Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Steve Yun posted:

Hey I remember someone saying Dan Crenshaw had some terrible political positions, what were they?

He's a Republican.

Cursed image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

RuanGacho posted:

GOP voters think only dems cheat so because they are unable to objectively gauge the battlefield they lose.
I mean they believe all kinds of crazy poo poo. But partisan gerrymandering and things that make voting harder for people are on their face offensive to people.

Steve Yun posted:

Hey I remember someone saying Dan Crenshaw had some terrible political positions, what were they?

Dude is a true blue white supremacist.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Buddy, I got bad news about the state you're in.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

ID all these loving chuds, and make sure none of them go on to better things. Stop this poo poo early. :decorum: can gently caress off.

Also

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1062044504931344385

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Nonsense posted:

https://twitter.com/nprpolitics/status/1062025982142373892

This is very good, and I want this brought up to a vote as constantly as repealing Obamacare was. I don't mind this being the broken record issue Democrats run on during the presidential campaign either. This absurdity needs to end.

This is extremely cool and 100% what they should be using their time on.

However I assume this is just symbolic?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Deified Data posted:

They get to run against Republicans who don't support it.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

mcmagic posted:

So Florida Dems cost themselves a Senate seat because their ballot design was overly complex unreadable?

https://twitter.com/ConnieSchultz/status/1062009289429209088

The best viable 2020 candidate. I'll work for him if he runs.

I'd really prefer if he didn't. If he becomes president, then that's another senate seat down, because Ohio sure as hell isn't going to replace him with another democrat.

Maybe if he just drags the dialogue left like Bernie did and then leaves/loses, because we really need him here.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Stop worrying about what the courts will do and just do it. Force the states to adopt standards on elections or strip them of highway funding. Also even if it's symbolic with the arithmetic today, it won't always be the same math.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
This chart should scare the poo poo out of republicans.

https://twitter.com/kgyp/status/1062042122029817856

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Somebody just set some fireworks off on my college campus and straight up we all stopped and had to debate whether or not to run and if we heard screaming. gently caress this country.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Read that as Democrats at first and got really confused about how the hell I was supposed to read that janky rear end graph.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1062045654711713792

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Deified Data posted:

it's not going to pass the Senate, but it's not symbolic because it is actually a legislative priority they would like to pass. alternatively, every single bill the House passes is going to be 'symbolic' for the next two years except budgets

although the "And we're overturning Citizen's United with this bill" part is, to be charitable, symbolic. you don't get to do that that way and everyone knows it

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

It does, why do you think there's so much voter suppression?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Tibalt posted:

Read that as Democrats at first and got really confused about how the hell I was supposed to read that janky rear end graph.

I did the same thing because I was reading the graph as the top as 2018, not the bottom. I switched it when i realized i was looking at it wrong, and 2018 is the bottom of the chart.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

I'd really prefer if he didn't. If he becomes president, then that's another senate seat down, because Ohio sure as hell isn't going to replace him with another democrat.

Maybe if he just drags the dialogue left like Bernie did and then leaves/loses, because we really need him here.

Defeating Trump is more important than the Senate seat.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Can they just tie votes rights to vital funding?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Broken clock, but thanks for appointing that dipshit to the FCC so we can't do much about this, rear end in a top hat.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

mcmagic posted:

You need both to unfuck the country and win a second term.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

This originally said Democrats instead of Republicans and I was gonna say I know this thread has a monster hang up about them but no way does the data show that. Obviously just a mistake though.

I like the Asian column in particular because you can see where it dips ever so slightly into the R column in what I assume is 2014 before what must have been the entire Asian American voting bloc literally screaming "No turn left!" and swinging back even more into the D category than the Latino vote. Also the White vote even starting to shift left will loving end the GOP if the trend continues.

I also like how non-white support for the GOP is just so low at this point that the majority of the graph just has to be in blue to reflect the differences in the demographics. It's like Rock Solid D for black, Likely D for Asian and Latino and Lean R for White and yet the GOP still has like a 53-47 senate majority.

Kale fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 12, 2018

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Be safe, doggos. :smith:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1062047980671373317

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

mcmagic posted:

Sure, but that kinda presupposes that Brown is decisively the best chance to beat him.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

eke out posted:

it's not going to pass the Senate, but it's not symbolic because it is actually a legislative priority they would like to pass. alternatively, every single bill the House passes is going to be 'symbolic' for the next two years except budgets

the "And we're overturning Citizen's United with this bill" part, though, is, if we're being very charitable, symbolic though. you don't get to do that and everyone knows it

Seriously the more I read about it the more I love it. I'm not a Democrat by any stretch but this is extremely on-point, say what you will about the party passing it. It addresses so much with so little. Just...ensure people can vote. Ensure they're voting in their communities and not an arbitrary map drawn up by cynical racists. Hold the President accountable to bribery laws. These are loving basic to democracy and getting the GOP on the record as simply not wanting people to vote is gonna count for more than a simple "gotcha".

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Sure, but that kinda presupposes that Brown is decisively the best chance to beat him.

He'd be great but yeah, we can have both.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Nonsense posted:

ID all these loving chuds, and make sure none of them go on to better things. Stop this poo poo early. :decorum: can gently caress off.

Every single one of those boys is going to be voting age in 2020.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Look at all the scum in the replies white-knighting Comcast to try to dunk on some Trump Twitter intern.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Deified Data posted:

I guess that depends on how good our pattern-recognition skills are

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1061689011259944960

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Well he really only needs to give up his seat if he's being sworn into the executive branch in January 2021, so it does presuppose that Trump was successfully defeated.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

CommieGIR posted:

Broken clock, but thanks for appointing that dipshit to the FCC so we can't do much about this, rear end in a top hat.

DO SOMETHING!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Twinty Zuleps posted:

Every single one of those boys is going to be voting age in 2020.

This is why they should be named and shamed. They’re going to vote Republican either way. Other white boys need to see that there are consequences for being public Nazis.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

mcmagic posted:

So Florida Dems cost themselves a Senate seat because their ballot design was overly complex unreadable?

less overly complex and possibly more just poorly laid out

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I refuse to recognize Broward County as part of my big dumb state.

It is the worst county on the peninsula, and that's including the ones populated entirely by gator-loving, meth-cooking, swamp lunatics

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Your Taint posted:

Looking forward to it. Down with capitalism.

lol, honey, if we can't have a functioning democracy, you can't have a functioning capital multiplier.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I believe that is a true statement.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Besides being a huge congregation of chuds, does anyone actually know what's going on here?

Surely not a school-related activity, which tells me this is more of a chud hangout than a reason to jump to the conclusion that the whole class is racist.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

DynamicSloth posted:

Well he really only needs to give up his seat if he's being sworn into the executive branch in January 2021, so it does presuppose that Trump was successfully defeated.

His temporary replacement would be appointed by a Republican governor and his elected replacement wouldn't get seated until the next December.

mcmagic posted:

I believe that is a true statement.

Reasonable people can disagree here, I suppose. I think he'd absolutely have a good chance of beating him, and there are Democrats who would do worse, but I'd say that the Ohio seat is a factor worth considering given there are other viable Dems.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Deified Data posted:

Besides being a huge congregation of chuds, does anyone actually know what's going on here?

Surely not a school-related activity, which tells me this is more of a chud hangout than a reason to jump to the conclusion that kids are getting more racist.

It was Junior Prom photos.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

mcmagic posted:

exploded mummy posted:

less overly complex and possibly more just poorly laid out

their lawyer thinks that's bullshit and the recount will uncover a machine calibration error (since improper calibration apparently results in ovals filled in more faintly or not as fully not being counted).

votes counted after election night did not have the same undervote, so it'd be pretty weird if it was a ballot layout design but only people on the day-of had problems with it

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

nice. its nice to see there insane rethoric get thrown back in their faces and i am glad they could lose this.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The kids are alt right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Deified Data posted:

Surely not a school-related activity, which tells me this is more of a chud hangout than a reason to jump to the conclusion that the whole class is racist.

Junior prom group photo, and the photographer is the one who asked them to throw the salutes.

That a couple of them are doing alternative white supremacist signals shows that this is not an uncommon gesture for these boys.