

I think the really disturbing thing is the effect of peer pressure where there are clearly some of the students who have second-thoughts but aren't going to do anything about it. You don't need a majority for fascism, you just need enough of them to remain silent.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Stexils posted:

is the trump bear actually new? i could have sworn i heard something like this a year or two ago

It's not new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Elias_Maluco posted:

It is and it isn't. It's a real product but it's clearly aware it's making an absurd thing, if you watch all the ads a bunch of them have absurd elements that clearly are meant to push the tim and eric element while not alienating unironic buyers.

It's a viral video from a viral video company that sells a product out of both sides of it's mouth.