Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bilirubin posted:

You are walking through a desert and come across a tortoise on its back

*rolls dice*

I check its body for valuables and find 3 gold pieces and a +1 long sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Bilirubin posted:

You are walking through a desert and come across a tortoise on its back

gently caress you got me, I'm a replicant.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Prim was walking along the road when she saw a tortoise walking beside her. “Why have you stopped?” said the voice of her father’s corpse. “A loyal and dutiful daughter would have flipped the tortoise over already and continued on to bury her father.”

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Pree Aesma And The Unflippable Tortoise

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

JT Jag posted:

she flips the rest of the creation

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Mazerunner posted:

she flips the rest of the creation

Hey, the tortoise is now oriented correctly with respect to it!

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

you dream about webcomics?

back in middle school I was super into Runescape and one night after playing too much I ended up having a dream where I spent the whole night trying to navigate blurred menus in my sleep

it was excruciating

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

ThaumPenguin posted:

back in middle school I was super into Runescape and one night after playing too much I ended up having a dream where I spent the whole night trying to navigate blurred menus in my sleep

it was excruciating

not so much lately but i used to spend a ton of time playing and coding for Space Station 13 and a couple of times i had dreams about it. not dreams of being in the game, dreams of sitting at my computer playing it.

definitely totally normal and not a huge nerd over here.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

There was a time back in the late '90s and early '00s when it was more of a thing that I was playing a lot of PbEM and PbP games of various sorts, usually strategy and RPGs. For a time I had a persistent ongoing dream night by night of a game that I was missing turns for and getting really stressed about it. When I woke up, of course, there was no such missing game, but I'm still occasionally haunted by thoughts of "The Unfinished Game".

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

JT Jag posted:

It's turtles all the way up.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The only dreams I make that I remember are the dreams where I tell my friends about my dreams. Then I can tell my friends about my dreams where I told them about my dreams. Surprisingly, Xzibit has not appeared in any such dream yet.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

That Patreon preview.. . :piss:

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

It's good but it's also terrible because I desperately need the next page after it.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Joe Slowboat posted:

It's good but it's also terrible because I desperately need the next page after it.

This, but for every page

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's up
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1062802577660825600?s=19

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
man I legit love all those descriptions of made-up martial arts

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I have no doubt Abbadon isn't into the Exalted RPG, but man, is that a surprise because those descriptions would make me think so if nothing else did.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This devil isnt kawaii at all!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Synthbuttrange posted:

But its very kowai.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
KILL BOSS dating sim

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Dr Cheeto posted:

KILL BOSS dating sim

KILL BOSS only smashes baristas

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Only true Royalty could solo KILL BOSS.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Synthbuttrange posted:

hard disagree

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Well at least we know Allison is a sturdy girl

probably somewhat rancorous at this point too

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

I have no doubt Abbadon isn't into the Exalted RPG, but man, is that a surprise because those descriptions would make me think so if nothing else did.

I recall him saying to me that he was baffled I liked it because of how absurdly crunchy it is. It is, but I only play 3e, and believe me when I say that 2e was somehow far far more crunchy and for no mechanical reason at that.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Maybe she's hardened her skin, like a bullet proof vest... But being hit still loving hurts, and can still mess up her internal organs, like taking a bullet when you're in a bullet proof vest. That knife didn't pierce her eye, but she did recoil back like it hurt, and she's coughing up blood here even though her face is (so far) mostly undamaged.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

The dagger made a miniscule dent on the eye, but it's just a few pixels of discoloration

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I approve of this 'keep putting someone through a wall until they're paste' fighting method, it's a little crude but it's metal as gently caress.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Lights posted:

That Patreon preview.. . :piss:

I no poo poo had to actively resist using the patreon preview as the next Dril 6 Billion Demons update because jesus christ he had a perfect post for this page that I found almost immediately.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Maybe she's hardened her skin, like a bullet proof vest... But being hit still loving hurts, and can still mess up her internal organs, like taking a bullet when you're in a bullet proof vest. That knife didn't pierce her eye, but she did recoil back like it hurt, and she's coughing up blood here even though her face is (so far) mostly undamaged.

:eng101: Kevlar and modern body armor like ceramic ballistic inserts disperse the impact of bullets through thick webbing that distributes the force of a bullet over the entire vest (or in the case of inserts, through the entire piece), like a soccer net in a goal! While a similar effect provides limited protection against stabbing and slashing weapons, blunt melee weapons will transfer their entire kinetic load on impact like normal, and a bullet-proof vest will provide no more protection than a thick coat :eng101:

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 14, 2018

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Archenteron posted:

I no poo poo had to actively resist using the patreon preview as the next Dril 6 Billion Demons update because jesus christ he had a perfect post for this page that I found almost immediately.

That's perfect, you should set up a twitter account!

(I don't use tumblr but I want to share this cool thing)

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

quote:

The well known drawback to this style is a practitioner must eat and drink around three or four times as much as a normal person of their weight in order to stoke their internal fire. Without such regular fuel, their own body is consumed and they quite literally combust. The masters I talked to were rather unconcerned about this particular quirk and took it as a matter of religious importance, one of them going as far as to say that most old masters that know their time is getting near stop eating, so that when they next enter battle their body will consume many of their opponents in its violent self immolation.

fukkin lmao

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The Weight Loss Technique Your Doctor DOESN'T Want You To Know: Demon Flips The Cart! Eat What You Want And Still Lose Weight! Watch How These Old Ladies Stay Fit And Throw Cars At People!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

A big flaming stink posted:

:eng101: Kevlar and modern body armor like ceramic ballistic inserts disperse the impact of bullets through thick webbing that distributes the force of a bullet over the entire vest (or in the case of inserts, through the entire piece), like a soccer net in a goal! While a similar effect provides limited protection against stabbing and slashing weapons, blunt melee weapons will transfer their entire kinetic load on impact like normal, and a bullet-proof vest will provide no more protection than a thick coat :eng101:

... I know all that, I just meant maybe being hit still hurts because her skin is strengthened but her insides are still vulnerable.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

JT Jag posted:

The Weight Loss Technique Your Doctor DOESN'T Want You To Know: Demon Flips The Cart! Eat What You Want And Still Lose Weight! Watch How These Old Ladies Stay Fit And Throw Cars At People!

Immolate Your Rotary Club Foes in a Final Gesture of Suicidal Contempt!

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

... I know all that, I just meant maybe being hit still hurts because her skin is strengthened but her insides are still vulnerable.

Being hit still hurts because not yet fully embraced Royalty and still believes that violence causes harm.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

I can't help but feel that style is based on the Age of Wushu style with an ultimate attack that turns the user into a suicide bomb

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SunAndSpring posted:

I recall him saying to me that he was baffled I liked it because of how absurdly crunchy it is. It is, but I only play 3e, and believe me when I say that 2e was somehow far far more crunchy and for no mechanical reason at that.

Yeah. It took off in spite of its mechanics, not because, and I 100% understand why he went with PBtA for his system.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Nov 15, 2018

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Ashcans posted:

I approve of this 'keep putting someone through a wall until they're paste' fighting method, it's a little crude but it's metal as gently caress.
I'm hoping this keeps going with increasingly sturdier walls until there's none suitable left in the area, and KILL BOSS just "welp. you win." and leaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I’m hoping Allison stabs Vash with the pointy fragment of KILL BOSS’s mask.