Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Didn't hate that.

The whisperers were cool in the comics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Sulman posted:

The quotes from Angela Kang are rather Trump-esque.

Most definitely, she sounds like she's been struck with early-onset Alzheimer's. :ohdear:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

So we are supposed to believe that after 6 years the only people that changed their hairstyles / didn't get a hair cut are Carol and Eugene? And I guess the kids.

Even loving Daryl managed to keep his hair the same shaggy mess.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

welp that was even dumber than I anticipated. Judith has had maybe 15 minutes of screentime and she's already the worst character but a fuckin mile. and they're really just gonna not have Maggie in the rest of the season? lmfao

Judith is somehow allowed to just wander off with Eugene and Rosita and Aaron? Michonne is now wearing Rick's "WE DON'T TAKE IN STRANGERS" shoes? how did Carol cover every one of those people with kerosene and not wake them up? Eugene can't get Rosita to put the ladder back up, or even just tuck and roll when he lands? since when did covering yourself in mud equate to zombie camouflage?! :psyduck:

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I'm pretty annoyed at how much they have butchered where we should be in the comics. I sense TWD wrapping up by next season.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I don’t even question Carol logic anymore. I just know it’ll go “she doesn’t want to kill anyone and be alone, then she gives in and kills everyone in an over the top way.” It’s one part the show I’m okay with considering the rest.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Johnny Truant posted:

since when did covering yourself in mud equate to zombie camouflage?! :psyduck:

Hey, it worked in Lord of the Rings. (minus the mud part I guess)

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

like, goddamn i've just been thinking more about it and that episode was so loving stupid.

the lame (self?) exiled saviours have been camping out in the wilderness, by everyone they hate, and they've only now after SIX YEARS resorted to robbing them? wasting that much kerosene to just burn people alive in this dumb apocalypse should be a crime, but gas is magic so gently caress it, i guess.

Eugene and Rosita go to put up a.. signal amplifier? that just looks like... a radio? on top of some water towers that are never investigated or anything? don't they have scoutposts(hehe) to you know, notify the communities of herds like they did six years prior? why didn't Eugene just stay on top of the fuckin thing while Rosita hosed off to alert everyone?

and Michonne roles up to the newcomer group all suuuuuuuuuper salty, nameless dude #1 gets the stinkeye for merely explaining what's up, Aaron gets ripped into for covering for Judith, then Judith is just like "OH HEY IT WAS ME" and Michonne just goes all :3:

basically anyone interacting with Judith, so far, has just :3: and let her do whatever the gently caress she wants. including just playing with her father's handcannon, in the house? :wtc:

also i had a good laugh when they showed the kingdom and the hilltop STILL growing poo poo out of giant tires.

edit: also, when is the midseason finale? or is there not one of those this season?

Johnny Truant fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Nov 12, 2018

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Johnny Truant posted:

edit: also, when is the midseason finale? or is there not one of those this season?

If we are lucky it'll be a midseries finale.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Johnny Truant posted:

and Michonne roles up to the newcomer group all suuuuuuuuuper salty, nameless dude #1 gets the stinkeye for merely explaining what's up, Aaron gets ripped into for covering for Judith, then Judith is just like "OH HEY IT WAS ME" and Michonne just goes all :3:

basically anyone interacting with Judith, so far, has just :3: and let her do whatever the gently caress she wants. including just playing with her father's handcannon, in the house? :wtc:

She wasn't playing with the handcannon. The one lady knocked on the door and she was sitting on top of the steps... I think you're meant to assume she was ready for some poo poo to go down.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

JossiRossi posted:

:pray:

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

She wasn't playing with the handcannon. The one lady knocked on the door and she was sitting on top of the steps... I think you're meant to assume she was ready for some poo poo to go down.

:shrug:

surprised she wasn't just a printout of the background with a little speaker taped to her mouth

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

JossiRossi posted:

A midseries finale would imply we still have 9 more seasons of this poo poo

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Why the hell didn't the rear end in a top hat Saviors have someone on watch duty when Carol when to burn them alive?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Shitenshi posted:

Why the hell didn't the rear end in a top hat Saviors have someone on watch duty when Carol when to burn them alive?

I'm sure she silently took their guards out without waking anybody up. She is of course a Super Hero.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Female Daryl is quickly turning into an unbearable character.

"What did you do out there in order to survive?"

"Whatever I had to."

"Great answer, and absolutely no follow up questions needed for that."

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
loving watch Rick come back after the break so the premonition is still true

Rick hobbles in and tells people they didn't heed the rules of walking dead world

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
You just can't apply rational thought to the show. The writers sure don't. The 6 year time skip is legit hilarious. We're meant to believe nobody important died and barely anyone changed in 6 years except Maggie just disappeared and it didn't even come up once. And also that 8 year old girls can shoot revolvers without breaking their wrist. Etc etc etc

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

She's apparently a preteen so they can't do math, either

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Johnny Truant posted:

It's Rick, but :3:er

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Ego-bot posted:

Female Daryl is quickly turning into an unbearable character.

"What did you do out there in order to survive?"

"Whatever I had to."

"Great answer, and absolutely no follow up questions needed for that."

Funny how everything that was important to Rick (unity, the bridge, asking newcomers ~the two questions~, Coral's legacy of being welcoming) has just been thrown away without looking back.

I honestly expected someone to be like "how many walkers have you killed...how many people?" but it never happened. Instead, nearly a decade after civilization's collapse, people still care and wax nostalgic about :turianass: life before :turianass: like any of that matters now unless you were a surgeon...
:nallears:

Johnny Truant posted:

She's apparently a preteen so they can't do math, either

:woop: "Everybody hates the kid actors on our show and we've finally gotten rid of them all via deaths/timejump!"
:hmmyes: "Wonderful...now...let's make an even younger child the main character and leader."
:golfclap: "I say!"
:dance: "Smashing!"
:bravo: "Brilliant!"

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I honestly expected someone to be like "how many walkers have you killed...how many people?" but it never happened.

I think everyone was expecting that, so they didn't do it, but it'll probably come up somehow l8r

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Spellman posted:

I think everyone was expecting that, so they didn't do it, but it'll probably come up somehow l8r

flashback episodes, duh

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

:woop: "Everybody hates the kid actors on our show and we've finally gotten rid of them all via deaths/timejump!"
:hmmyes: "Wonderful...now...let's make an even younger child the main character and leader."
:golfclap: "I say!"
:dance: "Smashing!"
:bravo: "Brilliant!"

and i mean, like people have said, this child actor isn't good. i know someone else mentioned the Haunting of Hill House as a parallel, but jesus this is just embarrassing not even comparing it to another show with competent child-actors/actresses

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

precision posted:

You just can't apply rational thought to the show. The writers sure don't. The 6 year time skip is legit hilarious. We're meant to believe nobody important died and barely anyone changed in 6 years except Maggie just disappeared and it didn't even come up once. And also that 8 year old girls can shoot revolvers without breaking their wrist. Etc etc etc

Also, I pretty sure decaying human corpses, even ones that are somehow reanimated, would have decayed into piles of now evaporated goo and bones.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah it's like, good child actors are hard to find but far from impossible. Imagine if Judith were played by Let Me In era Chloe Grace Moretz. Hell even Anthony's little sister in Bottle Rocket, a bit part in a film with a budget of like 5 minutes of this show's budget, is so much better than Judith. It's like she's being played by some kid who just wandered into the set without having been coached beforehand.

It legit makes almost no sense unless she's somebody's relative

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Johnny Truant posted:

and i mean, like people have said, this child actor isn't good. i know someone else mentioned the Haunting of Hill House as a parallel, but jesus this is just embarrassing not even comparing it to another show with competent child-actors/actresses

I wouldn't say this kid is a bad child actor, it's just a loving stupid character. You could put Gary Oldman in a wig with shoes on his his knees and it would still suck.

Hopefully Aaron gets sick of kowtowing to the brat after all he's done for Alexandria and shanks her.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
How are you guys surprised by Judith having inconvenient children in the zombies pocalypse has been evident from the first scene of the first episode
As soon as Rick looted saved a live baby last season instead of some machine guns you should know the direction it's trying to push the narrative.

Agreed Eugens character was all over the place

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Sjs00 posted:

How are you guys surprised by Judith having inconvenient children in the zombies pocalypse has been evident from the first scene of the first episode
As soon as Rick looted saved a live baby last season instead of some machine guns you should know the direction it's trying to push the narrative.

Agreed Eugens character was all over the place

Dude, put down the bottle. TWD is not worth it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tortuga posted:

I wouldn't say this kid is a bad child actor

I would

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

precision posted:

Judith is already the worst part of this show and that is saying a lot

Good child actors exist there is no excuse here

She is so so so bad. Shoulda kept Carl. Or at least any of the great child actors out there, Lizzy was so much better then whatever Judith is.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I have to say the casting of grown up umm... Carol's idiot adoptee is really good. Looks a lot like the original kid. Too bad the character is still dumb as hell.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

JossiRossi posted:

I have to say the casting of grown up umm... Carol's idiot adoptee is really good. Looks a lot like the original kid. Too bad the character is still dumb as hell.

The older version's actor is the older brother of younger dumber Henry. And they're both younger brothers of Sophia's actress

I wonder what dirt that family has on AMC...

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I don't want to even look at the actual episode, just some clips on the web will have to suffice.

Did they just introduce like 5+ new characters into this show? This show that already had a cast of 3000 people who all get a second at most each per episode? Bold move. If I really reminisce then there's... 12+ interchangeable badasses right now? Like, when is the last time Tara or Rosita or Teh Gay or Jesus or anyone besides Rick, Darl and Carol had anything to do or say? Are they even in the show anymore?

Also lol at no one aging a day during this 6 year timeskip. Darl still wearing the same lovely rags but now he has some poncho to make him even more cool and mysterious. He is about at the point in his transformation into an anime where he might as well gel up his hair Goku style and practice ninja moves in a dojo. Speaking of aging, is Michonne's kid supposed to be like 5+ years old? Did he exist before the time skip? I mean, I guess I can believe it but idk, the kid was just running in his pyjamas, goofing off. Seemed more like a 3 year old.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Gortarius posted:

I don't want to even look at the actual episode, just some clips on the web will have to suffice.

Did they just introduce like 5+ new characters into this show? This show that already had a cast of 3000 people who all get a second at most each per episode? Bold move. If I really reminisce then there's... 12+ interchangeable badasses right now? Like, when is the last time Tara or Rosita or Teh Gay or Jesus or anyone besides Rick, Darl and Carol had anything to do or say? Are they even in the show anymore?

Also lol at no one aging a day during this 6 year timeskip. Darl still wearing the same lovely rags but now he has some poncho to make him even more cool and mysterious. He is about at the point in his transformation into an anime where he might as well gel up his hair Goku style and practice ninja moves in a dojo. Speaking of aging, is Michonne's kid supposed to be like 5+ years old? Did he exist before the time skip? I mean, I guess I can believe it but idk, the kid was just running in his pyjamas, goofing off. Seemed more like a 3 year old.

Should be 5 and change, presumably is Rick and Michonne's kid. But maybe he is from the "constantly alluded to mysterious event that shaped all our actions to this day but we only reference obliquely".

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

:agreed:

Also did my episode or something cut out, I definitely didn't see Michonne having a kid other than Judith?

I don't think I was high enough to green those scenes out, but maybe it was so bad I just had a seizure

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Man...

Guys, remember in like season 3 or whatever when they first introduced Michonne and she ambushed Merle's goons by jumping down from a tree with a katana, then ran back into the bushes like an anime badass? Am I losing my mind or did that really happen?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
What's the current frontrunner theory for how Michonne got that scar

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Gortarius posted:

Man...

Guys, remember in like season 3 or whatever when they first introduced Michonne and she ambushed Merle's goons by jumping down from a tree with a katana, then ran back into the bushes like an anime badass? Am I losing my mind or did that really happen?

Yeah I made a gif of it a few months ago

She also spelled out something in body parts to get their attention

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Obviously it's the prison tattoo.

e: News flash, Rick knew the whole time.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 13, 2018

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

precision posted:

What's the current frontrunner theory for how Michonne got that scar

She was doing katana training with Judith.

Is this show even worth hatewatching anymore? I feel like the spark just isn't there anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/CX2die4.gifv