Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

J
Jun 10, 2001

This looks like a gently caress ton of content, goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Yeah I double checked, 20% too. I just did the shift right click thing really fast and kinda continued in horror as it kept going and going. I'm over it though : )

It doesn't stop when fully linked on a 4L, only a 6L. You probably spammed past multiple 4Ls.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I look forward to killing vagan for real this time

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jinnigan posted:

ok so obviously the masterminds of the new syndicate are the old masters right

I hope so. gently caress you Vorici and your lovely quests.

e: vvv hahaha fffffffffuck

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
looking forward to the keep vorici on low life for 3 minutes challenge that I need for 36

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Zhulik posted:

looking forward to the keep vorici on low life for 3 minutes challenge that I need for 36

no don't speak this evil into existence

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I am very excited for this new league even though I already figured out the identity of the head of the syndicate...it's Vorici

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Kalsco posted:

Loving the master rework just being dumpstering it wholesale.

Also surprised delve is immediately back up to bat! That was quick.

I aint gonna miss them. When I first got in, they were nice and it brought sone life to the world. But with my altiholism, I just cannot get past level 4/5 on these needy bitches.

Also I aint even built a hideout yet. I comepletely noped out of those mechanics. I looked at a wiki to see hideout tilesets and to plan out the decisions required to craft these modifiers which are not like those modifiers. It is a convoluted mess.

An NPC for each of the Content Leagues seems like the right amount of people I have to build lil setpeices for in my hideout. Removing the hideout masters removes the "mother may I" aspect of placing down objects.

So, can anyone give me a run down on Incursion?

Edit: rip Vorici. He was cool. Every single one of his missions spawned an Exile. Even if I failed his task I still got a piniata of loot. Maybe I should check out his level 4 crafting to see if it was worth putting him in my practice shack.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Qwertycoatl posted:

It doesn't stop when fully linked on a 4L, only a 6L. You probably spammed past multiple 4Ls.

just lol @ this

Also I looked at the soulstealer pack, that's probably the fastest I've windmill slammed a supporter pack

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
well, less zana and leo there's 6 masters. hrmm

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

So I guess Incursion is just back as-is then?

Though I suppose she probably won't be in every area like she was during the league, which makes it kind of .. awkward. If there's a way to get Incursions-on-Demand that'd be neat, the Guatelitzi prefix was so nice I wants it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I love that the league UI is pictures on corkboard tied together with string.

Turns out the head of the syndicate is none other than Pepe Silvia.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

between veilcrafting, beastcrafting, and fossilcrafting i'm really going to have to learn "anything at all" about crafting, a part of the game i have entirely 100% ignored thus far

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

No Safe Word posted:

So I guess Incursion is just back as-is then?

Though I suppose she probably won't be in every area like she was during the league, which makes it kind of .. awkward. If there's a way to get Incursions-on-Demand that'd be neat, the Guatelitzi prefix was so nice I wants it.

it'd be nice to have the incursion and delve content at something like 50-70% of the league appearance. less than that and it's too far apart, but that seems like a good balance between "present and meaningful part of gameplay" vs where breaches are now which is "a nice treat on the rare occasion it does show up"

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Jinnigan posted:

between veilcrafting, beastcrafting, and fossilcrafting i'm really going to have to learn "anything at all" about crafting, a part of the game i have entirely 100% ignored thus far

here's my secret to crafting:

1) plan out what you want
2) search for it
3) cry because it's incredibly expensive
4) refine your search
5) buy the B+ item from some fukkin' nerd for cheaper

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

I love that the league UI is pictures on corkboard tied together with string.

Turns out the head of the syndicate is none other than Pepe Silvia.

Ray Calast, this name keeps comin' up over and over and over again. Every day Ray's mail's getting sent back to me. Ray Calast, Ray Calast, I look in the mail, this whole box is Ray Calast! So I say to myself I gotta find this guy. I gotta go up to his hideout, I gotta put his mail in the guy's goddamn hands! Otherwise he's never gonna get it, it's gonna keep coming back down here. So I go up to Ray's office and what do I find out, exile, what do I find out? There is no Ray Calast. The man does not exist, okay? So I decided, ohh poo poo, buddy, I gotta dig a little deeper. There's no Ray Calast, you gotta be kidding me, I got boxes full of Ray! All right, so I start marching my way down to Nessa in H.R. and I knock on her door and I say, "Neeesssa, Neeesa! I gotta talk to you about Ray!" And when I open the door, what do I find? There's not a single goddamn desk in that office. There is no Nessa in H.R. Exile, half the employees in this building have been made up. This office is a goddamn ghost town.

I didn't learn/realize until very recently that Pepe Silvia was Charlie's illiteracy confusing Pennsylvania

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
okay how about this one: you have to open vorici's chest while keeping him on low life and leaving a bodyguard alive. that's the entire boss fight and you get no loot if he or the bodyguard dies.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Haha Hillock is a member of the syndicate

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

No Safe Word posted:

Ray Calast, this name keeps comin' up over and over and over again. Every day Ray's mail's getting sent back to me. Ray Calast, Ray Calast, I look in the mail, this whole box is Ray Calast! So I say to myself I gotta find this guy. I gotta go up to his hideout, I gotta put his mail in the guy's goddamn hands! Otherwise he's never gonna get it, it's gonna keep coming back down here. So I go up to Ray's office and what do I find out, exile, what do I find out? There is no Ray Calast. The man does not exist, okay? So I decided, ohh poo poo, buddy, I gotta dig a little deeper. There's no Ray Calast, you gotta be kidding me, I got boxes full of Ray! All right, so I start marching my way down to Nessa in H.R. and I knock on her door and I say, "Neeesssa, Neeesa! I gotta talk to you about Ray!" And when I open the door, what do I find? There's not a single goddamn desk in that office. There is no Nessa in H.R. Exile, half the employees in this building have been made up. This office is a goddamn ghost town.

I didn't learn/realize until very recently that Pepe Silvia was Charlie's illiteracy confusing Pennsylvania

:discourse:

also same

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

TheRat posted:

Nothing makes my heart melt quicker than the spelling out of a character name

Could Mellisane get an invite please? Gotta get my ducks in order before this is the new poo poo happens.

Edit: Frozen orbbbbbbb

Cynic Jester fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 13, 2018

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

also really appreciating the implication in the trailer that you'll not only be able to save hideout templats but that new hideout base templates are available. i assume some you can earn through gameplay or challenges and some you can buy for cash money

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Cynic Jester posted:

Could Mellisane get an invite please? Gotta get my ducks in order before this is the new poo poo happens.

sent

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Well I'm super loving hyped about the streamlined crafting

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Dam, no lovely master grind, delve in core (hopefully as it is) and incursions again plus new crafting hotness. Looks good.

Hey blizzard, how's your mobile diablo game going...

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

shattering steel looks like it might play extremely well with ngamahu's axe??

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Scholar and a gentlerodent

Also, frozen orbbbbbb

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

ziddyg video is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_bsqgXKGAU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they just loaded this train up with coal and it's ready to tear down the tracks

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jinnigan posted:

also really appreciating the implication in the trailer that you'll not only be able to save hideout templats but that new hideout base templates are available. i assume some you can earn through gameplay or challenges and some you can buy for cash money

ziggy's video says there are some you can find in the wild and take for your own

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Oh yeah if there is space in the guild could you add MetaofCaustic to it TheRat?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Zhulik posted:

okay how about this one: you have to open vorici's chest while keeping him on low life and leaving a bodyguard alive. that's the entire boss fight and you get no loot if he or the bodyguard dies.

While a hostage kicks the poo poo out of them

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
From ziggyds video: dailies show up on a highlighted map on the atlas (sounds a bit painful early league), and can also be triggered after enough play to allow for more than one a day

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Jinnigan posted:

it'd be nice to have the incursion and delve content at something like 50-70% of the league appearance. less than that and it's too far apart, but that seems like a good balance between "present and meaningful part of gameplay" vs where breaches are now which is "a nice treat on the rare occasion it does show up"

ziggyd's video is saying that new master missions will be generated daily as well as after a number of maps have been played, but each piece of content will individually be more than one 'node' you got out in the wild. seems good, and if nothing else that means there's several ways to tweak the content and rewards after the fact, so even if it feels bad on release they can fix it in several ways

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
I'm going to miss the old Masters so I hope they actually are all part of the Immortal Techniques that you have to fight through.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Vasudus posted:

here's my secret to crafting:

1) plan out what you want
2) search for it
3) cry because it's incredibly expensive
4) refine your search
5) buy the B+ item from some fukkin' nerd for cheaper

This is the tried and true best method yeah

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

ziggy's video says there are some you can find in the wild and take for your own

hell yeahh, i'm just saying this is a definitely monetizable vehicle and i'm sure they'll sell special hideout layouts for. i mean anywhere from $40 up to $100 probably

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i would pay more money than most people would consider reasonable if they let me have a snow/ice themed hideout that was in twilight darkness level light

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jinnigan posted:

hell yeahh, i'm just saying this is a definitely monetizable vehicle and i'm sure they'll sell special hideout layouts for. i mean anywhere from $40 up to $100 probably

oh yeah, pure cosmetics means they can clean uppppp

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
drat this looks pretty incredible. Too bad they didn't name it PoE: Immortal like they almost did though, that would have been too perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
I didn't realize how annoyed with the current masters I was until this trailer told me I could have Einhar instead of Elreon. Just hope the league mechanic doesn't result in a 'syndicate' version of a temple of Aztoatl with nothing but tier 2 rooms.