Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I remember when the first Pokemon movie came out, critics were falling over themselves to point out what a silly fad pokemon was.

Now here we are 20 years later, and they're making a live action movie with an A-list celebrity voicing Pikachu.

What a strange timeline this is.

the turning point was when a presidential candidate quoted a pokemon movie on national tv. that cemented us into the world line with much pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Lessail posted:

oh what could've been in a good world

Danny DeVito is overrated. Ryan Reynolds is a good actor and he does a good gruff Pikachu. :colbert:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Silver Falcon posted:

Danny DeVito is overrated. Ryan Reynolds is a good actor and he does a good gruff Pikachu. :colbert:

i think they're both good. my only complaint about casting ryan reynolds is that now we can't have a danny devito pikachu.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The White Dragon posted:

i think they're both good. my only complaint about casting ryan reynolds is that now we can't have a danny devito pikachu.

there can always be a second pikachu

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

The White Dragon posted:

the turning point was when a presidential candidate quoted a pokemon movie on national tv. that cemented us into the world line with much pokemon

I still remember when Margaret Thatcher quoted Elite Four Koga in her victory speech

quote:

I live in shadows -- a ninja! My intricate style will confound and destroy you! Confusion, sleep, poison... Prepare to be the victim of my sinister techniques! Fwahahahaha!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Silver Falcon posted:

I'm not sure I'd call what we heard in the trailer gruff

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

The White Dragon posted:

he plays Detective Alolan Raichu, psychic investigator

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

The White Dragon posted:

team rocket is his dad...

Plot twist: James is his mum

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lessail posted:

I'm not sure I'd call what we heard in the trailer gruff

Here, you want gruff?

https://twitter.com/ringer/status/1062099248299180032

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I named myself Lily in Ultra Moon and didn't want to redo the intro so this has been a confusing and entertaining pokemon game. I'm at 65 hours and just now on the fourth island. I checked out of Black/Y pretty early and never got more than halfway through Platinum so I'm really stunned by how loving huge these games are now, knowing that there's a bunch left and then a big post game and catching em all and etc

But boy am I getting sick of the series tradition of "easy as gently caress until you fight crazy annoying bosses that will sweep half your team unless you brought the exact right types to counter and resist them". Guzma has been the worst offender there. Especially since I'm stubborn and hate reloading to pick up a different team so I just limped through letting half my dudes die and using Max Revives until one of my Eevees gets in a critical/dodge and I barely make it

Game is good as hell

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

mandatory lesbian posted:

gently caress i just got to watch it and so help me god i want to see a pokemon movie for the first time in like, 15 years

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

precision posted:

I named myself Lily in Ultra Moon and didn't want to redo the intro so this has been a confusing and entertaining pokemon game. I'm at 65 hours and just now on the fourth island. I checked out of Black/Y pretty early and never got more than halfway through Platinum so I'm really stunned by how loving huge these games are now, knowing that there's a bunch left and then a big post game and catching em all and etc

But boy am I getting sick of the series tradition of "easy as gently caress until you fight crazy annoying bosses that will sweep half your team unless you brought the exact right types to counter and resist them". Guzma has been the worst offender there. Especially since I'm stubborn and hate reloading to pick up a different team so I just limped through letting half my dudes die and using Max Revives until one of my Eevees gets in a critical/dodge and I barely make it

Game is good as hell

Have fun with Ultra Necrozma! 8D

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
why does the hellplush aesthetic appeal to me

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://twitter.com/prozdkp/status/1062101329147904001?s=21

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V31OIBUzGcs

The Latam dub trailer is full of nothing but praise. Even towards the designs. The Latam community is every anime/game designer's wet dream.

inb4 public plaza screenings of Detective Pikachu

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

lezard_valeth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V31OIBUzGcs

The Latam dub trailer is full of nothing but praise. Even towards the designs. The Latam community is every anime/game designer's wet dream.

inb4 public plaza screenings of Detective Pikachu

We have great, and also terrible, taste

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Ryan Reynolds is a good pick for the character but man Danny DeVitto would’ve been something else

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I wanna see what Haunter and Gengar look like in that movie. Also Mewtwo

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I wish this were true but Reynolds isn't bad either

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

mandatory lesbian posted:

gently caress i just got to watch it and so help me god i want to see a pokemon movie for the first time in like, 15 years

Also this

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Cook using Charmander's tail to cook

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Macaluso posted:

I wanna see what Haunter and Gengar look like in that movie. Also Mewtwo

Man, you know what's weird? Gengar is 4'11. I always picture her as just like a foot tall, but she's like the size of a person! She could just like walk around and open the fridge and wear people clothes. Freaky.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

iospace posted:

I wish this were true but Reynolds isn't bad either

The thing I like about Reynolds is that while most other actors would be like "yeah I am voicing some stupid kid's show yellow rat", Reynolds is like "oh boi oh boi oh boi, I can't wait for the internet to see me voicing Pikachu. Screw you WB I'm releasing the trailer now!"

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 13, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Bill Murray for Meowth

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Eevee voiced by Pam Adlon (Bobby Hill)

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
One thing that's always bugged me about Pokémon is texture. They look great as cartoons, but I have no idea what texture many of them would have if translated into a more realistic/detailed style.

Maybe it's best to leave that a mystery.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Mizuti posted:

One thing that's always bugged me about Pokémon is texture. They look great as cartoons, but I have no idea what texture many of them would have if translated into a more realistic/detailed style.

Maybe it's best to leave that a mystery.

Pikachu is fluffy yet fuzzy cause his ability is Static :kimchi:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Best movie since Howard the Duck

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Man, you know what's weird? Gengar is 4'11. I always picture her as just like a foot tall, but she's like the size of a person! She could just like walk around and open the fridge and wear people clothes.

do you have any idea how hard it is to find clothes that fit when you don't have a neck

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

lezard_valeth posted:

Cook using Charmander's tail to cook

So is this movie like the Flintstones or something but with Pokémon instead? Is someone going to use a Scizor as a can opener and then it says, "It's a living!"

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The biggest question is WHAT DO PEOPLE EAT?

Are we going to see like Oddish salad? Miltank burger? Chansey eggs? :gonk::gonk:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

lezard_valeth posted:

The biggest question is WHAT DO PEOPLE EAT?

Are we going to see like Oddish salad? Miltank burger? Chansey eggs? :gonk::gonk:

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/Kaphotics/status/1061425824866304001
https://twitter.com/Kaphotics/status/1061428440794943489

This guy is doing a datamine. I figure this isn't really a spoiler since we know what the Pokemon is.

I'm still intruiged as to why they coded in an ability? Maybe a post-game unlock? That'd be cool.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Saoshyant posted:

Forget Pikachu, Jigglypuff is clearly played by Danny DeVito.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Fancy Hat! posted:

I'm still intruiged as to why they coded in an ability? Maybe a post-game unlock? That'd be cool.

Most likely in case of bank compatibility or something.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Funky Valentine posted:

Forget Pikachu, Jigglypuff is clearly played by Danny DeVito.

DeVito voicing a pissy Eevee

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Fancy Hat! posted:

the same reason they made the 3d models so loving detailed that they lag the 3ds

future-proofing

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Saoshyant posted:

Jigglypuff looks almost as freakish as Mr. Mime.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Wait a sec.

So is that supposed to be the Jigglypuff? Remember, that mic/marker was specific to one particular individual.

Does this movie take place in the same universe as the Anime?!

Or is it just a reference because recognizable character trait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

BlazetheInferno posted:

Wait a sec.

So is that supposed to be the Jigglypuff? Remember, that mic/marker was specific to one particular individual.

Does this movie take place in the same universe as the Anime?!

Or is it just a reference because recognizable character trait.

It's to appeal to thirty-somethings.