Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My Moments with Stan by Bendis

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I refuse to believe that Bendis ever had hair.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I just wish there had been a joke at the letterer's expense in the credits. :D

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

I refuse to believe that Bendis ever had hair.

Being called a schmuck by lee hurt so bad he lost all his hair

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Unironically, that is easily the best thing Bendis has ever written.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Being called a schmuck by lee hurt so bad he lost all his hair

If anyone had that kind of vocal power it was Lee.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Rhyno posted:

His code name would be Black Bald

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

hiddenriverninja posted:

His code name would be Black Bald

His real name is Blackagar Baldagon.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

After reading a bunch of 60's comics I refuse to believe Stan could accomplish anything with one word.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

OK I've drawn all the fun, sexy bits, now to do the head / helmet...

eh

:effort:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That's just a bucket with holes cut out.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Weird way to go with Forbush Man.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

eh

The human bullet?

No no no i got it...

Bullet tits

edit : titty knifehips!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Indestructible Hulk Special #1

Superior Spider-Man Team-Up Special #1

Azrael #28

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

NoneMoreNegative posted:

eh

Hell yeah I've been searching for Sexy Lego Woman art.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Can't believe we're ripping on the character design of someone from the MLF that isn't Forearm

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

What I find most fascinating about that drawing is that her outfit is so skintight as to essentially be skin, and every nook and cranny of her musculature can be seen, but her naughty bits are entirely absent. It looks so weird.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That suit by itself would just be boring but man that helmet is so bad it makes the whole thing awful lol

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Why is she wearing red lipstick? If you're gonna cover that much of yourself in gold, loving commit.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

As I recall she had effectively zero fighting ability and could fly (her ability was to slow down people around her, so such luminaries as Wildside and Reaper could gently caress them up). So she was really working those glamour muscles for no good reason.

That team also featured a guy named Sumo, who was just a Japanese blob, Kamikaze, who had the ability to fly really fast into sharp objects once and Zero, a teleporting real doll Stryfe brought with him from the future.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

Sumo / Kamikaze / Zero

How the gently caress does Golden Buckethead fit into this clearly themed team?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Phy posted:

Her name is Betty! :haw:

1: I have no idea what her name is
2: Betty was the code name for certain Japanese bomber planes in WWII.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Kalli posted:

That team also featured a guy named Sumo, who was just a Japanese blob, Kamikaze, who had the ability to fly really fast into sharp objects once and Zero, a teleporting real doll Stryfe brought with him from the future.

Was it as hilarious as it sounds?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Phy posted:

I don't think there was any kind of theme to them other then they had 3 Japanese members to go along with a bunch of 90's rear end roster fillers.

There were:

Tempo
Wildside - An extremely image comics scrapper.
Reaper - A juggalo with a scythe.
Forearm - He had four arms and existed so other big heroes had someone to punch.
Sumo
Kamikaze
Dragoness - Another Japanese lady. Could fly, and was a dragon furry.
Strobe - She also wore gold armor and could melt stuff
Thumbelina - She was short and squat and could shrink and had an even shittier brother who was on one of Mister Sinister's teams. By actually mentioning having a brother I think she had more characterization then the rest of them combined.
Zero - a mute android who teleported them around

all under the leadership of Stryfe - The dumbest outfit ever attached to a clone of Cable who... oh my god he sucks

Unlucky7 posted:

Was it as hilarious as it sounds?

Pretty much, there's a page before this where he's flying at Archangel expounding about how he japanese stereotypes about honorable combat, but...

Yeah, Archangel didn't even notice he iced the guy. This was from somewhere in the middle of X-Cutioner's Song

CannonFodder posted:

Her name is Betty! :haw:

1: I have no idea what her name is
2: Betty was the code name for certain Japanese bomber planes in WWII.

I believe her name is Heather! which comes up because she's upset about being sent on a mission to kill a mutant abortion doctor.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 13, 2018

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Lurdiak posted:

What I find most fascinating about that drawing is that her outfit is so skintight as to essentially be skin, and every nook and cranny of her musculature can be seen, but her naughty bits are entirely absent. It looks so weird.

Her superpower is transferring her camel toe onto the back of her head.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sumo's real name was Jun Tenta, which has to be a reference to real life sumo wrestler and later WWF wrestler John Tenta aka Earthquake.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kalli posted:

As I recall she had effectively zero fighting ability and could fly (her ability was to slow down people around her, so such luminaries as Wildside and Reaper could gently caress them up). So she was really working those glamour muscles for no good reason.

She could make time fly with her.

Or something like that.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Kalli posted:

I don't think there was any kind of theme to them other then they had 3 Japanese members to go along with a bunch of 90's rear end roster fillers.

There were:

Tempo
Forearm - He had four arms and existed so other big heroes had someone to punch.
Sumo
Kamikaze
Thumbelina - She was short and squat and could shrink and had an even shittier brother who was on one of Mister Sinister's teams. By actually mentioning having a brother I think she had more characterization then the rest of them combined.

all under the leadership of Stryfe - The dumbest outfit ever attached to a clone of Cable who... oh my god he sucks

Pretty much, there's a page before this where he's flying at Archangel expounding about how he japanese stereotypes about honorable combat, but...

Yeah, Archangel didn't even notice he iced the guy. This was from somewhere in the middle of X-Cutioner's Song

Bonus points for Boom Boom's line right before she sees him. That Peter David.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kalli posted:

There were:

Tempo
Sumo
Kamikaze

Let's be fair. There's no theme because they were made by Liefeld.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He'll never be the head of a major organization now.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Tempo actually had a relatively lively career for an MLF badguy-- she eventually wound up almost joining X-Force, retiring to go to college, running around with the Acolytes, and eventually being a background character during the Utopia period of the main X-titles.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Reaper also got one of his hands cut off and got a scythe implanted onto his stump.

I'm not sure if he actually had powers, as such.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Endless Mike posted:

Reaper also got one of his hands cut off and got a scythe implanted onto his stump.

I'm not sure if he actually had powers, as such.

Pfffft, Reaper ain't poo poo.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

X-O posted:

Pfffft, Reaper ain't poo poo.

At least he stayed in his lane and fought people around his power level. Reaper got a scythe and said "you know what, I'm going after the Avengers."

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I think you're confusing Mutant Liberation Front member Reaper with Wonder Man's brother Grim Reaper.

vs

As you can plainly see, Reaper is left-handed.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Trying to imagine how Razorfist takes a quick leak before really getting into doing some crimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Kalli posted:

Trying to imagine how Razorfist takes a quick leak before really getting into doing some crimes.

See I was trying to imagine him having to stop and figure how to pull his mid thigh high boots up every five minutes when they start rolling down his leg. Alternatively how he deals with wedgies, because that costume looks like a wedgie machine.