Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Coi...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Eugene now kind of looks like the Governor used to.

Gortarius posted:

Man...

Guys, remember in like season 3 or whatever when they first introduced Michonne and she ambushed Merle's goons by jumping down from a tree with a katana, then ran back into the bushes like an anime badass? Am I losing my mind or did that really happen?

Remember original Michonne who was nothing by a silent supernaturally gifted warrior that was emotionally distant and brooding? It prompted my favorite response from black reviewers on any television show ever:

"The world ends and white people still get all the dialogue."

precision posted:

What's the current frontrunner theory for how Michonne got that scar

Danai Gurira asked for some character development not tied to unlikable fucks such as Rick and the writers, hating all things holy, marked her to send a message to the rest of the cast.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
You guys will be so mad when Judith gets into a gunfight and is just loving Mcgree on shitheads

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Go Back.

They'll never do anything cool like that scene again... no more biting throats out, no more stuck in revolving door deaths.. and Maggie is just gone now? I'm sure they'll wait till next season to explain that one. The Rosita & Gabriel relationship makes no sense either. Judith actress is lame, everyone just lets her do whatever because she's Judith I guess? Nevertheless, I can't stop watching this dumb show.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

precision posted:

What's the current frontrunner theory for how Michonne got that scar

She gave Negan a kidney

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Successful tv shows used to go for longer than 2-3 seasons. Some went in excess of ten. People liked them. Its possible Mr. Spock.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

precision posted:

TWD literally stealing Z Nation plot beats now lmao noice

Wouldn't even be the first time, it's happened like 3 or 4 times before. Anyone remember the Zombie Tornado? Zomnado? Z-Nation did it first, and better.

precision posted:

Season 4 was imo the weakest Z Nation season but so far 5 has been the best

ZOMBALL

Agreed about season 4. I'm digging season 5, but I don't know if I want to call it their best. The whole talking zombie thing combined with being a post, post, post apocalyptic wasteland (Zombie apocalypse, nuclear apocalypse, black rainbow apocalypse, hell, i'm probably missing one) just has Fallout written all over it. I can't help but compare Talkers to friendly ghouls.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
You know I didn't think about it before but yeah Z Nation is basically Fallout: the TV Show now only without the 50s fetish.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Haha that terrible CGI of her falling.

Also can we find some way to get Merle back on the show? Just have him say he got better or something.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I don't think the actor for Judith is that bad. I think the lovely writing that has been going in to the show isn't something a child actor could possibly save. Even if you brought in some experienced actor and gave them those lines and those scenes, it would be terrible.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Codependent Poster posted:

Haha that terrible CGI of her falling.

Also can we find some way to get Merle back on the show? Just have him say he got better or something.

Merle's actor was on Talking Dead a couple weeks ago so maybe his twin brother Berle will be showing up

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Am I the only one that never liked post s2 Hershel?

Like the guy was pious and all but he didn't come out as a wisdom type of person to me, but then from s3 onwards it was so obvious that they were making him into a replacement Dale it was jarring and robbed me of any emotional impact from both his "save all the ill" plot and death.

I'm asking cause lot of reactors seemed to be moved by his return to CGI farm while Rick was tripping

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

lezard_valeth posted:

Like the guy was pious and all but he didn't come out as a wisdom type of person to me, but then from s3 onwards it was so obvious that they were making him into a replacement Dale it was jarring and robbed me of any emotional impact from both his "save all the ill" plot and death.

I'm asking cause lot of reactors seemed to be moved by his return to CGI farm while Rick was tripping

My dude, the reactors are moved to tears by everything. I personally can't even really remember what Herschel was like in S2. He was kinda dumb and thought he could cure the zombies in his barn? Compared it to AIDS or something like that?

Now, to be fair, he almost did cure the entire zombie epidemic with his infinite ammo shotgun.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

lezard_valeth posted:

There must always be a Dale in Winterfell.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

lezard_valeth posted:

Scott Wilson died a few months ago: people were probably crying because he was there at all. :shrug:

I was surprised to see it looked like they actually filmed something and didn’t just Proximo his head onto a body-double...

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Scott Wilson died a few months ago: people were probably crying because he was there at all. :shrug:

Oh I didn't know this

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
OTOH, he deserved better than The Walking Dead Season 8

or 9

it doesn't matter

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

OTOH, he deserved better than The Walking Dead Season 8

or 9

it doesn't matter

:smith:
pretty much

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Sjs00 posted:

Successful tv shows used to go for longer than 2-3 seasons. Some went in excess of ten. People liked them. Its possible Mr. Spock.

Also, Star Trek TOS lasted 3 seasons

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

precision posted:

Merle's actor was on Talking Dead a couple weeks ago so maybe his twin brother Berle will be showing up

Can they just do like Smallville did and have his brother Henry Merle show up and say "Call me Merle" and that can take care of that?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Or maybe Daryl's just gonna hallucinate more

Hey how come nobody in this apocalypse is eating shrooms 24/7? Or ever? I mean there's no TV and a lot of downtime and shrooms are actually not that hard to find or grow

Hell after the 6 year time skip there should be fields of tobacco and weed too

These survivors are so drat puritan.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Reminder: they thought they had to go to the Smithsonian to get seeds for regular vegetables

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

merle, his brother daryl and his other brother daryl

then shane wakes up from a dream.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Michonne was suspicious of a tattoo but not the kid who claims he's been drifting and somehow maintaining a grade 2 back and sides with perfect fade, and the two girls with on-point eye liner and a curling iron somewhere.

smh you hosed up Michonne.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Khablam posted:

Michonne was suspicious of a tattoo but not the kid who claims he's been drifting and somehow maintaining a grade 2 back and sides with perfect fade, and the two girls with on-point eye liner and a curling iron somewhere.

smh you hosed up Michonne.

The 'music teacher' might be a cannibal. He's pretty chunky for someone 8 years into the apocalypse. But the weirdest thing to me is that Negan has had the best situation out of anyone.
Last time we saw Negan he wanted to die / kill himself.
Six years on, he now also has a nice neat haircut and trimmed beard. He's protected from zombies in a heavily fortified room. He doesn't have to do any work or contribute at all and people just bring him food and I guess housekeeping keeps his room clean. People come by and sit and have conversations with him, as if he isn't a sadistic serial killer.

I hope he doesn't have some kind of redemption arc where they Release The Negan to deal with an external threat. What I'd really love to see is the Scott Evil solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xAMYHJYesM

Just give me a gun. We'll shoot him together, it'll be fun.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I forgot to say that I love how 98% of the plot from the first 5 episodes is now completely irrelevant.
You have literally gained nothing from watching those episodes, the show is fully in Poe's law territory right now.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Soo zombies can talk now? Those who read the graphic novels, is that a thing?

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Astrofig posted:

Soo zombies can talk now? Those who read the graphic novels, is that a thing?

comic spoiler:

They aren't walkers, they are a group of survivors called The Whisperers who clothes themselves in dead skin and emulate the walkers in order to move with them and also direct herds when they feel like it. It's why Eugene commented that something moved the herd off their course last episode.If they talk in a low growl/whisper like that, the walkers pay them no mind.

They are also a huge threat in the comics, they have more members than all 3 of the main communities combined.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Khablam posted:

I forgot to say that I love how 98% of the plot from the first 5 episodes is now completely irrelevant.
You have literally gained nothing from watching those episodes, the show is fully in Poe's law territory right now.

Not only that, there is not one central character who has a story we are following. There's a bunch of secondary characters who are doing their own thing.
And as a former zombie, IMO if zombies can now talk the show should pivot and give us their point of view!

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
As a fan of the comic, they did a time jump after the war with the Saviors there too, of a couple years. It worked there though because they only did one jump and it was a logical story progression to have a few prosperous (IE boring) years after eliminating/co-opting the biggest threat in the area.

The show really had zero reason to do two time jumps. None of the things that happened in the first five episodes needed to take place anywhere but in the immediate aftermath of the war. And like the poster above said, they were totally pointless.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Also LOL forever that they got rid of Carl because he looked too old when they were a few episodes away from a five year time jump. Teenage Carl is almost the central character of the comics after the time jump and it looks like they will do his storyline with Henry instead?

franchise1
Jun 5, 2006
Before I googled talking zombies I was so confused why Eugene was speaking with the comedy gruff voice while sat in the mud.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Also LOL forever that they got rid of Carl because he looked too old when they were a few episodes away from a five year time jump. Teenage Carl is almost the central character of the comics after the time jump and it looks like they will do his storyline with Henry instead?

I think that was more because the actor wanted to leave.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

i for sure thought coral's actor was super salty about his exit from the show? i know he wanted to go to college or something like that but i thought he wasn't trying to bail

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah he had talked about it for the future but gimple apparently just told him he was gonna die this episode with no warning

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Also, Star Trek TOS lasted 3 seasons

And like a dozen long movies

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
hi is Rick dead yet

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The Walrus posted:

hi is Rick dead yet

lol

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Walrus posted:

hi is Rick dead yet

No, Rick Ascended into the clouds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Nah, Gimple had actually told him that he would have at least 3 more years on the show so he bought a house in Georgia and delayed his plans for college to accommodate the filming schedule. Gimple then changed his mind and killed him off just a few months later lol. Chandler Riggs was bummed, but professional about it. His dad was furious though and put both Gimple and AMC on blast for it.