Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
drat, I won't be able to play until tomorrow or even later. Well, maybe they will at least release hotfix by the time I will be able to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Lol, I guess seeing it update to 3.0 was a little premature. Looks like the DLC did download while I was in that last meeting, so yeah it's officially out out.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
First step in starting an Africa run: download African Portraits pack

e: oh jeez i never downloaded any portrait packs before but now i have them all hell yeah

baw fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 13, 2018

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Generating random worlds for a bit.

HOLY poo poo. How did I not know about the Exclave Independence option. So happy I could cry.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

Palemdromes posted:

I just want to make an empire of pamplona is that too much to ask!!!

Ask Paradox to add bulls, then?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Haven't played in a while, just started a new Holy Fury game and this stumped me:

As Matilda of Tuscany, I married a claimant to Milan, pressed his claim, and won. In the meantime, I've got 2 daughters and a son from him, and switched inheritance to ag/cog Elective Monarchy. However, I am unable to nominate any of my children to Tuscany. Why is that?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

canepazzo posted:

Haven't played in a while, just started a new Holy Fury game and this stumped me:

As Matilda of Tuscany, I married a claimant to Milan, pressed his claim, and won. In the meantime, I've got 2 daughters and a son from him, and switched inheritance to ag/cog Elective Monarchy. However, I am unable to nominate any of my children to Tuscany. Why is that?

Are they your dynasty?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

binge crotching posted:

Are they your dynasty?

Yes, married matrilineally.

He is also a count in my duchy, and heir to Milan (as planned).

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I'm surprised by the inclusion of that new Latin culture along the Croatian coast of the Adriatic, since our knowledge of Dalmatians is spotty.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Ofaloaf posted:

I'm surprised by the inclusion of that new Latin culture along the Croatian coast of the Adriatic, since our knowledge of Dalmatians is spotty.

I've never really known the difference between the various Byzantine cultures, it's all Greek to me.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

MaxieSatan posted:

Ask Paradox to add bulls, then?

I don't get why Basques didn't get either French or Spanish portraits, it's f*cked up!

OneTruePecos
Oct 24, 2010

Ofaloaf posted:

:dadjoke:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

canepazzo posted:

Yes, married matrilineally.

He is also a count in my duchy, and heir to Milan (as planned).

Is he in your court? It's possible that it won't let him be an heir if he's not in your court.

Elective changed so much in the patch that it's hard to say what the issue would be.

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

Palemdromes posted:

I don't get why Basques didn't get either French or Spanish portraits, it's f*cked up!

They definitely use the new Italian portraits in my game.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Some of the randomized religions/cultures are :black101: as heck, it's gonna take me ages to decide on one

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

Some of the randomized religions/cultures are :black101: as heck, it's gonna take me ages to decide on one

Yeah, I did a full random world and picked a character at random, and this was my character's religion and societies:

This world already seems really cool, can't wait to see what the other religions are like.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

If they added a randomized map generator as well that would make all this randomization poo poo perfect.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I like how the symbol for The Children of the Herald could be loosely interpreted as an upside down tree with roots. :v:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Don't have time to start a game right now, but the random religions are really impressive - each has a written description, and even some of the heresies refer to aspects of their parent religion's description in some ways. Seems like even the random worlds have plenty of flavor.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Saw this on the official forums, I wonder if they can build boats in river provinces so they could raid along rivers, or they have to reach a sea province before they could?

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

I want events for burials as well as baptisms and coronations. Complete with a checklist of places where I have buried rulers and the ability to build royal tombs as in Westminster.

Tercio fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 13, 2018

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.

Tercio posted:

I want events for burials as well as baptisms and coronations. Complete with a checklist of places where I have buries rulers and the ability to build royal tombs as in Westminster.

That would be amazing.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Looks like they were serious about getting rid of the tribal_invasion CB for non-tribals. It was already pretty limited in that you had to be pagan and be a part of a couple of different culture groups, but now it's either be tribal or have elective gavelkind. Or I guess be the head of the Aztec Empire / Mongol Empire ...

code:
or = {
        is_tribal = yes
        primary_title = {
                has_law = succ_elective_gavelkind
        }
        has_landed_title = e_mongol_empire
        has_landed_title = e_mexikha
}

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Anyone looking to start a 769 African Pagan run, the High Chief of Kanem is your man. Starts aged 17, Strong, married with a male heir already, his capital is a Transafrican trade post site and a Holy Site, and he has borders with every other duchy in the kingdom. Take the Form Kingdom ambition on day 1 and set Steward and Chaplain to recruit units. You should be able to both get your kingdom and reform the faith within his lifetime, the only restriction is how fast you can make money.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
So uh, I had a look around my random map and found one religion significantly larger than most.

I like to think the duck they use as their icon is Grandmother Death:

Random Worlds is amazing.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Vastakaiun posted:

They definitely use the new Italian portraits in my game.

Can you post a screenshot? Specifically the county of Dax in the 867 start. They're still using the lovely old portraits for me, in all the starting years, and I also noticed that the Occitans do too. This sucks.

Edit: nevermind, had to reinstall and delete the doc folder, probably some old editing or mod was messing it up.

a fatguy baldspot fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 13, 2018

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Did the converter stop making dynamic ideas? because my guys are all "preserve our troops" and poo poo

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Formed the Kingdom of Wales in my 769 start and needed to get crowned. I was a bit broke and had a local bishop do it and couldn't afford a fancy party because I had just spent literally all my money on buying the kingdom title. Now I have a permanent crowned in a barn opinion malus. Don't get crowned in a barn guys.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

This a new thing in Holy Fury? Playing as Tuscany in the 1066 start - the HRE decided to transfer me to be a vassal of the Pope :stare: So now I'm outside of the HRE and under the Papacy, my son and heir is Duke of Milan under HRE and heir to all my titles (finally was able to nominate him) - what happens when I die?

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

canepazzo posted:

This a new thing in Holy Fury? Playing as Tuscany in the 1066 start - the HRE decided to transfer me to be a vassal of the Pope :stare: So now I'm outside of the HRE and under the Papacy, my son and heir is Duke of Milan under HRE and heir to all my titles (finally was able to nominate him) - what happens when I die?

Fun!

I would say you probably go back to HRE because Emperor is a higher title than Pope.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

canepazzo posted:

the pope can ask for some pretty big demands in exchange for a coronation, you might've been the gift so the newest emperor could look fully legit

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Jedit posted:

Anyone looking to start a 769 African Pagan run, the High Chief of Kanem is your man. Starts aged 17, Strong, married with a male heir already, his capital is a Transafrican trade post site and a Holy Site, and he has borders with every other duchy in the kingdom. Take the Form Kingdom ambition on day 1 and set Steward and Chaplain to recruit units. You should be able to both get your kingdom and reform the faith within his lifetime, the only restriction is how fast you can make money.

Another one I found in Africa is Chieftess Magajiva of Daura at the 867 start. You start with one province, your own bloodline, and enatic-cognatic eldership. She's also married to a guy with 4 provinces. I'm just about to unpause but I'm assuming it's matrilineal given that succession type.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
So is this definitely the last DLC?

If so, feels like the end of an era. It looks like it's a pretty good one too.

Haven't tried a game of CK2 since my marathon 769->game end Roman Empire game where I spent more time fighting the vassal limit in the last 200 years than actually playing. I straight up stopped conquering things because it became annoying to be giving out ~3 king-level viceroyalties a year in strategic fashion but I also didn't want my empire to collapse so I could get the achievement for fighting the Aztecs and Mongols at the same time (and beating the Aztecs).

But maybe I'll give another game a shot. Zoroastrian renaissance maybe?

edit: map of the maximum extent of my roman empire before I got sick of managing the stuff in Africa and the steppes.

axeil fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 13, 2018

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Looks like the Indian Subjugation CB is broken if you're a horde culture. The other CBs have been updated with the appropriate OR clause, but that one still expects you to be able to use the Tribal Invasion CB.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Oh right, they made the Romagna de jure kingdom to make the pope desire control of central Italy, AND they gave the pope the ability to do things like demand territory...I hadn't considered what that would do when paired together. Makes a nice reason to fight for freedom against the HRE if you don't want to be manipulated by papal whims. I wonder how it is after you declare the empire of Italia and conquer Rome in opposition to the Pope (and maybe raze all those Roman bishoprics to the ground). Does the pope acknowledge de jure authority?

cheesetriangles posted:

Formed the Kingdom of Wales in my 769 start and needed to get crowned. I was a bit broke and had a local bishop do it and couldn't afford a fancy party because I had just spent literally all my money on buying the kingdom title. Now I have a permanent crowned in a barn opinion malus. Don't get crowned in a barn guys.

From the look of things, you could probably afford to go un-coronated for a while while you build up the cash to get a fancy party. I wonder if there's any downside to dying without your highest title being made official.

I never pick up DLCs on release because I'm cheap, but I had hoped that they'd do a sale on Jade Dragon. Guess I'll just have to do the patch without new CBs.

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
So long Rome, I can't justify playing you for 200 more years but we had fun

time for pagans forever

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Jack2142 posted:

Fun!

I would say you probably go back to HRE because Emperor is a higher title than Pope.

Correct: Milan became my primary title and I went back to the HRE.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

There are new 50 piety nomadic horde options for every religion group. They look pretty good, especially now that the prestige light cavalry options have an offensive debuff.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

I didn't get the new DLC but I really like the patch. I've started a game as India and I've already noticed some new things.
Not sure how I feel about locking army movements, I'll have to see how that affects game balance.

The Better Garbs mod has stopped working, but I guess they'll adapt it sooner or later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

I never pick up DLCs on release because I'm cheap, but I had hoped that they'd do a sale on Jade Dragon. Guess I'll just have to do the patch without new CBs.

All the DLCs (except holy fury) are 50% off on the paradox store.