Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I’m prepared to sample British wines as I adapt
to our changing climate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I live somewhere fresh water wouldn't be an issue ever except :capitalism:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

twoday posted:

The bad news is the potential vineyards will all be used for subsistence farming

But then again the kinds of crops that will be able to grow will be different too

lol if you think the rich will grow basic food staples when they can grow luxury crops and shoot interlopers

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

My uncles got a few guns so that's my first stop when things get bad

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
Yo any Irish goons gonna pop in, confused about Brexit, how it's going, asking how in the hell we still think Ireland's gonna follow us out of Europe.

Well it's my honor to present to you:

Whorelord posted:

i barely care about suffolk why would i give a poo poo about wales

Your typical Englisch voter.

They hardly care about us so there's no chance they're thinking of you, comrades.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I mean, ultimately you're all subjects. Keeping your heads down and tending to your business probably comes natural after generations of the leaders of the various rebellions/uprisings etc. etc. getting their entire family killed. Try citizen before you try comrade maybe, baby steps.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Saith posted:

Your typical Englisch voter.

They hardly care about us so there's no chance they're thinking of you, comrades.

Nah I like Scotland and Ireland, lovely countries

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

twoday posted:

The bad news is the potential vineyards will all be used for subsistence farming
Don't bet on it.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Wales is nice though when I went to Cardiff the homeless population was devastatingly depressing.
The homeless situation all over the UK is getting so loving bad. Even my fairly small town now has 3 homeless chaps on my literal 5 minute walk to the shops and the city centre is just wall to wall.

My dad used to work with homeless link and shelter and used to say you should give money to homeless services rather than the people themselves because it went further. Now he just gives money to the homeless directly because there are no services anyway.

Kill all Tories.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
There will be adequate wine.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

there will be starvation?
no, adequate food!

Surely it would be:

there will be adequate food
no starvation

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Wales is nice though when I went to Cardiff the homeless population was devastatingly depressing.
The homeless situation all over the UK is getting so loving bad. Even my fairly small town now has 3 homeless chaps on my literal 5 minute walk to the shops and the city centre is just wall to wall.

My dad used to work with homeless link and shelter and used to say you should give money to homeless services rather than the people themselves because it went further. Now he just gives money to the homeless directly because there are no services anyway.

Kill all Tories.

I've reliably heard that homeless shelters and services are often run by people who use it to take advantage of the vulnerability of the homeless and are just outfits designed to wring benefit money out of them. Give money directly imho.

a neurotic ai has issued a correction as of 16:45 on Nov 13, 2018

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

This poo poo too:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...4b0dbe871aa26f2

quote:

Offenders recently freed from prison are being pushed into poverty and tempted back into a life of crime due to a delay in receiving benefits, HuffPost UK has been told.

Prisoners cannot currently make a claim for the new Universal Credit benefit while they are in jail and have to wait until after they are released.

But with around a five-week wait to receive money, campaigners warn the system is “setting people up to fail” at their most vulnerable moment, and claim former offenders may be tempted back into criminal behaviour to support themselves.

Let prisoners out of overcrowded jails with £46 to their name and then make them wait over a month to get any help. There's no way this will contribute to homelessness or crime.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/AbiWilks/status/1061988513627947008

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bojo has realised his chance at being PM is doomed so his brother is making a play

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1062046209634897920

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

Bojo has realised his chance at being PM is doomed so his brother is making a play

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1062046209634897920

The whole family look like they were dragged out of a peat cave and foisted on the public as some sort of bizarre, horrible punishment.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

BoJo could have been US president but he renounced his citizenship which wouldn't look good if he got it back for a future run lol

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Funny to look back at the HIGNFY days when I was actually rather fond of Boris.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Jojo’s Brexit Adventure

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Zeroisanumber posted:

The whole family look like they were dragged out of a peat cave and foisted on the public as some sort of bizarre, horrible punishment.

I mean sure but he still manages to look a lot less hosed up than boris?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Imagine Stanley having to sit them both down and telling Boris that it's Jo's turn now

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1061026800879382529

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
come play my lord (NO FOREIGNS)

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

BoJo could have been US president but he renounced his citizenship which wouldn't look good if he got it back for a future run lol

Didn't he do that as a tax dodge?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

John Mcdonnell owns

https://twitter.com/georgeeaton/status/1062287442319958018

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Cadres? John McDonnell confirmed for swp entrist

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
All academy chains to be replaced by self-organising Komsomolets with integrated instructors

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

Cadres? John McDonnell confirmed for swp entrist

should use a more British term like bezzie mates

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Yay!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

his new book is really good it’s called Economics for the Many he edited it and wrote the intro

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1062289401965936640

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pumped full of Canadian Cum

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/Evan_Rosenfeld/status/1062390271395033089

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
*as a European* I think it's very funny that the deal is: let's stay in the EU lol

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
let's in the eu but we don't get to vote on any poo poo, good job britaine

coathat
May 21, 2007

Why put in a senate? Why not just abolish the lords and leave it at that

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

coathat posted:

Why put in a senate? Why not just abolish the lords and leave it at that

they can stop any popular legislation

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Jel Shaker posted:

they can stop any popular legislation
Who? The HoL? No they can't? They can send it back a couple of times but that's that

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Super Canada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Theresa May is leading Britain towards slavery, but there is a better way. If we choose, we can become an UltraFinland or a MegaKorea. Don't ask me how, you just gotta believe."