Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

That is Aunt Martha from Sleepaway Camp!

Sleepaway Camp is great and has quite bit more going on textually than most slasher movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

That is Aunt Martha from Sleepaway Camp!

AHA! It was bugging me way more than it should have, thanks!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Nottherealaborn posted:

Funny headline, but it literally just means they’re hiring them instead of utilizing independent contractor agreements

That'd be big news in a shitload of industries (and growing!) nowadays.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Randaconda posted:

Sleepaway Camp is great and has quite bit more going on textually than most slasher movies.

Trying to remember which sleepaway camp sequel it was where the killer half-assedly beats someone to death with a twig because it’s probably my favorite slasher movie moment ever. It was like they ran out of whatever meager funding they had and the director was like “uhhhh just get her with this stick and both of you try to look really unenthusiastic about it”

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Sounds like a problem you want to have?

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Scathach posted:

Sounds like a problem you want to have?

Spoken like someone who's never had sex in a car

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Have you ever had sex somewhere very uncomfortable?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

madeintaipei posted:

In the rear end?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

madeintaipei posted:

Like the back of a Volkswagen?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spog posted:

In the rear end?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Gum posted:

Spoken like someone who's never had sex in a car

I have a Bronco II with folding back seats so I guess I don't see car sex as a chore. God get self-driving SUVs, people. I'm not here to solve your problems for you!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

About time they start arresting sloppy butt wipers.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Scathach posted:

I have a Bronco II with folding back seats so I guess I don't see car sex as a chore. God get self-driving SUVs, people. I'm not here to solve your problems for you!

Reminds me of this apocraphal story about a guy fresh out of the air force who thought cruise control equaled autopilot. Got in the back of his minivan and started drinking

Just picturing that guy but sex

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I can not help but read that as butt sex. SA broke my brain.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Scathach posted:

I can not help but read that as butt sex. SA broke my brain.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

...No ring?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Knormal posted:

...No ring?

You take it off before you get in the car.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
If you like it you can Photoshop a ring on it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sir Lemming posted:

If you like it you can Photoshop a ring on it

:hai:

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

madeintaipei posted:

Have you met my ex?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Afriscipio posted:

Have you met my ex?

:randvince:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Portland is the 4th best place to be single in the U.S.

Actually, Portland is a terrible place to be single, female readers say

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Brian sounds like a cool dude.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Very appropriate screenshot to go with article.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

The only thing strange about this is that people reported him to the police :australia:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The MSJ posted:

"More relatable to cool youths" is a fantastic phrase.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The MSJ posted:

I can’t be the only one who thinks that if the troops put together an eSports team they could beat FaZe

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Are they making any more America's Army game? Which funnily enough the Ministry of Defence contracted out to French company Ubisoft.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Henchman of Santa posted:

I can’t be the only one who thinks that if the troops put together an eSports team they could beat FaZe

Depends if the game penalises you for teamkills.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

syscall girl posted:

Reminds me of this apocraphal story about a guy fresh out of the air force who thought cruise control equaled autopilot. Got in the back of his minivan and started drinking

Fake, there's no way that guy waited until he was out of the air force before he tried that trick.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

System error: Japan cyber security minister admits he has never used a computer

quote:

“Since the age of 25, I have instructed my employees and secretaries, so I don’t use computers myself,” he said in a response to an opposition question in a lower house session, local media reported.

When Renho asked him how much funding the central government would contribute to the 2020 Olympics and Paralympics, he responded: “1,500 yen”, which works out at just over $13, some way below the actual sum of 150 billion yen.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Drama Surrounding Bunnings' Sausages

quote:

"Whether the onions are on top or underneath, I'll always be buying sausages on bread," says Australia's prime minister, who has commented on this for some reason.

The Bunnings sausage sizzle is an open-faced sausage sandwich, usually made with mass-produced sausages, white bread, optional onions, and condiments at your leisure. They're sold at charity pop-ups, held at Bunnings hardware stores across the country.

Earlier this week Bunnings made an announcement that shook Australia to its very core: new safety measures were being introduced that would require sausages to be served onion-first, underneath the sausage, for Occupational Health and Safety reasons.

I don't know if it's mistake by the article's author or if there are actually some weirdos who call a sausage in bread a "sausage sizzle", because I've never heard that. The event at which the sausages are sold is a sausage sizzle, the product itself is just a sausage in bread. :argh:

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Drama Surrounding Bunnings' Sausages

I don't know if it's mistake by the article's author or if there are actually some weirdos who call a sausage in bread a "sausage sizzle", because I've never heard that. The event at which the sausages are sold is a sausage sizzle, the product itself is just a sausage in bread. :argh:

Wars have been started over regional names for sausage sangas.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Wow, I'm a monogamous tech worker, I rarely drink and don't give a poo poo about spectator sports; maybe I should move to Portland!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

AlbieQuirky posted:

I have a copy of this book that was my grandma's, and holy gently caress what a nightmare.

That book is not nearly as adorable as the title suggests. :(