Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Seeing posted that Trump didn't go to Arlington because marine one didn't want to fly in choppy weather... ummm, I would think that marine one is equipped to handle some chop, but is there anything to this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Scratch a Green, a centrist bleeds

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
I live in the area and it was calm all day. The rain did not start till after 4 pm too.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Charliegrs posted:

Please dont post poo poo from the_donald in here. By this point we all know what they are saying, we always have as it's completely predictable.

I like the tears. If we can talk about the Dems bad, we can talk about the_Donald sad

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

zenguitarman posted:

Seeing posted that Trump didn't go to Arlington because marine one didn't want to fly in choppy weather... ummm, I would think that marine one is equipped to handle some chop, but is there anything to this

He could, I dunno, take a car?

Are Presidents not driven places anymore? I remember seeing Obama step into and out of cars on occasion.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

zenguitarman posted:

Arlington is like 10 minutes' drive away too. That fatass toddler motherfucker couldn't just hop in Cadillac One and just drive down there? I hear that cars can stand up pretty well in choppy weather.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Mercury Ballistic posted:

So totally off topic and all, but whatever happened to Snowden? He seems to have fallen out of the news completely. Was he some Russian plant all along? Has Putin throttled his internet activities?

He's still active on twitter, and Russia doesn't mess with him as long as he keeps sticking to the useful idiot role.

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Conspiracy theorist says he didn't go to Arlington cause poo poo is about to go down with Muller.

thewalk
Mar 16, 2018
I didnt see an election thread so just checking in on whats the status of the senate races? my buddy said the gop has 1 seat over the democrats? is that where it landed or are there a bunch of gop seats that are still being counted but will go to the gop?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Ogmius815 posted:

Guys that is a generic as gently caress statement that says nothing about Sinema’s policies or plans. What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Somebody post the gif of her talking about how much border wall and ICE funding she voted for as a positive.

I'll forgive more than I should for Democrats but being bad on immigration is the quickest way to get on my shitlist and Sinema is there imo.

I'm happy for +1 for Dem Senate control but I'm not gonna praise her.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

thewalk posted:

I didnt see an election thread so just checking in on whats the status of the senate races? my buddy said the gop has 1 seat over the democrats? is that where it landed or are there a bunch of gop seats that are still being counted but will go to the gop?

Dems just took Arizona, Mississippi is going to a special election that the Republican will probably win, and Florida doesn't know how to do voting so we're still waiting on recounts there.

Expected margin is 53R-47D which is an R+2 gain.

Edit: to be more specific, if Republicans win Mississippi and Florida, it will be R+2. If Dems win both then we could theoretically end up right where we left off, with a few seats swapped around. 53-47 seems the most likely outcome, though.

Wicked Them Beats fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Nov 13, 2018

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

zenguitarman posted:

I've loving walked from the White House to Arlington. It is the biggest bullshit excuse imaginable.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

Arlington is like 10 minutes' drive away too. That fatass toddler motherfucker couldn't just hop in Cadillac One and just drive down there? I hear that cars can stand up pretty well in choppy weather.

Thing's a drat tank. Probably does fine in 4' of snow.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

IT'S QUITE LITERALLY ONE SINGLE TWEET WHICH TOOK MAYBE A HALF HOUR OF THOUGHT

IS THERE ANY WAY TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM DEMS BAD FACTS?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

Well, i was more hopeful because a year ago Trump's favorables were in the 30s and trending down

But yeah

Also, Beto was within 2 points, that's insane

I was really hoping they could hold out at net zero but yeah could have been a lot worse (and would be without the blue wave).

But the big problem is it’s hard to look at a map long term and see more than 52 seats Dems can reliably take and hold. The days of holding 10 seats in a bunch of red states are over, so might ax well as the filibuster next time we get the presidency.

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 13, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

zenguitarman posted:

Doesn't he have a loving Omega motorcade? It ain't that loving far

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

They aren't millennials if they are still in Highschool.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

yronic heroism posted:

I was really hoping they could hold out at net zero but yeah could have been a lot worse (and would be without the blue wave).

But the long term problem is it’s hard to look at a map long term and see more than 52 seats Dems can hold. The days of holding 10 seats in a bunch of red states are over, so might as well as the filibuster next time we get the presidency.

If the Dems don't kill the filibuster next time they hold all three branches the Republicans definitely will. May as well beat them to the punch.

I think the Republicans were intending to do it next year if this election went well since they were promising cuts to social security and medicare and had plans to revisit ACA repeal.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

hostile apostle posted:

Conspiracy theorist says he didn't go to Arlington cause poo poo is about to go down with Muller.

Alternatively, the WH is legitimately freaking out and is racing to figure out how best to consolidate power.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Does anyone else feel bad for McSally for only having from what I can see, an admittedly cool, dog to comfort her through something like that?

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Lightning Knight posted:

Somebody post the gif of her talking about how much border wall and ICE funding she voted for as a positive.

I'll forgive more than I should for Democrats but being bad on immigration is the quickest way to get on my shitlist and Sinema is there imo.

I'm happy for +1 for Dem Senate control but I'm not gonna praise her.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Doesn't he have a loving Omega motorcade? It ain't that loving far

Obviously he didn't want to cause a traffic disruption in DC either

https://twitter.com/ClaireBerlinski/status/1061906966216347649

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I'm glad her poor decision making skills are no longer going to affect me.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

The chuds keep screaming about voter fraud, but are they citing anything specifically?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Why the hell are these guys so eager to say they're going to get in trouble? Why the gently caress don't they just wait until something actually happens?

Oh, because they want to fleece people out of money for their "defense fund."

Many of these creatures who engage in outrageous lies against others also have huge martyr complexes.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Nice puppy, but she's gonna be a senator either way.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Google Butt posted:

The chuds keep screaming about voter fraud, but are they citing anything specifically?

Governor Voldemorts rear end in a top hat.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Google Butt posted:

Nothing I've seen. Just doing the usual chud thing where they decide that counting votes is actually voter fraud.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Wicked Them Beats posted:

If the Dems don't kill the filibuster next time they hold all three branches the Republicans definitely will. May as well beat them to the punch.

I think the Republicans were intending to do it next year if this election went well since they were promising cuts to social security and medicare and had plans to revisit ACA repeal.

*waggles hand*

The filibuster is inherently and by definition more useful to the party that wants to keep anything from ever getting better, which despite what some people in this thread might say, is not the Democrats.

We're starting to get to the point where you can reasonably expect the Democrats to finish off the filibuster and McConnell still hasn't killed it, which suggests to me that either A) he's hoping the Democrats don't, or imo more likely B) he thinks he'd have two defectors on the topic because decorum.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Nothing I've seen. Just doing the usual chud thing where they decide that counting votes is actually voter fraud.

What about that thing where Bay County voters e-mailed their ballots for DeSantis and Scott?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Google Butt posted:

Why do you still take what they say in good faith, why do you think there still is a possibility of them actually believing anything they say instead of just saying what they think will get them what they want.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I've loving walked

This is Donald Trump we're talking about

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

drilldo squirt posted:

Does anyone else feel bad for McSally for only having from what I can see, an admittedly cool, dog to comfort her through something like that?

what more do you need, though?

other than perhaps a cat as well

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Young Freud posted:

What about that thing where Bay County voters e-mailed their ballots for DeSantis and Scott?

calling that voter fraud rubs me the wrong way

it's illegal / shouldn't be counted based on florida law, but it's not inherently fraud on the part of the voters

it's arguably fraud on the part of the counters, but even then i'd rather not blur the lines

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Wicked Them Beats posted:

He could, I dunno, take a car?

Are Presidents not driven places anymore? I remember seeing Obama step into and out of cars on occasion.

In DC and northern Virginia the pres usually gets flown from place to place because the motorcade is incredibly disruptive but they still did it from time to time when I was there and Obama was President, probably because of poo poo weather or he was going somewhere without a helipad.

The cops in the region have motorcades down to an art form that has to be seen to really appreciate. You'll be approaching an intersection when suddenly the light will change at an unusual time, a bunch of motorcycle police come screaming up followed a few seconds later by cruisers. Those will stop to make blockades against cross traffic and a whole bunch of other motorcycle cops and cruisers will be zipping by then suddenly the motorcade comes through at 50-60mph and the cruisers and motorcycle cops at the intersection will peel out leaving everyone to resume normal driving.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

drilldo squirt posted:

Why do you still take what they say in good faith, why do you think there still is a possibility of them actually believing anything they say instead of just saying what they think will get them what they want.

I'm not taking what they say in good faith, settle down beavis.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

GreyjoyBastard posted:

We're starting to get to the point where you can reasonably expect the Democrats to finish off the filibuster and McConnell still hasn't killed it, which suggests to me that either A) he's hoping the Democrats don't, or imo more likely B) he thinks he'd have two defectors on the topic because decorum.

Jesus ballsucking Christ, how can you look at a government with all three branches of government lead by a majority of Republicans and not appreciate for one goddamn second the value of minority checks on power?

You've literally spun the last vestiges of anti-fascist leverage into a ~decorum~ argument.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Thanks fam. :respek:

James Garfield posted:

This is Donald Trump we're talking about

I'm now imagining that there are specific White House aides whose entire job is to fetch things from the fridge because he can't be bothered to get up ever except for photo shoots and golfing.

^ filibuster should've been killed in 2008, they would've gotten so much more done.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

drilldo squirt posted:

I feel sorry for the dog for having a fascist owner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Google Butt posted:

Some of them go a bit extra distance to say brown votes are fraud. That's basically it.