Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

That's because the only good man is a dead one! :byodame:

not an emptyquote

EDIT: this is a good page topper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Thank you for the reminder not to read Something Positive.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Potsticker posted:

What I read from the comic is the only good male role model is a dead one. :colbert:
Maybe if I die I'll find one too!

God's Not Dead

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

wizzardstaff posted:

Thank you for the reminder not to read Something Positive.

The tiny unreadable font being used for novel-density pages wasn't enough?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

The tiny unreadable font being used for novel-density pages wasn't enough?

If that was my only criterion I would have bounced off OOTS hard during the trial scene. :words:

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I don't think I read the closing arguments during the trial for about 5 years or so after I started reading the comic, so not until relatively recently.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I still haven't read them. :v:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I read them in full once. That was enough.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Considering the whole joke is that they're needlessly verbose, it almost feels like you aren't even really supposed to? More like a freeze frame bonus in a movie than crucial details.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 12, 2018

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

rape jokes and the people who make them can buzz off forever

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

AriadneThread posted:

rape jokes and the people who make them can buzz off forever
:confused:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i won't blame you for not reading the something positive image posted on the last page, i know i wish i hadn't

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

AriadneThread posted:

i won't blame you for not reading the something positive image posted on the last page, i know i wish i hadn't

it's a deliverance reference

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 12, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

dreadmojo posted:

it's a deliverance reference
Which makes it not a rape joke how

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Yeah that's about where I realised 'i hate everything about this comic now, why is it still in my RSS reader'

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Endless Mike posted:

Which makes it not a rape joke how

I heard it pointed out recently how using references remains a way to make jokes that wouldn't be done in general anymore, by laundering them through referential humor. So you might not make a fat joke, but you could reference how a famous person is fat or maybe a famous line about someone being fat or some such thing. I hadn't really noticed before, but it's true, and definitely something that can trip people up.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Dolash posted:

I heard it pointed out recently how using references remains a way to make jokes that wouldn't be done in general anymore, by laundering them through referential humor. So you might not make a fat joke, but you could reference how a famous person is fat or maybe a famous line about someone being fat or some such thing. I hadn't really noticed before, but it's true, and definitely something that can trip people up.

"It's not a rape joke, it's a rape joke joke", basically?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Whoopi: Look it was a rape joke joke, but it's not like it was a rape rape joke joke

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Whoopi: Look it was a rape joke joke, but it's not like it was a rape rape joke joke
Reading this makes me feel like I'm having a stroke.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

PMush Perfect posted:

The bad news is you're dying. The good news is the last 2 3 18 years were just a bizarre hallucination of your dying brain.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Facebook Aunt posted:

The bad news is you're dying. The good news is the last 2 3 18 years were just a bizarre hallucination of your dying brain.

Honestly I’m okay with that, the last two years have proven I’m a fuckload more creative than I thought, it’s been a wild ride in a Hieronymus Bosch kind of way

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Thaddius the Large posted:

Honestly I’m okay with that, the last two years have proven I’m a fuckload more creative than I thought, it’s been a wild ride in a Hieronymus Bosch kind of way

Rip

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

PMush Perfect posted:

Please don't make a stroke joke. You're allowed to make a stroke joke joke, but not a stroke stroke joke joke.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Please don't make a stroke joke. You're allowed to make a stroke joke joke, but not a stroke stroke joke joke.

The third nun couldn't reach

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Thaddius the Large posted:

But it's affecting everyone else too. I blame the Sign of One.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Please god I hope rich is ok

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Nobody is ok.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Facebook Aunt posted:

Nobody is ok.

I'm pretty good. My quality of life is steadily improving as I become more accepting of myself and more empowered by that.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

dreadmojo posted:

Please god I hope rich is ok

We regret to inform you that Rich has had a stroke.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

AnoHito posted:

We regret to inform you that Rich has had a stroke.

Or the medical term, 'brain rape'.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Duodecimal posted:

:yikes:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Duodecimal posted:

:chloe:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Duodecimal posted:

I just got a Sending saying "This ain't it."

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

Duodecimal posted:

im pretty sure that's a spell in a 3.5 splatbook

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

the genuinely horrific nature of the charm and hold person spells is underrecognised imo.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It is. Someone once posted excerpts from an "adult" splatbook which contained a series of spells designed for doing sexy things as well as suggestions for what else you could do with spells like Dominate, Suggestion and Black Tentacles. There were multiple sex slave spells of varying power levels, and I'm like 80% sure one of them was literally named Brain Rape.

*Most of them were "wink wink nudge nudge" suggestions, but there was one oddly specific scenario of casting Command on the queen to make her start masturbating in front of her court and petitioners so you could blackmail her afterwards.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

dreadmojo posted:

the genuinely horrific nature of the charm and hold person spells is underrecognised imo.

Feel like it's recognized plenty.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It is. Someone once posted excerpts from an "adult" splatbook which contained a series of spells designed for doing sexy things as well as suggestions for what else you could do with spells like Dominate, Suggestion and Black Tentacles. There were multiple sex slave spells of varying power levels, and I'm like 80% sure one of them was literally named Brain Rape.

*Most of them were "wink wink nudge nudge" suggestions, but there was one oddly specific scenario of casting Command on the queen to make her start masturbating in front of her court and petitioners so you could blackmail her afterwards.

Whenever I'm setting up blackmail scenarios, I always make sure that the incriminating act happens in full public view.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

GROUP HUG!

Hold Person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Mindrape is an actual 9th level spell from (iirc) the Book of Vile Darkness, and since it's a broken spell you can't go two steps in the GitP forums without somebody recommending it.