Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

jBrereton posted:

what even is the deal other than "Not SuperCanada", ofc

it'll be the norway deal that's supposedly been on the backburner for a decade or so, with a few key word changes so they can claim it isn't some off the rack garbage like what a riff raff would sign

e; 106; 106 dead tory MP's would not be enough dead tory MPs for it to be the best possible day in UK politics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

jBrereton posted:

The repeal of the Corn Laws????????

Specifically, the resulting split in the conservative party. I was making a silly reference to his being MP for the 19th century.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Okay, in what might be the most hubristic decision of my life, I've just booked a 3 week holiday in the US starting April 6th. Seriously tempted to change my spending money over to USD now.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

domhal posted:

Specifically, the resulting split in the conservative party. I was making a silly reference to his being MP for the 19th century.
I mean I'm literally not sure what he meant b/c there was a lot of Politics in 1846 but it was my guess was all, I was not trying to ruin yer joke which is Accurate

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I still think it's a BNA reference, he thinks we'll lose all of Britain below the 49th parallel again, which would be Gibraltar this time around.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Failed Imagineer posted:

It's going to be real good, OP. More man-hours have gone into this than RDR2, and I'm sure it will be equally compelling

Brexit means... exquisitely rendered horse testicles :confused:

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.
Probably a nice time to remind your local Labour MP that voting to support this deal is a career-ending move.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Unfortunately it probably isn't. If they support it and succeed they'll be the heroes of the right and the wingnut welfare might be better paid tha the labour party.

Though the nice thing about the UK is we do occasionally just dump people into the bin of history and it's very satisfying.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Mu. posted:

Probably a nice time to remind your local Labour MP that voting to support this deal is a career-ending move.

Say it in person, full eye contact, holding a burning noose.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Unless you're in Hackney North, in which case you'll probably just get a pail of water in the face and a "fucks sake, that's the third one of these cunts this morning."

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Ah, that'll be why Gary Lineker has all but dropped out of the picture here in recent months.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/aliya__ram/status/1062395894698516480

https://twitter.com/kadhimshubber/status/1062446672125542401

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

coffeetable posted:

one more of ukmt's favourite genre of articles: its-not-as-much-as-youd-think-actually

https://graziadaily.co.uk/life/real-life/borrowing-money-from-parents/

I'm pretty sure the agency she works for tendered for a project I was doing lst year. I can 100% believe she spends all her money on utter frivolous poo poo given the work environment they were in.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1062456175797682177

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Comments are an amazing melting pot of different kinds of crazy.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

Comments are an amazing melting pot of different kinds of crazy.

This is my favourite one

https://twitter.com/WoolwichPigeon/status/1062456603964854273

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

OwlFancier posted:

Unfortunately it probably isn't. If they support it and succeed they'll be the heroes of the right and the wingnut welfare might be better paid tha the labour party.

They can be deselected by members now and I can't imagine a situation in which an MP survives their CLP if they help both pass Brexit and avoid an early GE.

Even Kate Hoey has found an excuse to not vote for this, you got to be insanely brave or stupid to do it and that leaves pretty much Frank Fields.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Fans posted:

They can be deselected by members now and I can't imagine a situation in which an MP survives their CLP if they help both pass Brexit and avoid an early GE.

Even Kate Hoey has found an excuse to not vote for this, you got to be insanely brave or stupid to do it and that leaves pretty much Frank Fields.

Oh no obviously they'll be hated by the labour party but I suspect the right wing cunts might be gunning for lucrative careers outside it.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

OwlFancier posted:

Oh no obviously they'll be hated by the labour party but I suspect the right wing cunts might be gunning for lucrative careers outside it.

Those 4 shits must know they're getting deselected anyway so may as well get some RW cred and get a sweet job on the board of Cunts R Us or something.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

That said even Jess Philips has pivoted to "I've supported Corbyn all along" recently.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
She's trying to top Rod Liddle's "I'm a trans chihuahua" for easily countered bullshit of the week?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Though the nice thing about the UK is we do occasionally just dump people into the bin of history and it's very satisfying.

The far-right loons benefiting from wingnut welfare hate this deal, too. Or did you miss Rees-Mogg and the DUP's grandstanding?

Backing May on this one curries favour with nobody of significance.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

WhatEvil posted:

That said even Jess Philips has pivoted to "I've supported Corbyn all along" recently.

Wait what?

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

I couldn’t parse that on first reading either.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

forkboy84 posted:

Wait what?

I probably won't be able to find it now as she posts on twitter a lot but I'm sure I've seen here recently saying that kind of poo poo.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Darth Walrus posted:

They may just be hoping they can bully her into the no-deal crash-out they crave - and honestly, they're probably on to something there.

Doesn't she just have to sit tight in that case? She's given no shits before and with re-ferendum doing the rounds their support for thats no stronger

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?
Guys I've spent the day walking around Weston-Super-Mare trying to pretend the rest of the world doesn't exist and I turn my phone on to this what is happening?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Can a referendum be added to the bill to ratify May's brexit deal?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

WhatEvil posted:

I probably won't be able to find it now as she posts on twitter a lot but I'm sure I've seen here recently saying that kind of poo poo.

I shouldn't be shocked, she's always seemed about as sincere as a 4Chan poster

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

KayTee posted:

Guys I've spent the day walking around Weston-Super-Mare trying to pretend the rest of the world doesn't exist and I turn my phone on to this what is happening?

It.

It's happening.

Tories are out of time and it looks to be coming to a head, but you can turn your phone back off if you'd rather not watch the process. Nothing you can do about it either way.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

OwlFancier posted:

Tories are out of time and it looks to be coming to a head,

Oh, Dave's back?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1062466422130073601?s=20

Ahahahahahha

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

:cripes:

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

UK-wide then?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Im ready to Brexit.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Gum posted:

Oh, Dave's back?

Lol

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

wait, is this something that's been changed in the past couple of hours to appease the DUP, or am I reading it wrong? surely they'd have to go back to the EU to make any changes at this point?

E: if that's the case, did they just think the DUP weren't going to read it? :wtf:

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Gum posted:

UK-wide then?

Yes that's what's been leaked

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I have no idea what is happening but everyone on Twitter seems to hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

The leaked details is a UK wide customs union light with some kind of annex relating to NI rolled into the general deal relating to maintenance of single market regulations in NI as a broad backstop (that again only kicks in after the transition if no new trading deal can be negotiated)