Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Old news at this point but it was official as of 4pm that Leveon Bell will not play this season. I was holding out hope, running back depth contributed to every Steelers postseason loss since 2014 except last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Jivesauce posted:

It was Shanahan trotting him back out there after he was already obviously injured that people take issue with I think. It was pretty painful to watch at the time.

Peaks about here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3526787&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=109

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

THIS IS COOL

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Moxie posted:

Old news at this point but it was official as of 4pm that Leveon Bell will not play this season. I was holding out hope, running back depth contributed to every Steelers postseason loss since 2014 except last year.
God the yinzer takes are going to be nuclear (I mean they already are, but even somehow worse)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

indigi posted:

THIS IS COOL

I'm so used to this phrase being used in situations which are not, in fact, cool that it really threw me off

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

It's amazing to me that George Toma is still alive. Like, every Super Bowl, decades of doing stuff in Kansas City when he wasn't doing that, now he's flying down to Mexico at (looks it up)...89 if I did the math right?

We need to get a new turf/grass/field guru because this one can't last much longer.

Somewhere, under a clear sky in a quiet valley in kentucky, his successor is growing

Play
Apr 25, 2006

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...1u1elscaqe61suq

Quenton Nelson said he wasn't even screaming on that play and it was edited in from another play. Which is... pretty drat weird and I feel like he might just not have known

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Um, all first responders are bastards and their entire families should be killed though :confused:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes5/status/1062457551109922818

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The titans beat the Patriots

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

that's pretty garbage

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Weird, that’s my fetish

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It is pretty weird that a field/stadium was so bad the NFL was eventually shamed into saying "ok, we'll play in the LA Coliseum" and everyone's good with that.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
One of the glories of sports talk in DC is having the hosts schedule the grounds crew to ask them why the field is so terrible.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I thought mexicans were really good at lawn care?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

^ woof

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Metapod posted:

The titans beat the Patriots
the americas team beat the patriots

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Fat Jesus posted:

I thought mexicans were really good at lawn care?

Yikes

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Can’t believe the nfl would keep first responders away from the fires by giving them free tickets, maybe they want Cali to burn? I’ll take my answer off the air

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/WPXIMikeHolden/status/1062467145970446336

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

LAWRENCEVILLE - Asked a woman “God, did you hear about LeVeon Bell?”
Woman: “No.”
Me: “Never hosted Reading Rainbow. That was Levar Burton.”
Thought she would cry.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Thaddius the Large posted:

LAWRENCEVILLE - Asked a woman “God, did you hear about LeVeon Bell?”
Woman: “No.”
Me: “Never hosted Reading Rainbow. That was Levar Burton.”
Thought she would cry.

:laffo: this rules.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Lawrenceville is the Williamsburg of Pittsburgh

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Lawrenceville is the Williamsburg of Pittsburgh

What does that even mean?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Saints situation is officially an emergency. This means that I will cheer for any team against them, INCLUDING the Redskins. Although they've already lost to them so worthless. Every time in my entire life I have rooted for the Redskins, they have lost. But if they somehow met in an NFC Championship game, I would even root for the Redskins. Unless the Ravens were going to be the SB team for the AFC, in which case it would become much more complicated. But that's not going to happen, so yes in a Redskins/Saints NFCC I am for Washington.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Flikken posted:

I feel like more people have been to Brooklyn than Pittsburgh?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

jesus man tone down the racism a bit would you

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I will never understand the Kawalimus 7 dimensional chess about who is allowed to beat who. I just look at it as some unknowable ancient work, like the Colossus of Rhodes.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Kawalimus posted:

The Saints situation is officially an emergency. This means that I will cheer for any team against them, INCLUDING the Redskins. Although they've already lost to them so worthless. Every time in my entire life I have rooted for the Redskins, they have lost. But if they somehow met in an NFC Championship game, I would even root for the Redskins. Unless the Ravens were going to be the SB team for the AFC, in which case it would become much more complicated. But that's not going to happen, so yes in a Redskins/Saints NFCC I am for Washington.

Thank you for the update

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Docjowles posted:

I will never understand the Kawalimus 7 dimensional chess about who is allowed to beat who. I just look at it as some unknowable ancient work, like the Colossus of Rhodes.

The Saints would be 2 for 2 in SB appearances like the Ravens, and that's the lemon dude from Adventure Time screaming "unacceptable!" while looking at an infinite mirror recursion

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Flikken posted:

Its the rapidly gentrifying "hip" place in Pittsburgh (really a lot of the east neighborhoods can be this, thank god we didn't get Amazon HQ2), but there are some fashy elements around and some places have strict music/cloths rules for their establishments there (guess what kind of people they don't want showing up at Arsenal Bowling alley?)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kawalimus posted:

ok

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

I hope you only see rock doves for the rest of your life.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
Birds are awful creatures and all bird themed teams can get bent.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I saw two Northern Flickers on a telephone pole the other day in my neighborhood

They were all worked up about something

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The conspiracy theorists/racists are out on twitter saying there’s no way the NFL could let Mexico have the matchup of the year so of course they ignored the field until it was too late and moved the game back to the good old USA.

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

It's amazing to me that George Toma is still alive. Like, every Super Bowl, decades of doing stuff in Kansas City when he wasn't doing that, now he's flying down to Mexico at (looks it up)...89 if I did the math right?

We need to get a new turf/grass/field guru because this one can't last much longer.

Live feed from Mexico:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Do pro soccer players actually play in that kind of poo poo field condition?

I get it's a soccer field first but goddamn did the grounds crew just have no idea? I have a hard time putting this on the NFL for expecting basic competence in grounds keeping.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
NFL doesn’t have to worry about Mahomes getting blinded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

poo poo I am going to have to stay up to watch that MNF game.

cpranger posted:

Birds are awful creatures and all bird themed teams can get bent.