Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Hue stays in Ohio! And the Prime Time game gets flexed into an NFC North matchup:

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
https://twitter.com/NFLUK/status/1062399065529425920

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/ChrisBiderman/status/1062399514181492736

Bay area baby

Edit:

Shout out St Louis Rams

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

should be NFL Week 11 Hues Views

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

The Cleveland Things helmet is awesome.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Good god we're gonna get thundercunted by the Saints this week

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

No Butt Stuff posted:

should be NFL Week 11 Hues Views

I like this. Also I forgot to change the tag from poo poo Post :facepalm:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

CyberPingu posted:

Good god we're gonna get thundercunted by the Saints this week

It's really upsetting to think about

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The idea that someone like Kareem Hunt or Todd Gurley could take a bad step and end their season or future all stars like Goff or Mahomes could get smushed into that poo poo field should force them to move it.

Sure, it's a logistic nightmare with huge financial ramifications that don't even take into account the fans who bought tickets and made travel arrangements but holy poo poo look at that rear end field. Maybe you should have taken care of it and not had a concert a couple days ago? It was a stupid idea in the first place. That city is almost the same elevation as Mammoth. I get winded walking across the street to the bar there.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Moving this stuff over from the last thread:

Because loving yikes.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Athanatos posted:

Moving this stuff over from the last thread:
Because loving yikes.

Thanks for the changes!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

You see, that field has trenches to pay homage to the troops of World War 1 who had to fight brutal trench warfare before dying horribly, therefore NFL players should have to play in similar conditions.

Watchout for the 2nd quarter mustard gas delay of game.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
We are all Damarious Randall

https://twitter.com/RandallTime/status/1062371790586961921
https://twitter.com/RandallTime/status/1062371986196750336

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm so glad that *reads index card* The Nation of Mexico is here to make Dan Snyder's field look good!

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

how do they gently caress up synthetic turf like that

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Makes since. Nobody knows how to stop the Browns better than Hue.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Did the NFL wait till yesterday to send someone down there to take a look? I feel like this is an issue they would have seen before 7 days till kickoff.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Athanatos posted:

Did the NFL wait till yesterday to send someone down there to take a look? I feel like this is an issue they would have seen before 7 days till kickoff.

from what I've read this is because of a concert the previous night

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Spoeank posted:

Shout out St Louis Rams

That has to be some intentional shade, lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/sportsradio810/status/1062411998485450754?s=12

kiimo fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Nov 13, 2018

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

indigi posted:

from what I've read this is because of a concert the previous night

if by previous night you mean on october 11, then yes.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Will the NFL put player safety ahead of profits? Let’s see what happens

I can't bear the suspense

That doesn't really look that bad to me honestly

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

Seriously they've had a month to fix this and it is happening less than a week before the game? lol

Play posted:

I would think you'd want more than 6 days for roots to take hold. They're like 2x2 squares of sod over what looks like rock hard dirt. That isn't safe that's gonna get tore the gently caress up in one quarter. What is holding it down?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Play posted:

I can't bear the suspense

Lmao that's gonna get torn up the first time the lines collide.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Play posted:

Doesn't sod take like a minimum of 2 weeks to set even any kind of roots and upward of like 2 months before it establishes actual roots?

Someone said it's basically a throw rug at that point, and it kinda seems to be the case and you would think the NFL would have addressed this clear problem some time sooner than 6 days before the actual game lol

kiimo posted:

What is holding it down?

The collective ACLs from Gurley, Woods, Cooks, Mahomes, Hill and Hunt

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 13, 2018

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

No Butt Stuff posted:

wow the NFL is truly garbage

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They’ve had since October 11 to fix this and the NFL threatens to move the game so just today do they attempt to fix it which won’t have time for roots to take hold. Then again it took the NFL this long to notice the field based on social media. I can’t decide which organization is more poorly and selfishly run.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
sad face

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

this is the caravan's fault, somehow

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

weird Asian candy posted:

Doesn't sod take like a minimum of 2 weeks to set even any kind of roots and upward of like 2 months before it establishes actual roots?

Someone said it's basically a throw rug at that point, and it kinda seems to be the case and you would think the NFL would have addressed this clear problem some time sooner than 6 days before the actual game lol

The collective ACLs from Gurley, Woods, Cooks, Mahomes, Hill and Hunt

Wouldn't a soft field be easier on ACLs? I know I've read a few months back that turf fields destroy ACLs because it's easier to plant and the field doesn't squish and contract that much compared to grass and soil.

It'll be great if it rains.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

i don't know a drat thing about sod so i guess i will bow to y'alls sod knowledge.

I would think, though, having other pieces of sod to each side (they're pretty thick) + gravity should be enough to keep those things down, because you'd have to make to basically scoop with the cleats and lift to get them to move at all. Even in a hard cut the force from a player's foot is mainly going down and to the side, which will just push it into the ground and into another piece of sod to the side, which if they are solid and sturdy shouldn't move at all. I'm probably absurdly wrong, but there's also still a week for some roots to grow

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Wouldn't a soft field be easier on ACLs? I know I've read a few months back that turf fields destroy ACLs because it's easier to plant and the field doesn't squish and contract that much compared to grass and soil.

In theory, yes. But again go back to a rug on a hardwood floor. Imagine running full speed and then planting a foot on that rug and trying to cut the other way. It's not that drastic obviously, but that's kinda what they are up against. That field is going to get chewed the gently caress up and will make Soldier Field and Heinz Field look pristine.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

you could tear up freshly laid sod playing two hand touch in sneakers. I know because me and my cousins "ruined Thanksgiving" or some bullshit

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Somebody help me out here because I swear we've been through this some time in the recent past (5-15 years, it's all a blur) where some team tried to put down sod less than a week before the game and they had a field reporter down on the field during the game or just before it showing how hosed up the sod was. I feel like it happened in some stadium they no longer play in? I am getting major deja vu. The Eagles?

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

There was that hall of fame game they had to cancel. Was that also the one where they used the wrong kind of paint?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

indigi posted:

you could tear up freshly laid sod playing two hand touch in sneakers. I know because me and my cousins "ruined Thanksgiving" or some bullshit

Was that sod as thick as this stuff though? This stuff looks like a good 6 inches deep or so

kiimo posted:

Somebody help me out here because I swear we've been through this some time in the recent past (5-15 years, it's all a blur) where some team tried to put down sod less than a week before the game and they had a field reporter down on the field during the game or just before it showing how hosed up the sod was. I feel like it happened in some stadium they no longer play in? I am getting major deja vu. The Eagles?

One thing that comes to mind from Hard Knocks is a Ravens preseason game where it was revealed after Harbaugh insisted on lifting up the turf that there was like a twelve foot long, five inch wide gap between concrete blocks that are under the turf. Basically something that will tear your ankle to shreds if you had the bad luck to step on it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Seams in astroturf were the main ligament threats as I remember. Like, there were places you'd plant your foot and it would get caught between two pieces of turf and not let go. Of course it was like playing on concrete with a rug over it too, so everything else sucked about it in addition to that.

I'd imagine seams could be a problem with actual grass planted like that too, or at least it seems like it could? I am not an expert.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Play posted:

Was that sod as thick as this stuff though? This stuff looks like a good 6 inches deep or so

Seems like every other roll of sod I've ever seen laid :shrug:

And yeah, newly laid sod is fragile as poo poo. We were a week into our sod install and my 45 lb dog went zooming over it and ripped that poo poo up.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Play posted:

I don't think it was six inches thick but we also weren't 250 pound men with 4.8 40s wearing cleats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

well i will pray for the ligaments then. please join me