Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The Glumslinger posted:

OK, some serious news

https://twitter.com/shashj/status/1062434464494747649

EU and NATO is telling the US that its planning to form a common army because America can no longer be trusted to act as its protector

This will be a hilarious disaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

axelord posted:

We can both agree that Pelosi has power right? Cops are not going to mess with anything to do with her office without talking to someone. This is how the world works man.

Yes I am sure Nancy Pelosi who is in a very visible run to be the next house speaker is going to laud protesters to the public while whispering to some jerkoff staff sergeant to have them all arrested.

This career politician, proven to be as or more savvy than any in recent memory. Definitely how it went down.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

axelord posted:

Messing with powerful people is not good for your career if you are a cop. Someone called her office before they took any action. This is just common sense.

The minority speaker of the house has no jurisdiction or power over the Capitol Police. They are overseen by the Capitol Police Board. The Architect of the Capitol has more power over these police than Nancy Pelosi. He is appointed for a 10 year term by the president and confirmed by the Senate.

Xombie fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Nov 13, 2018

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

axelord posted:

Messing with powerful people is not good for your career if you are a cop. Someone called her office before they took any action. This is just common sense.

You really think they'd just let 200 people chill outside her office? LOL that is dumb beyond belief.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I heard they're planning to call it the Grande Armée

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

axelord posted:

Counterpoint: fire code.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

No Safe Word posted:

https://twitter.com/cam_joseph/status/1062412022602784768

A Totally Normal Brain at work here

e: what the gently caress is a "Competitionist"

I knew this was gonna happen. Keep in mind Whitey got picked up because he was loudly complaining about Obama in a restaurant and someone recognized him

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Of the multitude of possible scenarios that could have happened, certainly the correct one is:

Nancy Pelosi called the cops on the protestors, but also gave them largely what they wanted, and then exhorted the Capitol Police to leave them alone

It's just common sense

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

skylined! posted:

Counterpoint: fire code.

uhhh they would never enforce the fire code unless Nancy Pelosi called them and gave them her personal code word

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
It seems that axelord believes the capitol police are vampires, they can only come in and arrest people if you invite them

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Rent-A-Cop posted:

"Forsooth fellow coppers, a crime most foul! Let us enforce the goode lawe!" - the guys who got in trouble for leaving their guns in the shitter so much their boss got fired

Cops love beating and arresting protestors. They do it even if the protest is legal!

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
https://twitter.com/saikatc/status/1062405809685049345

https://twitter.com/evanlweber/status/1062436869634449408

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

My god this WH becomes more and more of a shitshow every day. The first lady is now publicly calling for people in the admin to get fired. That's unprecedented.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

uhhh they would never enforce the fire code unless Nancy Pelosi called them and gave them her personal code word

her personal code word:

decorum

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

aware of dog posted:

It seems that axelord believes the capitol police are vampires, they can only come in and arrest people if you invite them

Protesters drawing anarchy symbols with salt at their feet

enraged_camel posted:

her personal code word:

decorum

:golfclap:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Your Taint posted:

My god this WH becomes more and more of a shitshow every day. The first lady is now publicly calling for people in the admin to get fired. That's unprecedented.

i don't care, do u?

Jokes aside, the next president will spend the majority of their time cleaning up Trump's mess.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Your Taint posted:

The first lady is now publicly calling for people in the admin to get fired. That's unprecedented.
That's because they think they're god-emperors and not public servants.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Well duh, that's what makes it a fire code.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

I was all set to not take top rope no-blue-checkmark dude seriously but welp just got a news alert from Reuters about it. Holy poo poo what a disgrace.

Rent-A-Cop posted:

For US diplomacy, yes.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

aware of dog posted:

No but they are not going to mess with Pelosi's office without talking with someone.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

axelord posted:

The Capitol Police also wouldn't ignore literally any other representative complaining about it because the office buildings are used by more people than just Pelosi.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

enraged_camel posted:

Jokes aside, the next president will spend the majority of their time cleaning up Trump's mess.

The Clintons removed all the 'W' keys from White House computers.

So they might literally have to clean up Trump's mess.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

No Safe Word posted:

e: what the gently caress is a "Competitionist"

I mean, what's a competition but a race?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Rent-A-Cop posted:

No, the UK's leaving the EU

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

enraged_camel posted:

the next president will spend the majority of their time cleaning up Trump's mess.

I can't imagine. You'd have to go around trying to find old State Department staffers who can re-establish somewhat of a functioning institution again. Gut the EPA and maybe re-boot with a clear mission statement for the 21st century. Abolish ICE.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

axelord posted:

No but they are not going to mess with Pelosi's office without talking with someone.

Yeah, I mean if they saw someone breaking the window and taking a poo poo inside, they would need to talk to someone before arresting them

1337JiveTurkey posted:

The Capitol Police also wouldn't ignore literally any other representative complaining about it because the office buildings are used by more people than just Pelosi.

Sorry, it HAD to be Pelosi, only she has the power to *check notes* make police arrest people

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

1337JiveTurkey posted:

Pelosi just lives in that office alone with a bunch of props with labels from political cartoons.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

I heard they're planning to call it the Grande Armée

The French will finally have their day

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Push El Burrito posted:

oh my gooooooooooooood

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Brb, off to burgle all of the Capitol because apparently the police can’t do anything about it unless allowed by party leadership

Gonna steal all that candy in the Senate desk

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

fuckkk

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Ague Proof posted:

Cite? Because I remember all kinds of unsubstantiated bullshit that was tossed around when W came in that was later determined to be a bunch of bullshit.

Stop buying into Republican propaganda.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

skeleton warrior posted:

Brb, off to burgle all of the Capitol because apparently the police can’t do anything about it unless allowed by party leadership

Gonna steal all that candy in the Senate desk
You will be literally tackled by the Sargent at Arms before you get a single skittle into your mouth.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Ague Proof posted:

They're gonna have to strip it down to the girders and rebuild. Once you've soaked wood in urine it doesn't really come out.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Skex posted:

Cite? Because I remember all kinds of unsubstantiated bullshit that was tossed around when W came in that was later determined to be a bunch of bullshit.

Stop buying into Republican propaganda.

Yeah they claimed that Clinton staffers just trashed the place, in reality it was only a couple keyboards with the W taken off (still next to the keyboard and easy to pop on, not stolen), a harmless prank.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/danarubinstein/status/1062418958672912384

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

skylined! posted:

Yes I am sure Nancy Pelosi who is in a very visible run to be the next house speaker is going to laud protesters to the public while whispering to some jerkoff staff sergeant to have them all arrested.

This career politician, proven to be as or more savvy than any in recent memory. Definitely how it went down.

she's such a diabolical genius that she knew you'd say this, thereby letting her have her cake and jail it for giggles too!

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Yeah they claimed that Clinton staffers just trashed the place, in reality it was only a couple keyboards with the W taken off (still next to the keyboard and easy to pop on, not stolen), a harmless prank.

It's amazing just how gullible these super cynical :matters: "leftists" can be sometimes.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Tibalt posted:

You will be literally tackled by the Sargent at Arms before you get a single skittle into your mouth.

gently caress, right, he’s got a mace and as a skeleton I only have DR/piercing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/awzurcher/status/1062376874897227776?s=21