Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Gringostar posted:

dude, you're literally talking to the person that designed the irrigation system on the project that was the proof of concept for AB 1881 (Water Conservation in Landscaping Act of 2006)

that owns

also whatever happened to the push to force the ag corps to shade their irrigation canals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that owns

also whatever happened to the push to force the ag corps to shade their irrigation canals

probably didn't pass because they didn't want to get billboards all along I-5 about how the drought was both obama and sacramentos fault

also, evapotranspiration maps are a good thing to look at when trying to understand how geography plays a role in how efficient farms are

the lower the number the better the crop growing conditions

Gringostar has issued a correction as of 19:29 on Nov 13, 2018

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Gringostar posted:

probably didn't pass because they didn't want to get billboards all along I-5 about how the drought was both obama and sacramentos fault
IS GROWING FOOD "WASTING WATER"?

FOOD GROWS WHERE WATER FLOWS

END THE PELOSI DUST BOWL

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

maybe now that the dems have a supermajority in the california legislature theyll be willing to do something about the whole billionaires are stealing all our water thing

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

maybe now that the dems have a supermajority in the california legislature theyll be willing to do something about the whole billionaires are stealing all our water thing

more female billionaires stealing our water?

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Plank Walker posted:

more female billionaires stealing our water?

it's gonna be this sadly

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Azuth0667 posted:

What the gently caress?

Yeah, he seems to be a big ol' lib now. Or at least a ~the decorum~ guy.

https://twitter.com/tselatyjr

I wonder if he talks to his dad still. Somebody should get ahold of him and ask him to come post with his friends on the forum that made his professional life hell for 6 months.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Yeah, a modern monocrop farm that doesn't sell its produce is definitely going to be self-sufficient.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

FMguru posted:

IS GROWING FOOD "WASTING WATER"?

FOOD GROWS WHERE WATER FLOWS

END THE PELOSI DUST BOWL

my fav part is how they went to the effort to make them look kinda homemade but them printed dozens of them so you see the same sign repeated enough times that it's obviously the same billionaire landowner

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Not selling soybeans to China will prove to be great practice for not selling them to anyone else either.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The_Donald needs to get help and not from daddy

quote:

This sub started out pretty decent; funny memes, wacky antics, etc. But it's very slowly become way too depressing with all the real news and truth. The mainstream media is much more colorful and fun, and they filter through all the pesky facts to feed me easily digestible opinions.
-
What if a smart group of pedes created the "Judicial Watch" of election integrity?
They would become MASTERS of slamming fraud into the ground.
They could have volunteers across the nation (people like us) to report in via an app on the status of a polling locale. Election Does and Don'ts at the finger tips of the volunteer for their area. And a one click set of buttons to notify authorities of any election malfeance observed and continuing.
-
We are so screwed. The GOP seem to be fine with it and I don’t see what Trump can do right now. This scares the absolute poo poo out of me. My faith is in Trump, but how many election can be flipped by “found votes” before something is done?
-
I'm giving it until Trump is out of office, until that point he can still have some kind of trick I didn't expect. He's been more ahead of the curve then we ever knew we know, but we'll still have to see.
-
WHERE ARE ALL THE MISSING BALLOTS FROM THE RACES WHERE DEMS NARROWLY DEFEATED REPUBS? I WANT MISSING BALLOTS FOUND IN THOSE ELECTIONS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
How about the loving military?!?
Send in the troops. This is clearly a coup deta!! It needs to be stopped!!
Now!
-
What if a smart group of pedes created the "Judicial Watch" of election integrity?

They could have volunteers across the nation (people like us) to report in via an app on the status of a polling locale. Election Does and Don'ts at the finger tips of the volunteer for their area. And a one click set of buttons to notify authorities of any election malfeance observed and continuing.
-
The democrats are destroying everything. Literally.
At this rate, some speculate we can just out survive these rats. After all, they hate working.
Shouldn’t be tooo hard to beat
-
On the citizen side, we were so loving smug with that whole "No protests we accept lossess" which they will now USE against us should we rise against the voter fraud even though the situation has changed... not like we'd protest anyway "har i have a Jerb in the morning" meanwhile your country is going to poo poo because you complacently let these malicious actors loving steal it.

And dont even TRY to say we "Play by the rules" Part of playing by the rules is seeing to it that justice comes to traitorous cheaters. Here's my ultimatum.... we sit here doing nothing for 2 years lose Trump (the only guy trying to do anything to stop this) orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr we stand the gently caress up for our country, and risk looking a little bad when we have the laws (and constitution) ON OUR SIDE.
-
2020 will be worse because the conservative birthrate is dwindling. Until we have more children, we can expect to see more losses like this.
-
It doesn't matter anymore.
Our country is a joke.
Sorry, but I'm really really depressed about this voting poo poo. Nobody is stopping the blatant cheating. Nobody will face any consequences.
-

I voted Trump to do something about the corruption in US politics that gave us ACA, which raised healthcare costs for the average taxpayer by 3-4x. So far, i've seen more conservative judges and 2 conservatives on the Supreme Court, which is great; however, i'm depressed that Democrats still get away with stuff like this. The strength and weakness with conservatives is that we work. We cant be proactive to go out and protest, to be watchdogs at polls, and we are powerless when law enforcement and media are "bought", like with a majority of the media and the Broward county sherif's office. The GOP needs their Lindsey Graham moment, they need to do something about these "FOUND ballots"; and they should have done something a long time ago. This needs to be dealt with now, before 2020. The Democrats are fighting a war, while the GOP are playing checkers.
-
God. Damnit!
This is horrific.
It cannot stand. There is a political party actively defrauding the United States election system. And everyone in the opposition is dicking around about the philosophical implications of it.

What the Democrats are doing is only slightly different from them just literally murdering their opponents.

If it stands, we can finally say this great experiment has failed. Trump's win was miraculous because the Democrats didn't commit enough fraud.

"Cheat" isn't the right word. "Steal" isn't either. An election is probably the very pinnacle of freedom, and they are destroying it so they can claim power. Dictators do this. Horrible ones.

This is high treason. Maybe several levels of treason worse than anyone has committed in the United States.
-
Can "We the people" file a class action lawsuit against every state?
-
I have all but given up hope. 😞
-
WTF is up with all the doom and gloom and "just give up" bullshit on this sub?
Why aren't you ANGRY?
Why aren't you DOING something?!
Why aren't we marching on Washington? Why aren't we organizing protests in the state capitals?

Instead this high energy sub has been turned into 'oh we're sooooo doomed; Trump is a failure; we should all just give up and let the left take power for the rest of our lives.'
This is pathetic.
-
Wtf?! SERIOUSLY????? Im seriously going to lose my poo poo over all these steals!

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

They seem to be taking it well.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

quote:

God. Damnit!
This is horrific.
It cannot stand. There is a political party actively defrauding the United States election system. And everyone in the opposition is dicking around about the philosophical implications of it.

What the Democrats are doing is only slightly different from them just literally murdering their opponents.

If it stands, we can finally say this great experiment has failed. Trump's win was miraculous because the Democrats didn't commit enough fraud.

"Cheat" isn't the right word. "Steal" isn't either. An election is probably the very pinnacle of freedom, and they are destroying it so they can claim power. Dictators do this. Horrible ones.

This is high treason. Maybe several levels of treason worse than anyone has committed in the United States.

counting the votes is now high treason (not a thing)

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Super maxi ultratreason

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

augias posted:

I live in downtown detroit, and i come from a developing country, as well as having lived in another even poorer developing country a few years. Lets get it straight; detroit is rough but "the inner city" is mainly stores, stadiums and gentrification. The only time i feel like i am back in the third world is when im in the blighted suburbs surrounding the city core, on the highways, and rural michigan.

The inner city is expanding too, I figure in 20-30 years the blighted suburbs out to Telegraph near where I am will be revitalized. Detroit, city of Tomorrow

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

The_Donald needs to get help and not from daddy

Me irl reading these posts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jJkdRaa04g

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

me irl reading these posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqYhuwu614Y

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Car Hater posted:

The inner city is expanding too, I figure in 20-30 years the blighted suburbs out to Telegraph near where I am will be revitalized. Detroit, city of Tomorrow

Im rooting for you guys but i dont see it happening i gilded-age 2.0. i recently visited cleveland and they had their revitalization whatever happen a decade or so earlier and it's really nice! So i guess its possible.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hold up

are you loving telling me the irrigation canals are just in direct sunlight???

who the gently caress is running this poo poo show of a country my god.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

chud posted:

They could have volunteers across the nation (people like us) to report in via an app on the status of a polling locale. Election Does and Don'ts at the finger tips of the volunteer for their area. And a one click set of buttons to notify authorities of any election malfeance observed and continuing

servers go down instantly because they all saw someone dusky casting a vote and break their screens 'reporting' this obvious fraud

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

hold up

the billionaires who dont have to pay for the shitloads of water theyre wasting and instead force those costs onto the poor

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Stewart Resnick and his wife Lynda have been criticized for their role in growing water-intensive nut tree cropsa single almond requires more than 1 gallon of water[11]in the Central Valley, mainly for export,[12] during California's ongoing drought. According to Forbes Magazine: "Their oasis has plenty of water, the result of relentless opportunism that has given their orchards access to more water than nearly any other farm during the worst drought on record in California's history. The Resnicks use at least 120 billion gallons a year, two-thirds on nuts, enough to supply San Francisco's 852,000 residents for a decade. They own a majority stake in the Kern Water Bank, one of California's largest underground water storage facilities, which the state of California had spent $75 million to develop.[13] It is capable of storing 500 billion gallons of water. They have also spent at least $35 million in recent years buying up more water from nearby districts to replenish their supplies." [14]

At the same time as exporting almonds to Asia and other locations, they import Fiji bottled water from the South Pacific. According to Forbes: "Regarding their water business in Fiji, they have been vilified as greedy capitalists for hogging the archipelago's precious water supply. They bought Fiji Water in 2005 and started pumping out and bottling millions of pricey water bottles from a pristine aquifer. Meanwhile island natives didn't always have water to drink themselves, due to crumbling and insufficient infrastructure." [14]

In addition, their claims for the "POM" pomegranate drink have been contested. Forbes reported, "The Federal Trade Commission filed a complaint in 2010 that the Resnicks' POM Wonderful had used deceptive advertising when marketing the antioxidant-rich drink as being able to treat, prevent or reduce the risk of heart disease, prostate cancer and erectile dysfunction. In 2012 a federal judge agreed that some of the ads were misleading. In 2013 FTC commissioners denied the Resnicks' appeal. In October of 2015, the Resnicks asked the Supreme Court to take the case."[14] In May 2016 the Supreme Court declined.[15]

I mean, guillotine idk what to say. Guillotine.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Nice game of spot the next mass shooter in the TD thread.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

theyre that riled up about the AZ recount and losing 1 senate seat? they still control the senate, right, so whats the big deal?

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Moridin920 posted:

quote:

Stewart Resnick and his wife Lynda have been criticized for their role in growing water-intensive nut tree cropsa single almond requires more than 1 gallon of water[11]in the Central Valley, mainly for export,[12] during California's ongoing drought. According to Forbes Magazine: "Their oasis has plenty of water, the result of relentless opportunism that has given their orchards access to more water than nearly any other farm during the worst drought on record in California's history. The Resnicks use at least 120 billion gallons a year, two-thirds on nuts, enough to supply San Francisco's 852,000 residents for a decade. They own a majority stake in the Kern Water Bank, one of California's largest underground water storage facilities, which the state of California had spent $75 million to develop.[13] It is capable of storing 500 billion gallons of water. They have also spent at least $35 million in recent years buying up more water from nearby districts to replenish their supplies." [14]

At the same time as exporting almonds to Asia and other locations, they import Fiji bottled water from the South Pacific. According to Forbes: "Regarding their water business in Fiji, they have been vilified as greedy capitalists for hogging the archipelago's precious water supply. They bought Fiji Water in 2005 and started pumping out and bottling millions of pricey water bottles from a pristine aquifer. Meanwhile island natives didn't always have water to drink themselves, due to crumbling and insufficient infrastructure." [14]

In addition, their claims for the "POM" pomegranate drink have been contested. Forbes reported, "The Federal Trade Commission filed a complaint in 2010 that the Resnicks' POM Wonderful had used deceptive advertising when marketing the antioxidant-rich drink as being able to treat, prevent or reduce the risk of heart disease, prostate cancer and erectile dysfunction. In 2012 a federal judge agreed that some of the ads were misleading. In 2013 FTC commissioners denied the Resnicks' appeal. In October of 2015, the Resnicks asked the Supreme Court to take the case."[14] In May 2016 the Supreme Court declined.[15]

I mean, guillotine idk what to say. Guillotine.

Privatizing watermanagement...I...
Carry on America.

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

Eating, America's pastime.

Me reading anything:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acT_PSAZ7BQ

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
More trumpgret please

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

This is clearly a <squints eyes> coup deta!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Cacafuego posted:

they’re that riled up about the AZ recount and losing 1 senate seat? they still control the senate, right, so what’s the big deal?

They're loving idiots

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

OhFunny posted:

Nice game of spot the next mass shooter in the TD thread.

This might just be because I remember those ines better but the mass shooters tend to the ones who make claims that they themselves will take action, rather then claiming the wider group needs too.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Cacafuego posted:

theyre that riled up about the AZ recount and losing 1 senate seat? they still control the senate, right, so whats the big deal?

They are wailing about "RINOs" who will do very un-MAGA things such as draw straws to see which one will get credit for symbolically crossing party lines on key votes.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Cacafuego posted:

I'd say they were realizing how much harder that makes keeping the senate in 2020.
Or they were ruminating about how this election was a once in a generation level of favorable to them and they picked up an absolutely pathetic amount.

But we both know they're dumb ignorant shits who are raging because "DEM TAKE THING FROM TRUMP, THEY CHEAT".

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Moridin920 posted:

hold up

let me introduce you to western arizona (the driest, hottest, flattest part) and the central arizona project.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Cacafuego posted:

There are still two senate seats that haven't been called yet. Florida in the Scott vs. Nelson race with all the Florida fuckery, and a runoff in the Mississippi senate race that isn't until the 27th. Dems could still maybe end up winning both of those seats.

they probably felt entitled to total control of the government and bought into pissgoblin's RED WAVE!11!!11! nonsense but that didn't happen so they're mimicking their pissbrained president and his toddler tantrums

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001
It's also because only +2 seats gives dems a much better chance of taking the senate in 2020 than +3 seats. The Republican grand strategy, insofar as there is one, depends on maintaining control of at least one branch of the legislature to stymie any and all action during Dem presidencies, allowing them to stoke voter discontent. If they lose control of the senate, there is a small but nonzero chance that the democratic party grows a spine, abolishes the filibuster, packs the supreme court, and admits Guam, Puerto Rico, and American Samoa as states. That would be catastrophic for their agenda, and while it's unlikely to happen, every seat they can put between themselves and that chance makes them happier.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

TheBalor posted:

there is a small but nonzero chance that the democratic party grows a spine

lol

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

I'm not sure the chuds actually care about political strategy at all, they just wanted to own the libs by winning bigly and were shocked when the opposite happened.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

I'm not sure the chuds actually care about political strategy at all, they just wanted to own the libs by winning bigly and were shocked when the opposite happened.

Well, I'm speaking more of the high party leaders when I speak of a grand strategy, but the lead boars showing disquiet spooks the other hogs.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNYcentral/status/1062510424355168256

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
???