Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Ague Proof posted:

They're -2. McCaskill, Donnelly, Heitkamp, and Nelson* lost - Rosen and Sinema won.

*Almost certainly

If the ultimate million in one miracle happens and Nelson wins the recount and Espy wins in Mississippi, we're back to where we were before.
Better than before, because the next round of elections is 2:1 Republican seats that must be defended. In an election year for a historically unpopular, nominally Republican president.

DarkHorse fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Otteration posted:

Hoping somebody started the Scaramucci stop watch on him.

If he does recuse himself he's toast. Trump will never forgive him and I would not be shocked if he was fired within a day or so of recusing (or more likely just replaced by another goon using the vacancies act).

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Otteration posted:

Hoping somebody started the Scaramucci stop watch on him.

I'd bet the consultation is just for show so they could say they care about ethics, etc, then just not do it anyway.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

you don't fool me lee carter! i know you're lurking here somewhere!! (probably cspam)

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ague Proof posted:

The fact that even without incumbency Beto significantly outperformed all the loser Senate Dems except Nelson is impressive.

Nelson hasn't lost yet.

Stan Lee didn't write that, Peter Gillis did.

If you want to thank Stan Lee for something, thank him for stopping Steve Ditko from turning Spider-Man into an objectivist prick, and either making the character utterly unreadable, or, worse, encouraging even more insufferable little shits to think like that.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

oh, and i'd like to post a salute to our brave slave firefighters while i'm still here

https://twitter.com/CACorrections/status/1024439641221419008

:patriot:

edit: and an extra salute to the 58 child-slaves currently fighting the deadly CA blazes :patriot:

Condiv fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 13, 2018

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Your Taint posted:

I'd bet the consultation is just for show so they could say they care about ethics, etc, then just not do it anyway.

Trouble is the house committee already said that they are going to drag his rear end in for questioning and there's no way they also don't subpoena that ethics report and recommendation and whoever conducted t.

So whoever they get to whip up a fake report better be willing to go to jail for lying to Congress.

Edit: or be sufficiently gullible to believe Trump would pardon them.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Shifty Pony posted:

Trouble is the house committee already said that they are going to drag his rear end in for questioning and there's no way they also don't subpoena that ethics report and recommendation and whoever conducted t.

So whoever they get to whip up a fake report better be willing to go to jail for lying to Congress.

Edit: or be sufficiently gullible to believe Trump would pardon them.

yeah and no career ethics official is going to be able to avoid putting things in writing here lol

i bet he doesn't get fired, we just get a much earlier nomination of an actual AG than their original plan was

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Condiv posted:

oh, and i'd like to post a salute to our brave slave firefighters while i'm still here

https://twitter.com/CACorrections/status/1024439641221419008

:patriot:

edit: and an extra salute to the 58 child-slaves currently fighting the deadly CA blazes :patriot:

Holy poo poo how is this even legal, like I knew prisoners performed menial jobs for no pay but fighting loving fires??

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Fulchrum posted:

Nelson hasn't lost yet.

Stan Lee didn't write that, Peter Gillis did.

If you want to thank Stan Lee for something, thank him for stopping Steve Ditko from turning Spider-Man into an objectivist prick, and either making the character utterly unreadable, or, worse, encouraging even more insufferable little shits to think like that.
Thank you for giving me an excuse to post this.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/inthesedeserts/status/1062140779710349313

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

foobardog posted:

The alternative are people who can afford to clean their online presence, aka the already rich and powerful.

I guess I'm saying vote for Goons.

Reminder that any time you see someone bitch about how they were unfairly kicked off SA because of SJWs if you ask to see their rap sheet they’ll go quiet. I’ve been doing this for half a decade now and still have never seen someone put up

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Sweeper posted:

Holy poo poo how is this even legal, like I knew prisoners performed menial jobs for no pay but fighting loving fires??

They get paid, just waaaaaaay below minimum wage

Remember that story about an attorney in Kamala Harris office defending slavery? The lawsuit was about how many days should get removed from their sentence for each day they spent working as firefighters

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Sweeper posted:

The Private For Profit Prison System can use it as a charitable contribution for tax write off purposes, I'm sure.

Playing EVE for a year without the loving chaff of Goonswarm to profit endlessly off/with? That is some tough poo poo to do. Much respect.

i am harry fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 13, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Otteration posted:

Against Nazis, yep shame all the time when adults are in charge, but remembering middle school kinda makes me want to rethink it as a universal solution to all ills.

Public shaming is a tactic with some uses in the right situation, but it's also an extremely common form of self-aggrandising bullying of any perceived weakness. It can backfire completely unless you have genuine moral high ground and authority.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Not sure? Was there enough spice that we will having predicted this mote?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Apparently the youth offenders are 18-24 and many end up with jobs in fire departments when they get out.

But I still say it's slavery and hosed up

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

So many replies simply saying "suck bexton"

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1062146896502906880

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

she gives us bisexuals a bad name when she talks about wanting to build trumps wall

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Trump's going to absolutely loving freak.

https://twitter.com/MarthaMcSally/status/1062144676822577152

Trivia: John McCain's mother is older than the state of Arizona

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Nov 13, 2018

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Koalas Massacre posted:

Thank you for giving me an excuse to post this.

Was mentally debating whether to post it myself.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

nice. gently caress yeah,

Fulchrum posted:

yeah, stan lee has some issues, but he always struck me as pretty cool genuin dude and i am glad he saved spiderman from the blue beetle fate.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Sweeper posted:

Enshrined of course:

Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

"Two years after a similar amendment failed, voters approved a measure that will remove state language allowing forced prison labor without pay."

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/11/6/18056408/colorado-election-results-amendment-a-slavery-forced-prison-labor-passes

Yay?!

Otteration fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Nov 13, 2018

Damonic
Jan 17, 2006
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1062147989874008064

Nice! I'm actually surprised AZ went D.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the buck sexton thing is great because soledad o'brien called cotton "remarkably ignorant" because he said asylum seekers should seek asylum from their own countries lmao

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Ague Proof posted:

They're -2. McCaskill, Donnelly, Heitkamp, and Nelson* lost - Rosen and Sinema won.

*Almost certainly

If the ultimate million in one miracle happens and Nelson wins the recount and Espy wins in Mississippi, we're back to where we were before.
I meant the number of seats they need to grab to get to 50 in 2020. That's 3 now, I think, which is a lot different from 4 given the map. Or something.

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

I meant the number of seats they need to grab to get to 50 in 2020. That's 3 now, I think, which is a lot different from 4 given the map. Or something.

Assuming Dems win the Presidency, they only need 2, since ties go to VP. Buuuuuuut they're probably going to lose Doug Jones' seat in Alabama, so we're back to needing 3.

ME and CO look pretty loving plausible. So that just requires one of AZ, NC, MT, IA, or GA. I like those odds.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Re: CA slave firefighters.

The captains don't want them but the state forces them. They don't pay firefighters anything, and thus have a major manpower shortage. Hence why the state uses prison slave labor. Nobody is willing to pay the firefighters more, and it's a very lovely situation.

The answer is doubling pay, and attracting good workers. The issue is that the number of firefighters is not keeping up with the demand put on them. They work ludicrous amounts of overtime and the benefits aren't very good. The union is also completely captured and worthless.

My brother in law is a fire Captain in the Bishop area, and I get to ask him questions about this sort of thing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ague Proof posted:

Nice Democracy ya got there when she's going to be appointed to the Senate right after failing to get elected.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

I really hope this wasn't done tactically as a way to try and shame the Florida recounts into giving up:

"See? We did the honorable thing and gave up (because we knew the gig was up), why won't those uncivil Democrats?"

Because if so it's going to be a Right Wing talking point for the next two years.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ague Proof posted:

For the last few weeks she's been surprisingly chill about how everything went, I'm stunned

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Hmm I guess my state (AZ) is slightly less garbage than I thought.

Get hosed Mcsally.

Unfortunately, when Kyle retires in a year she will probably be appointed to serve out the rest of McCain's term.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

scaramucci got canned before he even officially started

real life scaramucci had less air time than a cartoon robot scaramucci in Samurai Jack.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

DLC Inc posted:

For the last few weeks she's been surprisingly chill about how everything went, I'm stunned

She's getting a free senate seat next year and will need to run in 2020 so she needs to look relatively sane.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

mcmagic posted:

Nice Democracy ya got there when she's going to be appointed to the Senate right after failing to get elected.

That'll make it easier to defeat her again.

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

My bad.

Charliegrs posted:

Hmm I guess my state (AZ) is slightly less garbage than I thought.

Get hosed Mcsally.

Unfortunately, when Kyle retires in a year she will probably be appointed to serve out the rest of McCain's term.

That seat gets re-elected in 2020 to fill out the last 2 years of McCain's term.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1062148399825346560

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 13, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

stillvisions posted:

I really hope this wasn't done tactically as a way to try and shame the Florida recounts into giving up:

"See? We did the honorable thing and gave up (because we knew the gig was up), why won't those uncivil Democrats?"

Because if so it's going to be a Right Wing talking point for the next two years.

She conceded gracefully for the same reason she hasn't gotten caught up in the "fraud" bullshit. The tide has clearly been going against her winning and if she plays ball and stays above the fray she has a good chance of being appointed to McCain's seat when the current guy steps down.

McSally was a "level headed" Republican in the primary too who went against the MAGA candidate. So she's just doing whatever it takes to keep moving forward.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Have we all seen this?

https://twitter.com/leahmcelrath/status/1061864358635077633

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Condiv posted:

she gives us bisexuals a bad name when she talks about wanting to build trumps wall

As a bisexual she just wants to bisect the land between Texas and Mexico

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

pro nerd propoganda