Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

citybeatnik posted:

I'm still not entirely sure how I should feel about BDS or even the right drat questions I should be asking to figure out how I should feel.

What do you think of the sanctions on apartheid South Africa?

There ya go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Eric might somehow not be the dumber one:

https://twitter.com/goldengateblond/status/1062198562002358272

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

friendbot2000 posted:

Wtf. French Wine is vastly superior in every way and is a central piece of their national identity. No loving duh they don't want a bunch of American wine flooding into their markets cheapening what is essentially a national brand of sorts. Jesus Christ this man is so dumb.

Change French to American
Change wine to car
Change American to Japanese

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Eric was never the dumb one, he just looks dumber. Barron is the smart one and is a certified chess grandmaster, like his father.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

I maintain Eric has demonstrated a sort of low cunning in avoiding the spotlight, unlike his older limelight-seeking brother.

Either that or he's just really dumber than a sack of hammers and can't put together the wherewithal to publicly embarrass himself as readily as Junior.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

citybeatnik posted:

I'm still not entirely sure how I should feel about BDS or even the right drat questions I should be asking to figure out how I should feel.

it's good

Giggy posted:

Well, how do you feel about Israel and Palestine?

this; to not be a total shitposter, BDS is essentially the only viable peaceful pressure that individuals/groups/most countries can take to try and get Israel to knock off its nastiness. BDS-aligned demands are pretty reasonable, as well.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Haven't we long known that SNL got it wrong?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

citybeatnik posted:

Do you feel it should be illegal though? Because I still haven’t figured out not buying from Israel is a crime.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1062449030595260417

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Edmund Lava posted:

Do you feel it should be illegal though? Because I still haven’t figured out not buying from Israel is a crime.

illegalizing it is probably unconstitutional, incidentally

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/PaulBlu/status/1062404457407877121

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

friendbot2000 posted:

Wtf. French Wine is vastly superior in every way and is a central piece of their national identity. No loving duh they don't want a bunch of American wine flooding into their markets cheapening what is essentially a national brand of sorts. Jesus Christ this man is so dumb.

Yeah no, don't let a (usually good) reflex to assume whatever Trump says is the opposite of reality trick you into casting France's bullshit wine snobbery as a virtue.

California makes wine every bit as good as French wine.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

There is a California wine made by Paul Masson, inspired by that same French excellence.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Jarmak posted:

Yeah no, don't let a (usually good) reflex to assume whatever Trump says is the opposite of reality trick you into casting France's bullshit wine snobbery as a virtue.

California makes wine every bit as good as French wine.

i live in sonoma county, we have good wine and good beer and good weed, and sometimes we're not on fire

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

it's good

this; to not be a total shitposter, BDS is essentially the only viable peaceful pressure that individuals/groups/most countries can take to try and get Israel to knock off its nastiness. BDS-aligned demands are pretty reasonable, as well.

the idea that a economic boycott of a country because it's doing Literal Apartheid is anti-semitic is truly one of the dumbest things that even liberals still believe

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

I could have phrased that better i guess.

I'm cool with BDS and find the idea of it being considered illegal stupid. My concern comes more from lacking the proper lingustic framework/experience to talk about it properly re keeping the government of Israel very firmly separated from the jewish faith/people.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/inthesedeserts/status/1062479401647067136

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

citybeatnik posted:

I'm cool with BDS and find the idea of it being considered illegal stupid. My concern comes more from lacking the proper lingustic framework/experience to talk about it properly re keeping the government of Israel very firmly separated from the jewish faith/people.

Israel is doing a bang up loving job of that in case you hadn't noticed.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

eke out posted:

the idea that a economic boycott of a country because it's doing Literal Apartheid is anti-semitic is truly one of the dumbest things that even liberals still believe

Fewer and fewer believe this and once the kooks shout themselves hoarse everyone else will shrug and say “huh, I guess peaceful protest shouldn’t be illegal and gently caress Netanyahu, he’s a Trump supporter who hates even milquetoast Democrats.”

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Nov 14, 2018

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

citybeatnik posted:

https://bdsmovement.net/what-is-bds

quote:

BOYCOTTS involve withdrawing support for Israel and Israeli and international companies that are involved in the violation of Palestinian human rights, as well as complicit Israeli sporting, cultural and academic institutions.

DIVESTMENT campaigns urge banks, local councils, churches, pension funds and universities to withdraw investments from all Israeli companies and from international companies involved in violating Palestinian rights.

SANCTIONS campaigns pressure governments to fulfil their legal obligation to hold Israel to account including by ending military trade, free-trade agreements and expelling Israel from international forums such as the UN and FIFA.

By their quick faq/mission statement, the targeting is pretty clearly not directed at the jewish faith and people.

Academic stuff: https://bdsmovement.net/academic-boycott

The cultural stuff is directed at Israel-government-funded events and organizations: https://bdsmovement.net/cultural-boycott

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Gnossiennes posted:

i live in sonoma county, we have good wine and good beer and good weed, and sometimes we're not on fire

Pfft. Name once you haven't been on fire.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

yronic heroism posted:

Fewer and fewer believe this and once the kooks shout themselves hoarse everyone else will shrug and say “huh, I guess peaceful protest shouldn’t be illegal and gently caress Netenyahu, he’s a Trump supporter who hates even milquetoast Democrats.”

israel-aligned lobbyists and whatnot started screaming bloody murder the moment Netanyahu started making support for Israel into a partisan issue because he hated Obama / Obama chided Israel in the gentlest and most toothless way possible, because they realize that down that road lies the Democratic Party potentially actually doing something to inconvenience the apartheid state

i imagine they're not delighted with the whole Trump thing

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

GreyjoyBastard posted:

https://bdsmovement.net/what-is-bds

By their quick faq/mission statement, the targeting is pretty clearly not directed at the jewish faith and people.

Academic stuff: https://bdsmovement.net/academic-boycott

The cultural stuff is directed at Israel-government-funded events and organizations: https://bdsmovement.net/cultural-boycott

Yeah, that'll do thanks.

It's on the list of things that I think are cool and good but since I don't know the proper arguments that supporters have for it i end up not feeling like it's something i, a vaguely white dude, needs to have a loud/vocal opinion on.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

citybeatnik posted:

Yeah, that'll do thanks.

It's on the list of things that I think are cool and good but since I don't know the proper arguments that supporters have for it i end up not feeling like it's something i, a vaguely white dude, needs to have a loud/vocal opinion on.

I just parrot the website and link people to it if it comes up. :v:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Someone requested this earlier.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

citybeatnik posted:

Israel bad. Judaism and Jews good. Anyone who attempts to conflate the categories bad.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Not a Step posted:

Israel bad. Judaism and Jews good. Anyone who attempts to conflate the categories bad.

Yeah this is obvious to anyone except gaslighting CHUDs and it's about time they get called out for hiding behind that. Pieces of poo poo like Bari Weiss for starters (assuming she's not getting called out currently, which I'm sure she likely is).

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Crain posted:

Someone requested this earlier.

If I didn't already know who this was supposed to be I would probably guess Maxine Waters or a much wrinklier Michelle Obama.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/MurphyCBS46/status/1062425579465654273

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Back in the 90s, when there was significant progress towards a real peace deal, an Israeli right wing extremist assassinated the pro-peace Prime Minister (Rabin) and the right wing extremists proceeded to take the momentum of it to take over the government and run an insanely corrupt oligarchy by uniting the religious extremists with the extreme pro-business factions, modeled after the Moral Majority that the Republicans built from the 80s-10s.

Its really hosed up how much they got what they wanted by violently derailing the peace process, especially considering that Netanyahu was behind a ton of the rhetoric and propaganda that villanized Rabin, like photoshopping him into an SS uniform or the old classic of putting up pictures of his head in sniper crosshair. There is also a major belief that the Israeli FBI equivalent allowed it to happen, since a lot of the military was upset about giving up land they felt they had rightfully taken.

There was also a ton propaganda after the Israeli Army was sent in to remove illegal Israeli settlers from Gaza after they gave the territory back to the Palestinians.

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 14, 2018

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Crain posted:

Someone requested this earlier

See, she's darker so that means she's even more evil.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Your Taint posted:

Garrison has to label everything. “Darker” is a broken dog whistle version of a label for his audience.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I'm proud that the bigoted piece of poo poo blocked me on Twitter. Also saved me alot of time having to repeatedly call him a bigoted piece of poo poo on Twitter.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

No Safe Word posted:

Ah yes the productive time that included such huge achievements as:

- a super unpopular tax cut
- this space for rent

My friendly neighborhood chud is going all in on "The 2018 1040 form is the size of a postcard tho!!!!"

.... I mean yeah it's a lot simpler because now there's no alternative minimum tax anymore I guess, but ...

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/donoteat1/status/1062351732150358021

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Data Graham posted:

My friendly neighborhood chud is going all in on "The 2018 1040 form is the size of a postcard tho!!!!"

.... I mean yeah it's a lot simpler because now there's no alternative minimum tax anymore I guess, but ...

Still not sure exactly what people are finding so complicated about filling in exactly what the website tells you to put in the box

I figure half the people complaining about it probably weren't filing anyway

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
EDIT: Way too slow for this thread. Just rehashing the Melania-Mira Ricardel stuff

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I can't wait until this piece of poo poo collapses and dies.

https://twitter.com/senatemajldr/status/1062461047892787204

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that mitch mcconnell op-ed is something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Your Taint posted:

Jfc his cheeks must be red from blowing that whistle, I wonder if she was holding a banana in the rough draft.