Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I have a Bismark but haven't played it much. I figured I'd rather have a Montana and a Yamato before advancing through the rest of the German BB line since I don't play this game as much as I used to.

Good to know my favorite BB line is getting buffs :911:

I don't think the NC or Iowa need them, but the standard BBs sure could use some help of some kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
Now if they’d just walk back nerfing the YY into the ground.

That’d be peachy.

hreple
Feb 11, 2006
hardly

toadee posted:

You're getting unlucky, but also don't look at it as a binary do this or this in this ship. Bismarck should get in close when it can. You need to hang back, look at the minimap, do chip damage, and figure out where the battle is heading. Once you start seeing isolated targets, work toward them. Lone BBs you can get into a crossfire, US cruisers over staying their welcome behind an island, etc. Advance in to where the enemy is weakest, and don't move too far beyond your fleet - don't become one of those isolated targets.

Very good advice. I tend to go in too hard I guess. I feel I get flamed by the team if I try to hang back and figure the match out, but I probably need to hang back more and assess the situation. I always struggle doing over 100k damage, and it probably has something to do with not playing with enough tactics to judge the match correctly.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Some free advice: turn off chat either through mod or disabling it at the start of each round. Your enjoyment of the game will increase exponentially.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Hot drat FdG will actually get buffed, its been sitting in my port for months unplayed.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

hreple posted:

On to JP BB's I guess - where I can actually gently caress over higher tiers with accuracy and huge calibre guns.

And then you get to the Izumo,which unfortunately has the accuracy of a drunk duck on meth :(

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Some free advice: turn off chat either through mod or disabling it at the start of each round. Your enjoyment of the game will increase exponentially.

except when you miss out on some absolutely incredible sperg.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Pacra posted:

And then you get to the Izumo,which unfortunately has the accuracy of a drunk duck on meth :(

There's a really simple solution to that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPrGOwITs74&t=243s

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lakedaimon posted:

Hot drat FdG will actually get buffed, its been sitting in my port for months unplayed.

I really hate taking this ship out right now. What're the buffs?

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Rorac posted:

There's a really simple solution to that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPrGOwITs74&t=243s

Should have killed him in the first shot by targeting the barbettes

Stanley Pain posted:

I really hate taking this ship out right now. What're the buffs?

We don't know yet!

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Pacra posted:

Should have killed him in the first shot by targeting the barbettes

We don't know yet!

We can go into full speculation mode though. My best guess is could be a buff to various armor plating values like the Izumo got, giving it minor resilience against 10cm fire hoses. Or maybe a modest improvement to dispersion or sigma because it only has eight guns, and thats usually the biggest complaint. I dont think they will improve the hydro or do anything that require changes to the model. Im just hoping its a decent buff because GK is the only tier X battleship I dont have, and thats because I refused to play the FdG or freexp through it.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
I went 2-12 in my first 14 FDG games with an 18 point captain and free xp modules. Haven't touched that since.

Meanwhile I enjoyed the Izumo so much I even finished the grind handily before the buff; go figure.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

looking forward to this upcoming radar "fix" because oh man i love playing dd when half the team has radar

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
Man, I don't even take radar if there's anything else that fits in the slot. I set my Des Moines with a spotter plane so I can catch the annoying BBabies that think they're "sniping", and watch DDs refuse to fight out of fear.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'd love to see a sigma improvement.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

looking forward to this upcoming radar "fix" because oh man i love playing dd when half the team has radar

The yueyang sure is going to be great with nerfed radar and guns

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Blindeye posted:

I enjoyed the Izumo

:crossarms:

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I hated the Izumo but somehow had a decent WR in it.

Also finally got Halsey, and now I have nothing left I want or need to grind for. Need more collections please.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

uhh, then how will i be able to see what people have to say in chat after I say "poi" at the start of the match?

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

There's a hilarious bug in the CV Rework test right now that makes it so that you can hear everyone's consumables when they use them. A nonstop barrage of consumable activation sounds (you also hear the hydro sounds, radar sounds, etc).

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Psychedelic Mode ACTIVATE.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Burt posted:

I hated the Izumo but somehow had a decent WR in it.

Also finally got Halsey, and now I have nothing left I want or need to grind for. Need more collections please.

RN Destroyers collection is coming up soon.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

toadee posted:

There's a hilarious bug in the CV Rework test right now that makes it so that you can hear everyone's consumables when they use them. A nonstop barrage of consumable activation sounds (you also hear the hydro sounds, radar sounds, etc).

Hahaha

CV rework lookin' good!

https://twitter.com/teromea3/status/1061601515431817216/video/1

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Vanguard looks like a good buy now, flamu is testing the third version and it's putting out cruiser dispersion, but it's not stupid because the guns are only 15" and the gun angles mean a lot of exposure

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I will buy it regardless :sigh:

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I will buy it regardless :sigh:

Same.

Bought the Jean Bart using the 30% discount code. Although people still may be trying to work out how to counter it, it's a very decent ship, good guns, good speed and makes decent bank.

You need the acceleration module though as it's as slow as stink to get moving but I am not yet brave enough to drop DC2 to fit it.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Used the -30% on the 14x450 doubloon daily shipment. Can’t have too many doubloons, right? And with the discount price is pretty decent.

Juergoslav
Mar 10, 2013
So could anyone accept my application to [GOON] on the EU Server ?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I've been playing a few games a day and have unlocked the first UK BB (the Caledon is a pretty fun cruiser tbh). I have enough free XP to skip to the Queen Liz or down the cruiser line. Are the lower BBs terrible enough to want to skip? Or forget battleships and stay with cruisers (I already have IJN cruisers at tier 6 from before).

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Ratzap posted:

I've been playing a few games a day and have unlocked the first UK BB (the Caledon is a pretty fun cruiser tbh). I have enough free XP to skip to the Queen Liz or down the cruiser line. Are the lower BBs terrible enough to want to skip? Or forget battleships and stay with cruisers (I already have IJN cruisers at tier 6 from before).
The low tier UK battleships are pretty drat strong. Just load pure HE and giggle to yourself as you dev strike cruisers all the same as well as burning the world to the waterline.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Ratzap posted:

There's no reason to free xp past the low tier UK battleships.
Skipping to the Leander is one of the better uses of your free xp.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Their Midway: 61% overall win rate.

Our Midway: This loving shithead.

Notable for averaging 10 destroyed planes per game. In a Midway. Just threw all his planes in a blob that kept getting strafed.

Spoiler: Something magic happened.

Double spoiler. I only did like 32k damage in total.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Complications posted:

The low tier UK battleships are pretty drat strong. Just load pure HE and giggle to yourself as you dev strike cruisers all the same as well as burning the world to the waterline.

OK, that's a pleasant surprise.

James Garfield posted:

There's no reason to free xp past the low tier UK battleships.
Skipping to the Leander is one of the better uses of your free xp.

Sounds fair, I just rather not have a repeat of the Furataka (one of the IJN ones anyway, it was not fun).

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Ratzap posted:

OK, that's a pleasant surprise.

Sounds fair, I just rather not have a repeat of the Furataka (one of the IJN ones anyway, it was not fun).

Unless you were playing two years ago you do not get to talk bad about the Furutaka. It is so, so much better now than it was before. Used to have 5 single 8” guns that were all centerline mounted with 30+ second rotation speed, as opposed to 6 in double mounts with reasonable rotation.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

New Furutaka is awesome, also the belt armor is legit - you can bait people into shooting on your angled belt in same-tier BBs and they just get bounces. It's hilarious.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

toadee posted:

Eh, not really no

It's hilarious how hung up OMNI still are on the Flamu/Flambass thing. The two of them have pretty much completely moved on, and from what I've seen, have not brought up the drama or mentioned OMNI except when covering matches or specifically asked. Meanwhile, OMNI does poo poo like this, Strangers123 will go on rants about how Flamu and Flambass aren't that good "they used to be good, like, 2 years ago, but now they play like poo poo", etc etc. There are some deeply insecure dudes in that clan.

I mean Flamu and Flambass are douchbags/giant man children; however, I can only say this to OMNI: literally nobody I personally know who plays a game gives a poo poo about them, their drama, whether or not Flamu and Flambass are ‘good,’ or tournament drama generally.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

ZombieLenin posted:

I mean Flamu and Flambass are douchbags/giant man children; however, I can only say this to OMNI: literally nobody I personally know who plays a game gives a poo poo about them, their drama, whether or not Flamu and Flambass are ‘good,’ or tournament drama generally.

Mainly I wonder how seemingly nice/normal dudes like Farazelleth and RNGSama stay in there (although apparently RNGSama just left? Just looked at their page on wows numbers and noticed that. Huge blow to them if true - that guy single handedly refutes the notion that most games aren't carriable solo).

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Velius posted:

Unless you were playing two years ago you do not get to talk bad about the Furutaka. It is so, so much better now than it was before. Used to have 5 single 8” guns that were all centerline mounted with 30+ second rotation speed, as opposed to 6 in double mounts with reasonable rotation.

2 or 3 years ago could be right (Dred or Frag might remember when it was).

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

ZombieLenin posted:

Flambass has like the polar opposite personality that flamu does, for all that their names get confused nonstop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReapersTouch
Nov 25, 2004

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I've been watching alot of Flambass videos and he seems like a nice boy. MightyJingles videos are easy listenin'.