Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
These new games look really mediocre to me and I won’t be buying them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

TheKingofSprings posted:

hell, same

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

absolutely anything posted:

the names are dumb but there's a line between "these names are dumb" and "the CRINGE names of this game are DRAINING THE TESTOSTERONE from my 30 year old and very mature body, something something pacifier rear end" and crossing that line makes you a huge loving weirdo loser

good job ninja editing that room temperature burn in btw, i can see why it took you a while to come up with

yeah that was what was totally posted, and totally not a delusion of your spergful man child mind. You, of all people, should definitely consider feeling more shame about everything you do.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I like Pokémon so I’m buying the Eevee version digitally.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

TheKingofSprings posted:

Originally I had no interest without the wild encounters, but the master trainers seem like a fun gimmick. Even if it sucks that I'm going to have to fight "master metapod" trainer.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sizzly_Slide_(move)

100% accurate, 90 BP physical attack with a guaranteed burn. If Flareon gets this it just might be useful after 20 years!

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Eox posted:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sizzly_Slide_(move)

100% accurate, 90 BP physical attack with a guaranteed burn. If Flareon gets this it just might be useful after 20 years!

I was under the impression Eevee couldn't evolve and that these moves were exclusive to Pikachu and Eevee.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I bought both digital and the Pokeball plus should come some time during the afternoon on Friday.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i bought the physical of pikachu for myself and the physical of eevee for my gf, gonna get those and the pokeballs on friday

we were originally gonna get the switch but decided we didn't really need a second one (yet)

it'll be nice to finally have the accessory for pokemon go as well because gd it hurts my neck walking around staring at my phone when we're walking the dog at the park

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Poor Flareon is going to be a worse fire type than regular old lukewarm Eevee. I was always a Jolteon man but it ain't right what they do that good boy.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Poor Flareon is going to be a worse fire type than regular old lukewarm Eevee. I was always a Jolteon man but it ain't right what they do that good boy.

This really would have been a good opportunity for Game Freak to make the 151 pokemon suck less, but alas.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Mordor She Wrote posted:

This really would have been a good opportunity for Game Freak to make the 151 pokemon suck less, but alas.

maybe they should've buffy wuffed them

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

maybe they should've buffy wuffed them

Well I mean, if we were keeping with Gamefreak's apparent attempt at appealing to the 3 year old and Brony crowd it would probably be" buffy wuffied" as opposed to "buffy wuffed"

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

why do you keep referring to bronies lmao, were you cryogenically frozen in 2013 and just thawed out today

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

i don't know where you got this brony thing

it's not my bag but i literally don't care if people want to watch cartoon pony shows. it has literally nothing to do with me and it harms me absolutely none.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

why do you keep referring to bronies lmao, were you cryogenically frozen in 2013 and just thawed out today

He was freezy frosted.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

I don't keep up with literal baby media so I don't know what the new thing for shameless cringey basement dwellers to think is ok to do outside.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mordor She Wrote posted:

I don't keep up with literal baby media so I don't know what the new thing for shameless cringey basement dwellers to think is ok to do outside.

You keep up with pokemon so you literally do keep up with literal baby media

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, going for a walk? Guess you've been watching a little too much Dora the Explorer you baby bitch :smuggo:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

have you guys heard about these 'furries' lmao what in the world

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Andrast posted:

You keep up with pokemon so you literally do keep up with literal baby media

I think it speaks volumes that you can't tell the difference between something with flashing lights meant to distract babies with unformed brains vs something family friendly.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mordor She Wrote posted:

I think it speaks volumes that you can't tell the difference between something with flashing lights meant to distract babies with unformed brains vs something family friendly.

Whatever makes you feel better

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Mordor She Wrote posted:

I bet people stare at you and call you a manchild a lot tbqh.

They're not the ones posting like manchildren.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

This is a really weird meltdown.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Cicadas! posted:

yes, people sperging out being offended at "the attack names are bad and for literal babies" and dying on the hill of being infantilized are bizarre.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

You probably already know this, but I wasn't talking about them, hoss.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Cicadas! posted:

not their weirdest!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Mordor She Wrote posted:

yes, people sperging out being offended at "the attack names are bad and for literal babies" and dying on the hill of being infantilized are bizarre.

you’d think for how self-conscious you are about people potentially thinking you’re some sort of childish freak you’d catch on to the fact that everyone itt thinks you’re a childish freak a little quicker

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

you’d think for how self-conscious you are about people potentially thinking you’re some sort of childish freak you’d catch on to the fact that everyone itt thinks you’re a childish freak a little quicker

Oh no, the anime avatars will think lesser of me because I said splishy splashy is a dumb name.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
Someone should lock this thread until people on both sides of this really dumb argument learn to make better burns

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Most of the Eevee move names are bad, but Baddy Bad is so uninspired it loops right back to being the most inspired thing to come out of the Let's Go! games. If I do end up getting them at some point I will definitely get the Eevee version and that will be its most used attack.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Oh no, the anime avatars will think lesser of me because I said splishy splashy is a dumb name.

excuse me my avatar is a real life psyduck not anime

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Most of the Eevee move names are bad, but Baddy Bad is so uninspired it loops right back to being the most inspired thing to come out of the Let's Go! games.

Baddy bad is sort of the worst of the bunch because i'm not even entirely sure what type it's supposed to be, I assume dark, but it's not immediately clear.

Andrast posted:

excuse me my avatar is a real life psyduck not anime

big if true.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Earnestly posted:

Someone should lock this thread until people on both sides of this really dumb argument learn to make better burns

Burny Burns are serious medical issues.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
has there been confirmation on what or who monpoke is yet

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Most of the Eevee move names are bad, but Baddy Bad is so uninspired it loops right back to being the most inspired thing to come out of the Let's Go! games. If I do end up getting them at some point I will definitely get the Eevee version and that will be its most used attack.

If anything it's a perfect example of Let's Go as a whole. They did something so dumb and silly but went 100% all in on it and made some genuinely good effort and it became good as hell.

Also, surprised to see this is getting some genuinely good reviews from pokefans and places like ign and all. The general theme seems to be 'if you don't mind playing a slightly simplified game version and aren't sick to death of Kanto they actually did a really good job making this weird hybrid between Go and a 'real' pokemon game that's pretty engaging and incredibly charming'.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Hey, what if instead of different versions, the Switch Pokemon randomized your pokemon per savefile? Like, for one slot it could be Pidgey. Starly or Braviary depending on your seed.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Moriatti posted:

Hey, what if instead of different versions, the Switch Pokemon randomized your pokemon per savefile? Like, for one slot it could be Pidgey. Starly or Braviary depending on your seed.

That would actually be really nice, one of the things that I end up getting stuck doing in pokemon is just using the same ones through each run through, getting into situations were you're forced to using something new would be cool.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

sexpig by night posted:

If anything it's a perfect example of Let's Go as a whole. They did something so dumb and silly but went 100% all in on it and made some genuinely good effort and it became good as hell.

Also, surprised to see this is getting some genuinely good reviews from pokefans and places like ign and all. The general theme seems to be 'if you don't mind playing a slightly simplified game version and aren't sick to death of Kanto they actually did a really good job making this weird hybrid between Go and a 'real' pokemon game that's pretty engaging and incredibly charming'.

Going from reviews, I doubt I'll be getting it any time soon, but I am excited to see this gameplay get more refined and tackle other regions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

it'll be the first actual pokemon game i've bought since diamond/pearl bc it's the first time i'll know a bunch of people from my non gamer social circle actually playing a pokemon game in a really long time (since high school) so i'm super hyped