Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Turn the nubbin from the delaware circle into a state and clone tom carper twice to be its senators, to own cspam poster Nichael

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

WampaLord posted:

The 2012 post-Romney autopsy report of the party said "Wow, we really need to start attracting Hispanic voters or we are hosed!"

Then Trump happened.

lol like 50% of hispanics voted GOP in florida, so I guess that worked for them. fortunately minorities can be rich and racist too

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

the bitcoin of weed posted:

lol like 50% of hispanics voted GOP in florida, so I guess that worked for them. fortunately minorities can be rich and racist too

This is pretty much all the Cubans in Miami who are the wildly wealthy families that Castro forced out.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

There's bound to be a job for Walker in that shiny new Foxconn factory

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hillary 2020 posted:

There's bound to be a job for Walker in that shiny new Foxconn factory

Doesn't foxconn have anger management rooms where people beat the poo poo out of punching bags meant to symbolize their boss? In addition to the suicide nets (which are going to have to be made of some strong poo poo to carry the weight of cheese-chugging rural wisconsinites)

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
oh hell yes

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Al! posted:

well lets see how the dems really are handling it

https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/1061004308186042373?s=19

wow such strong language!!! my decorum glands are positively throbbing in pain

what about the other chamber

https://twitter.com/NancyPelosi/status/1061037720296804352?s=19

lol

This is pretty much a taster for 2020 if the GoP loses. Trump will create a constitutional crisis by claiming the election was invalid and the Dems will harrumph and try to maintain decorum.

Chuds are going to lose their loving minds.

[e] Buy a gun and learn to use it. Just in case.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Hillary 2020 posted:

This is pretty much a taster for 2020 if the GoP loses. Trump will create a constitutional crisis by claiming the election was invalid and the Dems will harrumph and try to maintain decorum.

Chuds are going to lose their loving minds.

[e] Buy a gun and learn to use it. Just in case.

Once it loving sinks in that the maga train is off the rails they will definitely lose their minds

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

like if you're not familiar with how arizona works this is loving amazing

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ah yeah.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

like if you're not familiar with how arizona works this is loving amazing

I just wish I wasn't surprised that Gosar won his election despite his entire family calling him a bad choice.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

There are some parts of Arizona that will forever remain in the hell dimension but the blue wave has hit Arizona hard

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Spergin Morlock posted:

I just wish I wasn't surprised that Gosar won his election despite his entire family calling him a bad choice.

Gosar the Gosarian

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

But uh basically if you're not familiar, the Arizona SOS is first in line of succession for governor so if ducey catches a federal appointment we get a Democrat for a governor if Katie's lead holds out

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
So what was the cause of that weird bump on 538 that made everyone think that the GOP would gain in the House for about a half-hour on election night?

I saw it when it popped off and I was dead certain that we were in for 2016 all over again.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

it was just shook nate's lovely clickbait algorithm loving up (or working as intended?) when a bunch of races were called in deep chud districts before anywhere else

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Some Republican House seats in non-competitive races were called early and it caused Nate Silver's model to project 1,000 years of darkness. I'm forwarding him all my therapy bills this month.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

exquisite tea posted:

Some Republican House seats in non-competitive races were called early and it caused Nate Silver's model to project 1,000 years of darkness. I'm forwarding him all my therapy bills this month.

I shut off the TV and got blackout drunk. From what I could reconstruct later I was pricing out rifles and listening to 80's music for the rest of the evening.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Zeroisanumber posted:

I shut off the TV and got blackout drunk. From what I could reconstruct later I was pricing out rifles and listening to 80's music for the rest of the evening.

lmao that owns

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

exquisite tea posted:

iirc it was this, specifically because as the gop won a handful of sure-thing seats early, that changed the way the model was weighting those elections from "likely gop" to "100% gop" and their fancy billion dollar algorithm had nothing written into it to update the overall model's estimates in a meaningful way as different races with different probabilities of flipping were reporting at different rates in real-time lmao. what a worthless hack nate is

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
pee pee poo poo i took a single undergrad game theory class, buy my website new york times bitch look at these numbers i pulled out of my rear end give me a million dollars

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
fight me nate

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

crazy cloud posted:

pee pee poo poo i took a single undergrad game theory class, buy my website new york times bitch look at these numbers i pulled out of my rear end give me a million dollars

"alright guys, time for some game theory" I type as the first tweet in a thread

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

next election nate should run a needle that has zero connection to anything and just fucks with the odds for shits and giggles

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
If only it were possible to know ahead of time that states would report their results at different rates and times and to program your model of the system to account for this. it's too bad there was no way to know, rip all that hard work constructing such a beautiful mathematical model

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

U-DO Burger posted:

next election nate should run a needle that has zero connection to anything and just fucks with the odds for shits and giggles

He did that for the midterm already tho lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

crazy cloud posted:

If only it were possible to know ahead of time that states would report their results at different rates and times and to program your model of the system to account for this. it's too bad there was no way to know, rip all that hard work constructing such a beautiful mathematical model

the polls are not wrong, everyone just keeps reading them wrong!!!! - extremely nate silver

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
nate ur an idiot bitch and i curse u to the notch path of being rich as gently caress for no good reason and being a miserable piece of poo poo despite lacking materially for nothing

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

"They may not shake for me, but they will shake"

- Nate "Herod" Silver

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I wanna congratulate president goodbrains for losing Arizona to the dems

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Lawman 0 posted:

Sinema winning and I'm cackling like a hyena. the good poo poo

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Lawman 0 posted:

He has in 2 years lost senate seats to the democrats in both Alabama and Arizona

thats just amazing

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Remember when triple sulk tried to rub in his rightness despite being spectacularly wrong lol

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

nooneofconsequence posted:

It seriously looks like 25,000 people in Broward just straight-up didn't vote for senator because it wasn't prominent on the ballot or something.

It's loving Broward, we're lucky they didn't accidentally vote Ralph Nader.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Hillary 2020 posted:

It's loving Broward, we're lucky they didn't accidentally vote Ralph Nader.

That lady is spectacularly incompetent

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Is there a way of captueing and refining an extract of the sensation of a dem senator winning against the odds? Wondering how I can save up a supply to inject into my veins during all of the other times of darkness

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

cargo cult posted:

cant believe im getting my hopes up over florida :negative:

If your hope was "Florida Man fucks up another election" then boy do I have news for you

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Thesaurus posted:

Is there a way of captueing and refining an extract of the sensation of a dem senator winning against the odds? Wondering how I can save up a supply to inject into my veins during all of the other times of darkness

Don't try holding onto anything

:justpost:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
if u have time for any recollection or nuance that means ur posting too slowly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
I like how it ended up being a Blue Wave it just took us days after the midterms to realize it