Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Wait what? Where do you even get gorilla jizz?

from jerking off a gorilla, duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Rigel posted:

Something is going on with FOX News and other right-wing sites. This isn't just sulking after an election loss, you'd think they would tweet about Florida's recount if nothing else.

https://twitter.com/MamaGr3/status/1062105614053195782

seriously this is complete #resistance nonsense

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I have so many questions that I do and do not want the answers to.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Rigel posted:

Something is going on with FOX News and other right-wing sites. This isn't just sulking after an election loss, you'd think they would tweet about Florida's recount if nothing else.

https://twitter.com/MamaGr3/status/1062105614053195782

:stare:

Fox news not posting is one thing but someone like Drudge intentionally removing all their posts is uh

E. Also the Gorilla dude is Mike Cernovich, certified crazy person that doesn't believe in date rape among other things.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 13, 2018

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

You've gotten in trouble for trying to spank someone else's kid before, haven't you?

I hate spanking actually.

That said, I am really curious where you're going with this because it sounds batshit insane.

Also I like how "make sure they know what they are doing is 100% wrong" is somehow bad..

Edit, oh you're this guy:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=471667580

Makes sense

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 13, 2018

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Not the old man, some MRA altright poo poo that's all about Hight T and calling people soyboys.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

eke out posted:

they mentioned rico, time to @ popehat about this

edit: https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1062108235358887937

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 13, 2018

not joseph stalin
Dec 30, 2008
I think, as usual, we lost the expectations battle over the senate. In reality, it was a great election. If 2020 were held that night, Trump would lose the electoral college heavily and lost the popular vote significantly. We took the house by a larger than expected margin and took 300+ state level seats -- we had lost over a thousand under Obama. We have shot at the 2020 senate, but the odds on that depends heavily on whether or not Nelson holds his seat, and recounts seldom change the results of an election. I'd say that (and Gillum) were the only real upset, though, considering how poor the senate map looked for us in general.

Anyone able to comment on how the felon re-registration will go in Florida? If Gillum loses the recount, would they be able to slow walk the implementation to 2021 or beyond to swing 2020?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

CuddleCryptid posted:

:stare:

Fox news not posting is one thing but someone like Drudge intentionally removing all their posts is uh

Actually, that's the least surprising one of the list. Drudge routinely (or at least, frequently) purges his tweet history.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

To quote Popehat "It's never RICO"

To slightly expand. RICO is apparently a super-specific thing, but any time anything that it might apply to happens, or people are willing to pretend it might (more commonly), then people start invoking the possibility.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

New flip!

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1062107949202587648

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

eke out posted:

also: the oft-cited 'perjury trap' is when you call people in front of a grand jury (or interview them) and ask them questions totally unrelated to the issues you're investigating in hopes they'll lie about that totally unrelated thing (it's actually a defense you can cite if it applies)

just lying to investigators about the thing they're investigating is not that

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1062103391780753408

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Update:

https://twitter.com/RobDownenChron/status/1062092220168314882

https://twitter.com/AndrewPollackFL/status/1061645183442472963
https://twitter.com/AndrewPollackFL/status/1061484775146323970

Leopards.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Nov 13, 2018

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Isn't there some sort of internal power struggle going on at Fox News between anchors and pundits? Maybe that's why they haven't tweeted in 4 days.

Maybe someone will go up the elevators one day and find that they have all murdered each other.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

TulliusCicero posted:

Mad about African Americans always voting dem

Thinks the Asian vote is "owned" by them

Checks out

Is this the right version of Democrats assuming they own minority votes?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Tatsuta Age posted:

aside from donnelly not losing.. how? kemp was gonna steal georgia either way, and florida is still up in the air. what else could you have wanted?

McCaskill, Bredesen, Beto

The Senate definitely could have gone better. But the fact that i was at one point worried we'd hit R+5 and we look like we're going to see R+2, maybe +1 is really nice.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

I appreciate how paralegals rank higher on the punching hierarchy than associates.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

theflyingorc posted:

McCaskill, Bredesen, Beto

The Senate definitely could have gone better. But the fact that i was at one point worried we'd hit R+5 and we look like we're going to see R+2, maybe +1 is really nice.

A year ago, if you told someone here that "The 2018 Senate class will go R+2" most people would go "That's a really good showing for dems!" because the map was just that loving awful.

2 years ago you'd probably be dismissed as being overly optimistic.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
The fact that even without incumbency Beto significantly outperformed all the loser Senate Dems except Nelson is impressive.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 13, 2018

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

enraged_camel posted:

Isn't there some sort of internal power struggle going on at Fox News between anchors and pundits? Maybe that's why they haven't tweeted in 4 days.

Maybe someone will go up the elevators one day and find that they have all murdered each other.

It's weird because it's not like they haven't posted news stories on their website or run news shows or anything, they are just totally silent on twitter.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

enraged_camel posted:

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

It's weird because it's not like they haven't posted news stories on their website or run news shows or anything, they are just totally silent on twitter.

reporters have already asked for comment days ago, they said it was some kind of 'protest' over twitter like.. not suspending people who made fun of Tucker. (i'm not kidding)

and drudge regularly deletes all his tweets

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

OAquinas posted:

A year ago, if you told someone here that "The 2018 Senate class will go R+2" most people would go "That's a really good showing for dems!" because the map was just that loving awful.

2 years ago you'd probably be dismissed as being overly optimistic.

Well, i was more hopeful because a year ago Trump's favorables were in the 30s and trending down

But yeah

Also, Beto was within 2 points, that's insane

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

eke out posted:

reporters have already asked for comment days ago, they said it was some kind of 'protest' over twitter like.. not suspending people who made fun of Tucker. (i'm not kidding)

Man I was all geared up for conspiracy and it turns out that Fox is just a damp piece of toilet paper

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

GreyjoyBastard posted:

they mentioned rico, time to @ popehat about this

edit: https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1062108235358887937

you cant spell corsi without rico

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
Have we talked about the thing I'm seeing on CNN where North Korea hasn't stopped their nuclear program

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

eke out posted:

and drudge regularly deletes all his tweets

stop ruining our fantasies plz

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
e: NVM the conversation has moved on.

Harik fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 13, 2018

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Even with R+2 in the Senate I honestly feel that if the Dems stay on message with M4A and voting rights/anti-corruption reforms we will have a greater than 50% shot, maybe more if we manage to run someone compelling.

I'm slightly nervous at the effect that overly focusing on impeaching Trump could have down the road, if they take that route. Not that it should be entirely off the table but we have very clear, popular policy concerns. The fight will be ours to lose, just like it was in 2016.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

Have we talked about the thing I'm seeing on CNN where North Korea hasn't stopped their nuclear program

in other news, the sun also set recently.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
This may be old by now, but Deutsche bank would be out of business if not for their money laundering and shady poo poo. They are 100% a criminal organization at this point.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

in other news, the sun also set recently.

I'm not surprised, but i didn't think we'd see hard evidence this early

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

You've gotten in trouble for trying to spank someone else's kid before, haven't you?

what's the story behind that av? lmao

i really wish mueller would hurry up and do something public already

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

theflyingorc posted:

I'm not surprised, but i didn't think we'd see hard evidence this early

Why would they even be shy about it now?

It’s clear that them developing missile nukes changed their standing in global politics for the better.

They are getting respect and trade done now, why would they even pretend that they are actually trying to denuclearize?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

rip stan.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

eke out posted:

probably, though my guess(more hope) is it means indictments soon. more likely is its just trump being brain hosed from the loss of the midterms.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
*bursts into thread panting ten hours late*

snorch posted:

You're welcome Arizona :smug:

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

...gently caress. :smith: At least he had a good run.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Captain America drove Richard Nixon to suicide and beat snake-Reagan up with an American flag.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

"What are you gonna do, indict me?" --Quote from man indicted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Koalas Massacre posted:

This is what you can do if a minor around you is being a Nazi: Shame them.

Shame loving works. If it didn't the KKK wouldn't have gone underground after Superman called them weirdo losers.

Shame the gently caress out them. Make it clear under absolutely any circumstances that this poo poo is not ok. Call them pathetic. Tell them they're acting like spoiled children who want to act out for attention. If applicable tell them their grandparents/ancestors didn't fight a war so they could turn into the bad guys. Name a person they admire and tell them they'd be ashamed of their behavior.

If they turn 18-20 and they're still Nazis, then punch their lights out.

This is good. Shame the 21+ crowd too, at least until it doesn't work. Then punch and often.

Bad dog! shame tax:

https://i.imgur.com/rKft30n.jpg

:)