Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

who the gently caress is this lunatic and why does he have so many loving Likes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Otteration posted:

This is good. Shame the 21+ crowd too, at least until it doesn't work. Then punch and often.

Bad dog! shame tax:

https://i.imgur.com/rKft30n.jpg

:)

It’s actually super frustrating how shaming is looked down upon in academia, where they should know better.

Even in my gender studies class, the super feminist professor was against public shaming as a deterrent against bigoted behaviors.

It was one of the weirdest things to have an incredibly liberal teacher and class all agree that it’s inappropriate to be mean to straight up white supremacists, and we should be reaching out with kindness only.

Although this was a year before the 2016 election. The ensuing 2 years of open fascism may have changed her stance on coddling Nazis.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

DLC Inc posted:

This guy's daughter died at Stoneman Douglas, and when Trump did jack poo poo about gun control, he licked his boots and praised him about not doing anything to stop more children like his daughter getting shot.

Dude is a loving mess, prioritizing his love of the Great Orange One and guns over his dead loving daughter

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

DLC Inc posted:

He's the father of a Parkland victim. He was full on MAGA before and has been a full on MAGA poster boy ever since then presented as the "silent majority" to counter the Parkland kids.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

So was his daughter the only real kid at the school and the rest were crisis actors or what exactly went down that day

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Pollack

"He believes that bulletproof glass, metal detectors, enhanced door lock systems, ID checkpoints, and "school marshals" can help prevent school shootings."

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
https://twitter.com/PoliticsReid/status/1062133704229863426?s=20

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

turns out that if you're a moron before your relative was killed you're still a moron after.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1062129600912855047

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Otteration posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Pollack

"He believes that bulletproof glass, metal detectors, enhanced door lock systems, ID checkpoints, and "school marshals" can help prevent school shootings.["

I mean if we lock down schools so they're like court houses or prisons that probably would all but eliminate school shootings.

That being said it is, after a few seconds of thought, an absolutely asinine position that would never actually work in reality and would be hell for the kids trying to learn and socialize in that environment.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Groovelord Neato posted:

turns out that if you're a moron before your relative was killed you're still a moron after.

Especially if folks like Trump, Scott, and the NRA scoop you up and encourage your bad ideas to use you as a political tool.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rigel posted:

Something is going on with FOX News and other right-wing sites. This isn't just sulking after an election loss, you'd think they would tweet about Florida's recount if nothing else.

https://twitter.com/MamaGr3/status/1062105614053195782

It's the deep clench before the unfurling of the Cheeto Sky.

Also Fox's twitter is in a blanket lockdown from tweeting in protest over Tucker Carlson's door getting kicked... at. That's what their deal is.

No idea bout the others tho...

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

I loving hate that pathetic little toady jerkbag.

Reminder he gets NRA money to basically advocate for them to younger people.

Literally profiting off your brother and his other elementary students' deaths to "own the libs."

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/PaulaReidCBS/status/1062134787526266880

Gonna laugh when this illegally appointed chucklefuck also has to recuse himself

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

Also Fox's twitter is in a blanket lockdown from tweeting in protest over Tucker Carlson's door getting kicked... at. That's what their deal is.

Is that supposed to discourage people from bothering Tucker Carlson?

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Gonna laugh when this illegally appointed chucklefuck also has to recuse himself

Ha, neat. I'd love to see this suckup lackey follow the path of his poo poo Elf predecessor and take the job only to find himself publicly harassed until driven out.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

RasperFat posted:

It’s actually super frustrating how shaming is looked down upon in academia, where they should know better.

Even in my gender studies class, the super feminist professor was against public shaming as a deterrent against bigoted behaviors.

It was one of the weirdest things to have an incredibly liberal teacher and class all agree that it’s inappropriate to be mean to straight up white supremacists, and we should be reaching out with kindness only.

Although this was a year before the 2016 election. The ensuing 2 years of open fascism may have changed her stance on coddling Nazis.

Against Nazis, yep shame all the time when adults are in charge, but remembering middle school kinda makes me want to rethink it as a universal solution to all ills.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The Glumslinger posted:

"After consulting with legal experts Brett Kavanaugh, Rudy Guiliani, and Dennis Denison, I have concluded that I am not legally obligated to recuse myself. Furthermore, everything Trump's tweets is now law, the Democratic party is outlawed, and Marbury VS Madison is unconstitutional."

"Any state that wants to nullify these laws has the absolute right to do so."

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

The Glumslinger posted:

i can't see this as anything but backing down on the likely necessity of recusal - until today they've just outright refused to admit it's even a possibility

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The Glumslinger posted:

well all his laundry(and probably more stuff coming) has been outed. he might be a dumb shithead but he wants a job after this. no one wants to be the bork for trump.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Florida Betty posted:

It's... amazingly dumb. Apprently they've ordered their entire on air talent roster to stop tweeting in solidarity, only for the blackout to be broken by Tucker himself because he couldn't help himself but bitchpiss about it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Florida Betty posted:

the nypd of Twitter

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

TulliusCicero posted:

This guy's daughter died at Stoneman Douglas, and when Trump did jack poo poo about gun control, he licked his boots and praised him about not doing anything to stop more children like his daughter getting shot.

Dude is a loving mess, prioritizing his love of the Great Orange One and guns over his dead loving daughter

Help me, I'm sympathizing with chuds. I kind of feel for the guy because there had probably been a horde of right wing people putting a pressure cooker on him because they smelled a chance to get a victim on their sides, even if it is just one dude. He obviously is responsible for his own actions, but bluh

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Dapper_Swindler posted:

well all his laundry(and probably more stuff coming) has been outed. he might be a dumb shithead but he wants a job after this.

There's always more room on the wingnut welfare train. He'd be just fine on his new Fox show.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

Help me, I'm sympathizing with chuds. I kind of feel for the guy because there had probably been a horde of right wing people putting a pressure cooker on him because they smelled a chance to get a victim on their sides, even if it is just one dude. He obviously is responsible for his own actions, but bluh

nah this guy sucks. The same can be said about Kyle Kashuv who was a Parkland survivor but went the opposite route of the other kids and is borderline a loving Ben Shapiro clone right down to the "FACTS NOT FEELINGS" rhetoric. it's unfortunate that kid's brain got broken but they can't all be winners I guess

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1062086027819540480

literally a Ben Shapiro bootlicker

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

CuddleCryptid posted:

He suffered a tragedy and is almost certainly still grieving and people took advantage of his grief for their own political goals. Its totally good to sympathize and see him as a victim in that.

But he's also responsible for his own actions and was a MAGA guy before his daughter died. So like, he can be a victim AND an rear end in a top hat. People are complicated and our feelings towards them can be complicated too.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

DLC Inc posted:

nah this guy sucks. The same can be said about Kyle Kashuv who was a Parkland survivor but went the opposite route of the other kids and is borderline a loving Ben Shapiro clone right down to the "FACTS NOT FEELINGS" rhetoric. it's unfortunate that kid's brain got broken but they can't all be winners I guess

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1062086027819540480

literally a Ben Shapiro bootlicker

Kashuvs brain broke completely.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

The Glumslinger posted:

Hoping somebody started the Scaramucci stop watch on him.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Otteration posted:

Hoping somebody started the Scaramucci stop watch on him.

Someone said on MSNBC on Friday that a Whitaker was going to replace a Scaramucci as a measurement of brief time.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Katt posted:

Kashuvs brain broke completely.

His brain didn't break, he was a Ben Shapiro fan before that. I doubt the shooting affected him, it's just a launchpad for conservative welfare.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

I know it's inevitable that people who grew up in the first wave of Very Online people will become national political figures, but it still feels... weird. I'm not mentally ready for politicians who can speak fluidly about MMOs, Something Awful, etc.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ague Proof posted:

His brain didn't break, he was a Ben Shapiro fan before that. I doubt the shooting affected him, it's just a launchpad for conservative welfare.

Yeah, his dad had been molding him into Shapiro 2.0 long before this and he helicopter dad'ed him into conservative grift fame off the backs of his schoolmates' corpses.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

nine-gear crow posted:

Someone said on MSNBC on Friday that a Whitaker was going to replace a Scaramucci as a measurement of brief time.

scaramucci got canned before he even officially started

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I know it's inevitable that people who grew up in the first wave of Very Online people will become national political figures, but it still feels... weird. I'm not mentally ready for politicians who can speak fluidly about MMOs, Something Awful, etc.

The alternative are people who can afford to clean their online presence, aka the already rich and powerful.

I guess I'm saying vote for Goons.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

not joseph stalin posted:

We have shot at the 2020 senate, but the odds on that depends heavily on whether or not Nelson holds his seat
I thought the big differentiator there was whether Sinema won? Dems are -3 now, not -4.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

foobardog posted:

The alternative are people who can afford to clean their online presence, aka the already rich and powerful.

I guess I'm saying vote for Goons.

reforming the us government is the ultimate goon project

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

I thought the big differentiator there was whether Sinema won? Dems are -3 now, not -4.

They're -2. McCaskill, Donnelly, Heitkamp, and Nelson* lost - Rosen and Sinema won.

*Almost certainly

If the ultimate million in one miracle happens and Nelson wins the recount and Espy wins in Mississippi, we're back to where we were before.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

kidkissinger posted:

reforming the us government is the ultimate goon project

at least the wiki will get made

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I mean if we lock down schools so they're like prisons.

Edited your post for the obvious right wing platonic distilled divine essence of truth. Cause science and lernin bad.

Also guns are orgasmicly good, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/CREWcrew/status/1062049955374919681