Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

"Gray Jedism" is moronic because there is no "Light Jedism' and "Dark Jedism".

What we see in the films is basically a conflict between Jewish Force Users and Nietzschean Force Users.

For their sins, the Jedi Temple is destroyed, but because Luke did not learn the lesson of this, he is not allowed to rebuild it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

RBA Starblade posted:

Jivjov are there dark and light jedi?

The Jedi, by the organizational definition, are Light only...but as evidenced by the Prequels....well....

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i always get a kick out of force choke being an evil thing because luke stone cold chokes out a pigman like 5 minutes into rotj and then is like I AM A JEDI KNIGHT right after

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Making someone do something against their will with a wave of the hand is also a light side trick. In conclusion, the Force is a land of contrasts.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Other than the crazy puppets and set design the best bit of the Jabba's palace rescue is Luke trying to live out his "wait until they see how badass I am at the high school reunion" fantasy. Han sees right through it while blind. Harrison's disgust at being there plays

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Luke was deliberately setting Leia up to get caught so he could show off, right?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Was Jedi Master Baytes a Grey Jedi?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AndyElusive posted:

When he got older, yeah.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

Captain Cappy posted:

Making someone do something against their will with a wave of the hand is also a light side trick. In conclusion, the Force is a land of contrasts.

*waves hand*

There are no contradictions in Jedi dogma.

AndyElusive posted:

The greytest, amirite?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

jivjov posted:

Modern canon has framed it a little better, I feel. Someone like Ashoka, who is no longer part of the Jedi order but still tries to do good.

She doesn't use dark side powers.

If anything it feels like Jedi to Jedi not in Jedi order (Light side user) is more like the whole not every Dark Jedi is a Sith, but every Sith is a Dark Jedi type definition.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
One thing I did like from KOTOR 2 was that the conflict from the first game has become known as "the Jedi Civil War" in the interim, because as far as the average galactic citizen is concerned it makes no different whether their lightsaber is red or blue.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Show me a canonical source where Rey uses a Dark Side Power ie. Force Lightning, Force Crush, Force Dominate

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Calibanibal posted:

Show me a canonical source where Rey uses a Dark Side Power ie. Force Lightning, Force Crush, Force Dominate

There’s no such thing a dark side power.

Rey is ‘dark’ because she’s using her power to enforce feudalism.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Calibanibal posted:

I can probably show you several non-canonical sources where she's using Force Dominate on FN.

And probably quite a few with the reverse.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Calibanibal posted:

The force awakens. She forces Kylo to spill the beans using the force when he tries to invade her.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

There’s no such thing a dark side power.

Rey is ‘dark’ because she’s using her power to enforce feudalism.

Honest question, do you think GL meant to portray Leia and the rebels as a conservative reactionary group that wants to reinstall feuidalism, or do you think he simply meant to invoke a fairy tale sensation of knights, wizards, princesses and rogues set in a sci fi setting and the feudalism is a accidental byproduct.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Rey uses Force Angrily Try To Cut Someone With A Laser Sword a lot.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

McCloud posted:

Honest question, do you think GL meant to portray Leia and the rebels as a conservative reactionary group that wants to reinstall feuidalism, or do you think he simply meant to invoke a fairy tale sensation of knights, wizards, princesses and rogues set in a sci fi setting and the feudalism is a accidental byproduct.

Why does what he meant matter?

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

McCloud posted:

Yes.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

:concerned:

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

sassassin posted:

Why does what he meant matter?

I'm asking to get an insight into SMG's programming, I don't really care what GL's intent was, as such.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

"In this world, only the results matter."
-Diavolo, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Vento Aureo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

McCloud posted:

I'm asking to get an insight into SMG's programming, I don't really care what GL's intent was, as such.

He’s a loving human being on a computer. Please stop this.

Sinding Johansson
Dec 1, 2006
STARVED FOR ATTENTION
He's more machine than man

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CelticPredator posted:

He's a real hero and a real human being

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

CelticPredator posted:

Why else do you think he's so interested in robot rights? Wake up America!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFENgb2zOn4

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

lol look at this doink who doesn't know SMG is a chatbot. Next you're going to tell me 9/11 wasn't an inside job. Let's all point and laugh at him

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just feel bad about how we treated his little sister, Tay.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

sassassin posted:

Rey uses Force Angrily Try To Cut Someone With A Laser Sword a lot.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Doctor Faustine
Sep 2, 2018

Honestly this is about the only thing they could to that would make me even sort of give a poo poo about The Mandalorian.

Well played.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t think that’s right, R2D2 actually saves people.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Oh no, this conversation again

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

superman saves more people than finn and rose did

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

*freddie mercury voice*

Ooh les go!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

CelticPredator posted:

Nah, Superman saves New York Metropolis, but Super 9-11 still happens. R2D2 helps destroy an edifice of technological imperialism.

Superman does also destroy the Death Star World Engine, though.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Brother Entropy posted:

superman saves more people than finn and rose did

lol remember when rose and finn rescued the enslaved camels but left the slave children to rot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Artoo: Purposefully helped cause the deaths of a millions of people who were legitimate military targets.

Snyder Supes: Purposefully killed only one target in self defense/saving a family, but caused hundreds or even thousands of innocent deaths through unintentional collateral damage.

Someone should make a Trolley Problem image of this.